Bicyclettes

canice

haha, i know. i think at this point the deep v is the nike dunk equivalent on a bike, but fuck that. everyone goes through a dunk stage, plus i need to build up a new wheel for my daily with a nice set of hubs.

i think im gonna get some of those gran compe hubs and do an open pro up front, just in silver cause i use a brake

why anyone would want to run tubular tires on the streets is beyond me

Wuh-oh, I just bought a Concept....oh well, it's another pair of dunks on my bedroom floorr.

I might buy a Corima 650c Tubular, any ideas? is it a shitty idea getting a tubular wheel?

after long and hard thought i am going to sell my bmc track machine. im posting it here and then it goes to ebay

FM2682.jpg

im selling the frameset for 1600 firm it a 57cm and has this

that is an awesome frame.. but all i have to bargain with are my arms and legs ;D

maybe my soul on a piece of paper.. hm

what's up with wednesday?

and something happened to my bike that i'd never experienced before.. basically when i skid now, it seems like the whole frame vibrates and makes a really loud humm/screech noise..

like nails on a chalkboard.. amplified by my aluminum frame somehow and it's really loud.. when i skid it sounds like tokyo drift or some shit.

help? o.o

Bought this fucking crazy polish prototype bike from a german friend.

img0121oe3.jpg

(was doing maintanence on the BB on the Vivalo, hence it being apart. Took the opporotunity to see the new frame with wheels)

I'm gonna murder it out. Gonna keep those wheels on it, possibly buy some FSA Vigorelli cranks/ring from a friend, and black bars.

Picked up a miche bottom bracket, and it's not fitting at all. He was saying something about the BB, but I didn't entirely hear him, I'm gonna have to take that shit to a shop to get figured out.

if u wanna deal with tubies then go for it. dont glue them just tape them. just be carefull i was riding with my friend once and he rolled a tire off his shamal coming down from a wheelie.

I disagree, gluing a tire is easier. Just put your bike upside down, put eh rim in the fork, get a plastic spoon, spin the wheel and apply glue and even it out with back of spoon. place tire on there and adjust it, should be ready within 24 hours. the reason I recommend glue over tape is that you CANNOT adjust tape, and often it is very difficult to get the tire on the rim straight the firt time. also, stretch your tire out on the rim the night before.

all this stuff can be found on forums and websites, it's jsut hard to get a straight answer sometimes, ya know? either way, don't run tubies on the street, its just stupid.

my tt wheels have tubies and they are sooo nice. its a better right. but i would never hill bomb with a tubie. thats a lie. my zipps are tubie.

img0122zr7.jpg

Frame is overbuilt like a motherfucker.

looks like the broakland pipebomb

2477191261_8fc89bdab4.jpg

2478934858_1e68020798.jpg

what's up with wednesday?

and something happened to my bike that i'd never experienced before.. basically when i skid now, it seems like the whole frame vibrates and makes a really loud humm/screech noise..

like nails on a chalkboard.. amplified by my aluminum frame somehow and it's really loud.. when i skid it sounds like tokyo drift or some shit.

i would say something it loose. al reverberates like a bitch. its prob your bb. i would just go through everything any make sure its all tight. careful if you havent done bbs before i wouldnt fuck with it just take it to a shop and have them do it for 8 bucks

and wednesday is a hill bombing sesh

I just picked up an old Azuki Classic 10-speed for $40. Lugged frame, chrome spoke guard, stem shifter, chrome fork tips, suicide levers... I'm pretty sure this bike is older than I am.

I'll probably just use it for a commuter, but if I can find some cheap parts I may convert it to fixed. I just can't see myself dropping a ton of money into an old Japanese road bike... you know, the 'ol $1000 car with $10,000 wheels arguement...

ya get a new chain and rear wheel and you are basically set. make sure that the fixed cog is the same chain size as the chain ring. personally i think that track dropouts are a necessity for track bikes but you arent going to bomb hills or race in a velodrome then just do the conversion.

you shouldnt need to spend more then $100

ya get a new chain and rear wheel and you are basically set. make sure that the fixed cog is the same chain size as the chain ring. personally i think that track dropouts are a necessity for track bikes but you arent going to bomb hills or race in a velodrome then just do the conversion.

you shouldnt need to spend more then $100

there's nothing wrong with bombing hills on a conversion.

I hear you get a smoother ride on tubies, but it's too much trouble. Say you get a flat, OH SHIT WHERE'S MY GLUE

more like, oh fuck, give me an hour to rip this thing off, patch, and re glue, and somehow trust the re glue enough to ride home. call a friend is more like it.

more like, oh fuck, give me an hour to rip this thing off, patch, and re glue, and somehow trust the re glue enough to ride home. call a friend is more like it.

From what I understand, you don't have to glue them on (in a pinch). You can just inflate the bejesus out of them.

i bought a mercier kilo tt recently, and i don't think it comes with any brakes. here's where i got it from: http://bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm. can anyone recommend a set of front and rear or maybe just front brakes (my sensibility and my vanity are still working that out)? without any knowledge of brake pricing, i would like something average but not amazing (i did get a kilo tt afterall), and my range is probably around $50. thanx doodz

i bought a mercier kilo tt recently, and i don't think it comes with any brakes. here's where i got it from: http://bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm. can anyone recommend a set of front and rear or maybe just front brakes (my sensibility and my vanity are still working that out)? without any knowledge of brake pricing, i would like something average but not amazing (i did get a kilo tt afterall), and my range is probably around $50. thanx doodz

You only need a front brake. A rear brake is going to do nothing for you on a fixed gear. It's kind of like a screen door on a submarine. :P

For $50, I would recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/Cane-Creek-SCR-3L-Caliper-Bicycle/dp/B0010385YO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1210972719&sr=1-3

You can get a brake handle for $20-ish to complete the deal.