Bicyclettes

canice

i would say no because it doesnt have track drop outs its not safe riding road drops with a fixed gear.

What? With all the legitimate reasons that that Peugeot's not a great deal, I see no reason to make up BS like this.

Supreme still sucks.

Especially when it's skateboarding stickers...on a bike.

I don't agree, supreme stickers are ok on a bike, just as mash ones, and fatlace ones, and mavic ones, and whatever else as long as they abide by the rule of stickering: if your not sponsored by said company, ONE PER BRAND.

i guess I didn't pay attention to the bicycle sticker rulebook that was supposed to come with my bike. Honestly I've spent enough money at supreme over the years that I think i'm entitled to put a sticker or two on a bike of mine. I do also skate as well; my trick days are over but I still ride a loaded vanguard around town. Whats with the big hangup guys?

i dont see how thats bs. bmx and track bikes have horizontal drop outs for a reason. unless he has an eccentric bb he or shouldnt be doing hard riding on it

#1 That bike does have horizontal drop outs. (See: http://sheldonbrown.com/gloss_dr-z.html#dropout )

#2 Track ends are more used out of tradition than anything else. I guess there is the marginal benefit of horizontal position of the rear wheel not affecting the height of the rear of the frame, but that's pretty marginal, and largely irrelevent for anyone but the stickiest of sticklers. People do plenty of "hard riding" on track ends, horizontal dropouts, and vertical dropouts without their wheels falling off.

dont get technical if you are just quoting sheldon brown

and no they arent for tradition more then anything else they are there because you dont have a tensioner on a track bike. the tension is set by moving the wheel back.

dont get technical if you are just quoting sheldon brown

and no they arent for tradition more then anything else they are there because you dont have a tensioner on a track bike. the tension is set by moving the wheel back.

You can do exactly the same thing on that bike. It's got horizontal dropouts. And if Sheldon Brown isn't an authority then I don't know who is. He knew more about this stuff than any of us ever will.

you did a bad job quoting it.

"Track and BMX bicycles do not have rear drop outs, they use fork ends that open to the rear."

track dropouts or horizontal drop outs.

when people say road drop outs they mean forward drop outs and when the horizontal they mean rear. just like clipless have clips and toe clips dont.

i had the great pleasure of meeting mr brown. may he rest in peace

no tricks, just practice. just get in a trackstand and roll forward and backward as far as you can both ways. it helps if you learn trackstands opposite to what you are used to. most likely you are falling inward as you hit the second stroke, just lean forward, always seems to work for me, but i'm like da burgla, I didn't ride for a couple months and I can't do them everytime anymore.

Im new to fixed gear, and have yet to do a critical mass or anything, but do people really sit around and do these tricks? It seems really dumb. Im sure they are difficult and what not, but when you look at say a skateboarder do a trick, dont you feel a little stupid putting your leg over the handlebars?

I guess its sorta like how skateboardes look down on rollerbladers.

No hate...its just funny to me to see people get all excited like they just discovered fire when they do a backwards circle or something.

dude, 99% of fixed gear riders either skateboard or bmx so we don't really feel dumb. also, a good percentage of bay area skateboarders do tricks on fixed gears.

it may be a dumb backwards circle, but MASH is like BAN THIS or some groundbreaking skateboard shit from back in teh day, and that's why it's exciting, because this is the beginning. I dunno, it's also funner than skateboarding alot of the time.

dude, 99% of fixed gear riders either skateboard or bmx so we don't really feel dumb. also, a good percentage of bay area skateboarders do tricks on fixed gears.

it may be a dumb backwards circle, but MASH is like BAN THIS or some groundbreaking skateboard shit from back in teh day, and that's why it's exciting, because this is the beginning. I dunno, it's also funner than skateboarding alot of the time.

38% of all statistics are made up. I think it would be more likely that a person who does BMX or skate would say 'this isnt quite as difficult, fun, or exciting as my tail spin over park bench'.

I understand where you're coming from though, and get what you're saying about being on the ground floor. But I still get a kick out of it.

no doubt, watching fixed gear tricks on youtube is boring as hell, usually edited with THE worst music. mash is a good mix though, and macafarma should be decent. but skate flatland (and bmx flatland for that matter) is stupid boring as well. fixed gear stuff off bumps, ditches, etc is rather interesting though...