Bicyclettes

canice

Eh, have I come to the wrong place? We're on Superfuture and we're trying to stop a fella blowing cash on goods!? How can you live your life not having nice things because you're worried about some tea leaf scum bag? Do it, but protect it. If you're gonna spend $2k then spend 10% on chains and locks, not just a crappy U-lock.

Or could you look into whether your college has secure bike parking, ideally inside? I have a $8k bike, so I won't consider working anywhere they didn't allow me to lock that shit up in a CCTV covered secure location. But I would never think about not riding it, or once regret buying it because some git might want to pinch it.

who gives a fuck if you're "hip" enough to ride something. ride something because you like it, it fits your needs and your riding style. you're not going to need the gearing of a road bike in the city necessarily, so a cheaper singlespeed is totally practical. half the time up here it has nothing to do with KeWlznEss, but with people wanting a low maintenance bike that's good for city riding.

i'm just saying, a $2000 road bike will attract the eyes of thieves, especially around the NYU and union square areas, which are two of the highest bike theft areas in the city.

i'm not sure if it makes sense, but anything new, flashy looking, saying BIANCHI or some other popular brand on it is going to pop out way faster to people stealing shit that don't know any better. even just having a straight black bike makes a hell of a difference. if you go for one of those bikes, i would be locking it up with a chain through both wheels/frame with the front removed and maybe even another U from the frame to the obstacle. bianchi pistas are probably the #1 stolen bike in the city. they will always have a high resell and they're everywhere. with these the thieves just see bianchi and jack it. i bet 90% don't know what they're stealing.

i'm not saying don't buy it. if you like it and are going to ride it, go for it, but just make sure you take the proper steps to making sure your bike is still there when you get out of class and never lock it up outdoors overnight, especially in the area you'll be in most.

Eh, have I come to the wrong place? We're on Superfuture and we're trying to stop a fella blowing cash on goods!? How can you live your life not having nice things because you're worried about some tea leaf scum bag? Do it, but protect it. If you're gonna spend $2k then spend 10% on chains and locks, not just a crappy U-lock.

Or could you look into whether your college has secure bike parking, ideally inside? I have a $8k bike, so I won't consider working anywhere they didn't allow me to lock that shit up in a CCTV covered secure location. But I would never think about not riding it, or once regret buying it because some git might want to pinch it.

i don't know who needs an $8k bike that isn't racing it competitively or using it as a show bike or some serious vintage or custom steez as a sunday roller. in either case, i don't see why you'd ever need to lock it up if you were riding it for what it's for. but then again, maybe you have money to blow and just don't give a fuck, which is a whole different story.

locations with secure bike parking in NYC are few and far between and are usually at luxury apartments and scarce office buildings, both of which are pretty limited. NYU has bike racks on the main campus, which a security guard isn't necessarily going to be paying attention to.

Take the money and get somethin for half the cost, lol
nah man, itd be a gift, its not like i just have the dough in my pocket, otherwise thats probably what id do
who gives a fuck if you're "hip" enough to ride something. ride something because you like it, it fits your needs and your riding style. you're not going to need the gearing of a road bike in the city necessarily, so a cheaper singlespeed is totally practical. half the time up here it has nothing to do with KeWlznEss, but with people wanting a low maintenance bike that's good for city riding....

the hip thing was a little jab at people with single speeds/fixes.. not being serious, because i dont like it (single speeds) because where ive lived my whole life they are a pain in the ass to ride.

and i knowwww a shiny new bike with big letters painted on it is going to attract more eyes, but im ign'ant about where/how to go about coppin the sweetest lowest key bestest citay bike out there..

maybe ill go through with the two bike idea or something.

alright. now im thinking just get a road bike, powder coat black, and if its too shitty outside, walk. whatever.

Bianchi via nirone 105, trek pilot 2.1, or giant ocr a1

all right at about $1500...

Hey guys. I'm a pretty big noob to the fixed gear bike, but have been lurking this thread pretty hard and really enjoying it! I rode fixed gear for the first time today on my brand new Motobecane messenger 64cm. I have a couple questions regarding the pedal straps and the geometry of the bike. To start off my clips or (whatever the plastic pieces which extend from the pedals are called,) feel pretty flimsy compared to the ones on my old road bike (a Raleigh Tour de France from the 1970's.) Being new to riding fixed in general, I am left to ponder whether or not the quality of these toe strap/clips would affect my riding and if so am also wondering what kind of pedal straps/clips I should invest in. I have very large feet, and am also wondering if that should be taken into account. Regardless of these little problems, today was butt loads of fun! I'm experiencing upper back pain and knuckle pain should I just raise my stem or should I get a different type of stem with a shorter extension to the bars? The bike has a flip flop hub so it contains both back and front brakes and riding with my hands in the lower part of the bars definitely puts more stress on my back. Hopefully If I decide that I feel comfortable with riding a fixed gear in the city I can just do a flip and chop and add some risers or keep a front brake.

Hey guys. I'm a pretty big noob to the fixed gear bike, but have been lurking this thread pretty hard and really enjoying it! I rode fixed gear for the first time today on my brand new Motobecane messenger 64cm. I have a couple questions regarding the pedal straps and the geometry of the bike. To start off my clips or (whatever the plastic pieces which extend from the pedals are called,) feel pretty flimsy compared to the ones on my old road bike (a Raleigh Tour de France from the 1970's.) Being new to riding fixed in general, I am left to ponder whether or not the quality of these toe strap/clips would affect my riding and if so am also wondering what kind of pedal straps/clips I should invest in. I have very large feet, and am also wondering if that should be taken into account. Regardless of these little problems, today was butt loads of fun! I'm experiencing upper back pain and knuckle pain should I just raise my stem or should I get a different type of stem with a shorter extension to the bars? The bike has a flip flop hub so it contains both back and front brakes and riding with my hands in the lower part of the bars definitely puts more stress on my back. Hopefully If I decide that I feel comfortable with riding a fixed gear in the city I can just do a flip and chop and add some risers or keep a front brake.

as far as pedals + clips go, mks sylvan + metal clips are good, as well as the mks gr-9s..

i saw it and was immediately 'oh no!' about the beastness of it all.

working for nike and having that many shoes is another story, especially since you guys aren't allowed to sell them. my friend that has worked for them in LA and Portland says she has to take a trunkload of kicks to goodwill or just give them away to friends so she could have room in her closet.

haha the beuty of the internet is assumption, as for the kicks not being able to sell them is a burden, i often give away alot to friends and family, its my job for a reason though i have an appreciation for footwear you know hence why i keep the nice ones...

for thos eintrested the vivalo was super cheap thanks to them loosing there njs certification