Bicyclettes

canice

Ay! I got a question about the geo of my bike. I've been playing with raising and lowering the saddle because of hand pain (mostly in the knuckles, it feels like I'm getting arthritis). When I sit with my back erect with my arms straight forward i can barely grasp the bars with my fingers. Should I get a stem with a shorter body? My stem is raised as high as possible. The only problem I might have with that is skid stopping. When I don't have my hands in the suicides my bodies force kinda smooshes my hands in between the bars and my stomach when leaning to skid, is this something that can be avoided? Also I sometimes feel like my bum is hanging off of the end of the saddle too much. I'm 6'6 with a 36' inseam, and I ride a 64 cm frame. Is it possible that the top tube length is too short compared to the length of my femurs? When I raise the saddle my bum starts to hurt, when I lower it my knee caps start hurting.

Have you tried playing with your seat angle? I know when the angle wasnt right for me I felt alot of pressure on my hands and I would feel fatigued in my arms. However, when I adjusted the seat angle it took alot of pressure off my pressure. Also, if you are feeling stretched, maybe look into pushing your seat forward or backwards. Another thing too would be stem length.

Have you tried playing with your seat angle? I know when the angle wasnt right for me I felt alot of pressure on my hands and I would feel fatigued in my arms. However, when I adjusted the seat angle it took alot of pressure off my pressure. Also, if you are feeling stretched, maybe look into pushing your seat forward or backwards. Another thing too would be stem length.

I'll have to try playing with the seat angle, and thank you!

Ay! I got a question about the geo of my bike. I've been playing with raising and lowering the saddle because of hand pain (mostly in the knuckles, it feels like I'm getting arthritis). When I sit with my back erect with my arms straight forward i can barely grasp the bars with my fingers. Should I get a stem with a shorter body? My stem is raised as high as possible. The only problem I might have with that is skid stopping. When I don't have my hands in the suicides my bodies force kinda smooshes my hands in between the bars and my stomach when leaning to skid, is this something that can be avoided? Also I sometimes feel like my bum is hanging off of the end of the saddle too much. I'm 6'6 with a 36' inseam, and I ride a 64 cm frame. Is it possible that the top tube length is too short compared to the length of my femurs? When I raise the saddle my bum starts to hurt, when I lower it my knee caps start hurting.

Hang on here. You can barely touch the bars with your fingers when sat on the saddle. I'd say thats a surefire sign that either the top tube length is too much or the stem is too long. Obviously the stem length is the easiest part to swop out, so I'd start there. Could also pull the saddle forward. There's loads of scientific stuff on fit but I'd start with finding a comfortable position.

And I'd suggest getting a fit which isn't dangerous or wrecking your body is considerably more important than being able to do skids. But what do I know!? ;-)

Two things.

I need some part recommendations. Need a black crankset, square taper. Considering some BMX cranks maybe, or another set of 75's, only in black, but I'd rather keep the cost down to below 100 if possible. Cranks are the only thing left to having my new frame completely murdered out. I also need a new wheelset for my Blue sparkle vivalo. My dream set would be araya super aero's with a silver high flange hub.

Part two. Buying my 2nd frame has made me more interested in learning tricks and shit since I don't have to worry about fucking up the bike as much. Is there any good resource for this? I can somewhat wheely, but very shittily and not at speed. Suggestions?

Two things.

I need some part recommendations. Need a black crankset, square taper. Considering some BMX cranks maybe, or another set of 75's, only in black, but I'd rather keep the cost down to below 100 if possible. Cranks are the only thing left to having my new frame completely murdered out. I also need a new wheelset for my Blue sparkle vivalo. My dream set would be araya super aero's with a silver high flange hub.

Part two. Buying my 2nd frame has made me more interested in learning tricks and shit since I don't have to worry about fucking up the bike as much. Is there any good resource for this? I can somewhat wheely, but very shittily and not at speed. Suggestions?

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_193&products_id=1532

ian schwartz is a messenger. im just saying that i think its stupid when dudes ride super small track bikes with chain protectors and bmx cranks and ride skate parks. you never see those guys weaving traffic, bombing hills, or at the track, or even doing long rides. going to a spot and doing tricks then going home is putting years of track cycling culture to shame. track bikes are meant to go fast not to have bmx cranks and platform pedals.

real trackbike tricks

MiE1Qm7HSd8

just my 2 cents.

and so-so look at bulletproof cranks.

that debate is already useless - just as boring as complaining about how they shouldn't be ridden off the track. the many sects of tarckbiking are all blowing up and are falling into their own and its a lot of fun to watch it develop and get reinterpreted by different people.