Bicyclettes

canice

^gonz has been working on actually barrel rolling the entire bike under him. shits nuts

scotty cramner had those a few years back when he was like, 16 or something. a bunch of people have em dialed now.

oh...morgan wade did like... a barrel roll handplant over a hitching post too, this is all like 2006.

edit: barrel roll vid:

wWl6gpHKYNo&NR=1

morgan wade (at the end):

6AHFduCZRk4&feature=related

Hang on here. You can barely touch the bars with your fingers when sat on the saddle. I'd say thats a surefire sign that either the top tube length is too much or the stem is too long. Obviously the stem length is the easiest part to swop out, so I'd start there. Could also pull the saddle forward. There's loads of scientific stuff on fit but I'd start with finding a comfortable position.

And I'd suggest getting a fit which isn't dangerous or wrecking your body is considerably more important than being able to do skids. But what do I know!? ;-)

When in the "french" style seating position my hands barely reach the bars, the bars seem a little to low and are too far from the saddle. how ever when crouched down it fits but it is not as comfortable as it should be. I feel like my legs are disproportionate to the rest of my body (legs being longer.) I feel like there should be more visibility and range for my neck to see ahead when in the suicides. I'll have to special order a stem or something. Any recommendations on brands?

Finally got my bars cut down and got grips on them.

img0135bi9.jpg

Polish pursuit frame

Grand Compe wheelset

sugino75 cranks to dura ace chainring

EAI cog (gooold track nuts)

mks pedals w/ mtb clips and 2 straps

fake saddle w/ gifted seatpost

bianchi stem bought used

Carbon fork, suprisingly solid and not flexy though. Keo was riding this around for a bit the other day at a party and he commented on it being solid too.

Still, a carbon fork makes me kinda nervous.

Gotta lower the seat a bit too.

quick question while we're talking about tricks:

any protips on how to skid into a hockey stop? I can't seem to figure it out. I can do all the normal skids but whenever it seems i need to turn my front wheel i get all squirrely

BMX cranks on track bike scan be fun, but I dont' recommend it. Just rode with a friend who brought out his bmx setup... the thing is such a weird beast. Note that it's usually used for playing bike polo and nothing serious (although he recently did a 20 mile ride with us)

2530182530_abe53cce55.jpg

The cranks are basically attached with one bolt and for the amount of torque/force you put on them with skidding-- well he's basically stripped the bolt and anytime we were sitting around eating/drinking he would have to whip out a tool to try and retighten it. He's got a new bolt and is using some red-loctite, but as a semi permanent thing I wouldn't recommend it. He's not even skidding (his ratio is like 30-20 or something ridiculous like that) and it still puts a lot of wear/tear on the cranks.

And yes those are candy covered grips. And yes the bike is called real talk. and Yes that is a Spingery downhill mtb 26" wheel. And yes those are platform pedals.

Also another guy in CA and now Oakland who used to ride clipless pedals with sneakers. Guy was on another level though. He could skid (not Jamaican) and pull a variety of other tricks no problem.

any protips on how to skid into a hockey stop? I can't seem to figure it out. I can do all the normal skids but whenever it seems i need to turn my front wheel i get all squirrely

i feel like that's going to be realllllllllly hard to do, because you'd need to skid your front wheel, plus be leaning so far over so that you don't just fall over the other way. good luck though.

lean with your shoulders the direction you want to turn and COMMITTTT.

can anyone recommend me a 29er? i'm looking for a complete, around $4-600. doesn't matter whether it's geared or SS, i'd like it to be rigid though, as i'd throw a suspension fork on it later. my first research into MTB

i really like the khs Solo One from like, 2006 with the soft tail design, but it's obviously not for sale anywhere anymore. any other suggestions?

can anyone recommend me a 29er? i'm looking for a complete, around $4-600. doesn't matter whether it's geared or SS, i'd like it to be rigid though, as i'd throw a suspension fork on it later. my first research into MTB

i really like the khs Solo One from like, 2006 with the soft tail design, but it's obviously not for sale anywhere anymore. any other suggestions?

All depends on how much you want to spend.

http://www.sagecycles.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK06RL2901

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/29r_bikes.htm

http://www.sagecycles.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK02PE2901&Category_Code=BK11&Product_Count=8

I personally like the GT Peace 29er, but the Monocog is very good as well..

yea, i love the peace, but i need a large. the 08 has disk brakes and stuff, i think i'm going to wait till the 09's come out in august and pick up something from this year cheaper.

in other news, someone wanted to see the woodgrain deep v, it's really cool lookin!

2537275914_ca75d3874b.jpg

how is that design on there? is it dipped like they do camo shotguns and that? or is it just a sticker?

gran compe really stood up to the plate with those hubs as a viable replacement to suzue pro max. really happy about that.

it's weird, when you look super up close you can tell it's a brown rim, then like, they drybrushed some dark brown paint onto it with a paintbrush i guess. it's deffinately a quality job, not a sticker at all, i was very impressed. way up close, you go "oh shit....that looks so easy to do, i see how they did it" but you step back like a foot (as you can see in the pics) and it's like fuck....wood rims! haha

the hubs are super super nice to hold, much more solid feeling than formulas. i'm really excited to get it built up.

i'm thinking bronze or gold nipples for the back rim, but i'm not sure. any thoughts on whether it'll be overkill? i think it would almost look classy with the wood, laced with silver spokes to a silver hub

The Gary fisher HiFis are supposedly very good. May I ask why you want a 29er? Im not questioning it, just curious.

i dunno, i'm a big kid so i just figured 29er...why not? I won't be riding it in crazy downhill trails, just XC type stuff in 2 or 3 years. I'd just love to get a nice complete as a platform now, and spend some time building up quality components while still being able to ride it, untill i move out of the city (after school) and find some nice mellow trails to cruise down.

i might possibly take it overseas as well, i'd love to do some sort of italian bike tour after school

lol @ bloom... creative!

funny though imagine ppl choking on floating spores xD hmm crazy allergic reactions or wat..