Bicyclettes

canice

Did I really just see a video of guys riding their fucking fixies at the Banks?

I'm also mad at that.

chingon- That huf bike you posted above is clean.

zelah- How much they chargin' for frames?

1250 is the base price for frame/fork. he told me the normal turn around time is about 3 months.

1250 is the base price for frame/fork. he told me the normal turn around time is about 3 months.

Thanks man. Still definitely out of my price range but it's one nice looking frame.

That video reminds me that I need to learn how to skateboard.

Word. I've been skateboarding ever since I was a kid, on and off but I still suck. Now I mostly just longboard and cruise...

there was a whole trick/trackstand/skid competition at battle of the banks like a month ago preceding the mash premiere in nyc...

does anyone know of the quality of salsa threadless stems? i need an all-black threadless stem that's got a NOT 31.8mm clamp and pretty much salsa is all i can find. i know compared to other manufacturers their stuff is on the cheaper end, but is their quality significantly less? should i get http://www.thebikebiz.com/product_p/cmp-stem-salsa04.htm this?

you can try ebay:

click here

Word. I've been skateboarding ever since I was a kid, on and off but I still suck. Now I mostly just longboard and cruise...

I BMX'ed as a kid, I was really into it. Entered local competitions and what not, then they closed the only decent place by my house (the Ecke YMCA jumps) and I moved on to doing nothing at all.

2.jpg

3.jpg

That park was fucking amazing. Immaculately maintained and structured. Purportedly Tony Hawk, who used to ride at the skatepark there all the time got the place shut down to build a better skate park, but I met his mom a couple of times and I bitched about it and she disagreed. But I mean, she would. Motherfucker.

Figure I'll give skateboarding a shot.

i don't know tony hawk personally, but that doesn't really sound like something he would do. from what I've read and heard he is an all around benevolent person and definitely not out to gobble up money. not to mention he, and all vert/park skaters have a strong tie to ymca's, so I think it would be weird to go out of his way to shut one down. i don't know, could be true though...

i don't know tony hawk personally, but that doesn't really sound like something he would do. from what I've read and heard he is an all around benevolent person and definitely not out to gobble up money. not to mention he, and all vert/park skaters have a strong tie to ymca's, so I think it would be weird to go out of his way to shut one down. i don't know, could be true though...

The YMCA had a skatepark and and the dirt jumps, but the latter took up more space and made considerably less money. They tore down the jumps and moved the skatepark over and, in doing so, expanded the vert section. Tony Hawk being responsible was simply anecdotal evidence and likely a scapegoat more than anything else.

We were close to friends of "the Hawks" and it didn't sound like something he would do to me, either, but I like to blame him regardless.

haha i used to hate sheckler cuz he was stealing all the sponsors i wanted :[

back to bikes?

where'd dave mirra disappear to?

oh yeah i saw that clip on tv a short while back, but he doesn't compete anymore right?

he's just trying to like innovate new shit n stuff.. which is cool too.

first time i saw a 360 backflip i was like wahh :eek: and stood up. haha i think it was ryan nyquist at like the 05 or 06 xgames dirt jumps.. maybe earlier?

aydo1

I kno those type of people in SF. Same happened to me wen a lady stepped out right infront of me, and I had to go to the left of her, into the cable car tracks... Those people dont give a damn for a rider.

Same happened to my homie, cept the guy was like deer and my friend crashed right into him.

Im just gonna dip a shoulder next time something like that happens in SF. Fuck those people.

there was a whole trick/trackstand/skid competition at battle of the banks like a month ago preceding the mash premiere in nyc...

does anyone know of the quality of salsa threadless stems? i need an all-black threadless stem that's got a NOT 31.8mm clamp and pretty much salsa is all i can find. i know compared to other manufacturers their stuff is on the cheaper end, but is their quality significantly less? should i get http://www.thebikebiz.com/product_p/cmp-stem-salsa04.htm this?

there are a lot of all black threadless stems out there in 25.4

-oval concepts

-fsa

-thomson (for the loot)

and a lot more - the only reason i know is b/c i've been lookin for one too, my problem is that i want a 50 or 60 mm length and they're hard to come by

oh yeah i saw that clip on tv a short while back, but he doesn't compete anymore right?

he's just trying to like innovate new shit n stuff.. which is cool too.

first time i saw a 360 backflip i was like wahh :eek: and stood up. haha i think it was ryan nyquist at like the 05 or 06 xgames dirt jumps.. maybe earlier?

The first 360 flip was Zach Shaw way back in 1993.

flip360.jpg

i just ride platform pedals with nothing else. not even brakes.

I believe this is a prime example of natural selection. You should juggle knives while going downhill. The dramatic effect would increase many times and the danger would pretty much be a wash. May as well go big.

Anyway, I ride clipless and on the rare instance that I fall out of my pedal, I do two things: 1) start braking and 2) keep the fallen foot the fuck out of the way. When I stop, I tighten my pedal clippy thingy and reduce my slipoutability. This shit isn't rocket science people. I've only been riding fixed for about a month or two and I have never fallen down. Not once. Then again, I use a *gasp* front brake.

Quite frankly, I don't know how anyone rides fixed with cages. I am probably retarded, but unless I spent 10 seconds struggling, I cannot get into the fucking things, which leads me to have my right foot caged and my left foot loafing about on the platform side of my "shitty" SPD.

I believe this is a prime example of natural selection. You should juggle knives while going downhill. The dramatic effect would increase many times and the danger would pretty much be a wash. May as well go big.

Anyway, I ride clipless and on the rare instance that I fall out of my pedal, I do two things: 1) start braking and 2) keep the fallen foot the fuck out of the way. When I stop, I tighten my pedal clippy thingy and reduce my slipoutability. This shit isn't rocket science people. I've only been riding fixed for about a month or two and I have never fallen down. Not once. Then again, I use a *gasp* front brake.

Quite frankly, I don't know how anyone rides fixed with cages. I am probably retarded, but unless I spent 10 seconds struggling, I cannot get into the fucking things, which leads me to have my right foot caged and my left foot loafing about on the platform side of my "shitty" SPD.

well i was just kidding in the first place.

anyways, cages take a getting used to. i used to hate having to stop at stop lights before i learned to track stand or clip in easily because it always took me some time and fumbling to clip in. but you really get used to the process of kicking your foot back and kicking it into the cages that it becomes second nature.

I ride both. Clipless "problems" are usually people's laziness replacing cleats or junk pedals to begin with. The control afforded is great. It's especially nice in the winter not to have to deal with a sloppy, wet, toeclip when riding against the snow and just click in. You are going to have wet feet anyway, might as well preserve your shoes in your bag!

Knucks, I feel sad for your Moser Turbo saddle. :(

yup, my turbo is gettinb beat up...but at least it looks like i ride the damn bike