Bicyclettes

canice

my reminton is on velospace.

http://velospace.org/node/2407

DSC03459.jpg

i haven't taken more pictures ... i'm always swapping around bits here and there.

you can usually catch me up and about san francisco whenever i have time.

... and this whole "me relative to hipster bike archetype" thing is a bit trying ... just ride and have fun. bikes are personal ... just get from here and there the way you like.

it ain't "what did you wear today" ... we're not posting pics of our tire wear like they're whiskers and honeycombs.

I got a noob question for you all. Whats the upside of spending lots of money on parts? besides the obvious reason of quality, can you really tell a difference when you ride, and how so?

just curious....

My bike is slowly achieving that "sleeper" tuner status, so that's bomb.

I think in very few cases it's worth the loot. sugino 75's aren't worth the cash unless you get a deal, in my opinion. A lot of frames are over rated. What you get when you buy a nice frame is quality, a name, and possibly aesthetics. However you can easily find a much cheaper frame with almost equal quality. Some headsets (chris kings) I think are purely for aesthetics. There are cheaper headsets out there that are the same if not better. But it really is good to invest in a nice seat, wheelset/tires, chain and just a setup that won't fall apart on you. But whatever you want to buy to keep you riding is ok with me.

I moved into my apartment in san diego using solely my chrome. my car just got stolen, and i bought all my dishware and all that shit downtown at goodwill and moved it all up to my place in banker's hill on my bike. I will never forget how that teapot felt in the middle of my back.

monkey_nuts and I last night...

1913422187_e84d4125b5.jpg

I moved into my apartment in san diego using solely my chrome. my car just got stolen, and i bought all my dishware and all that shit downtown at goodwill and moved it all up to my place in banker's hill on my bike. I will never forget how that teapot felt in the middle of my back.

monkey_nuts and I last night...

1913422187_e84d4125b5.jpg

i've always wanted a white saddle but i've always feared the significant amount of blue tint it would attain within a week from my jeans...

I think in very few cases it's worth the loot. sugino 75's aren't worth the cash unless you get a deal, in my opinion. A lot of frames are over rated. What you get when you buy a nice frame is quality, a name, and possibly aesthetics. However you can easily find a much cheaper frame with almost equal quality. Some headsets (chris kings) I think are purely for aesthetics. There are cheaper headsets out there that are the same if not better. But it really is good to invest in a nice seat, wheelset/tires, chain and just a setup that won't fall apart on you. But whatever you want to buy to keep you riding is ok with me.

thanks for the response. I own a rush hour I got for 250 and have been riding that around, but I'm going to start building another starting from scratch so just thought i'd check. I talked to a messenger from SF and he was telling me how much of a difference top parts are...maybe he was just trying to justify spending 300 on a front rim...who knows.

Eh as long as it works and not too ugly,im fine with whatever haha.

Tightpantswearingassnigga.jpg

Pushin my bag to the MAX son! 20 pounds of Black Lightning gear.

That shit was tough, esp with a dick driver with a long bed truck infront of me, backing up into me and shit.

haha that looks fun.

i just picked up a chrome backbone yesterday.

soon i too will be lugging all my shit around..

can someone recommend a good, minimal-looking headlight with a clamp fat enough to fit not on my handlebars, but rather on my spacers?

I second the knogs. They come in pink, green and other colored bodies now too. i think someone posted a pic of their black bike with pink one a few pages back.

Z_225%20KNOFR6.jpg

But I i just picked up a pair of guppies for $10 and they are so much brighter than the knogs, not as pretty, or nearly as durable, but so so so bright, and they can wrap around a larger diameter.

7cdd_1.JPG

mine broke last night too, tried to do a one leg over the bar skid and -crack-

guppie-buster for sure.

the elastic broke and it fell and broke apart. I got it back together, but had to rig the elastic. still bright as fuck.

^I got mine at Freewheel on Valencia Ken.

oh ill. my homie does Black Lightning. glad to know theyre getting out over on the main.

Yea, theyre shits pretty ill. Im diggin how simple it is. Had a guy come in yesterday and pretty much get one of each, because of how refreshing their simple designs were. Which is wats needed with the streetwear today. Too bad out order got cut short with the fitteds and a few tees...

7cdd_1.JPG

These are the worst. I had these all last year, until I got hit by a car. Since I had this light, the police report favored the driver saying it wasnt BRIGHT enough or a big enough light.

Plus theyre not water resistent, so once you get a bit of water in it, its done for. Not sure how well the Frogs will hold up during the rain.

I have a lime green Frog on my tubing, and once its on, its on. It'll be a bitch to take off.

PREV - Whered you get the Rush Hour for $250?

Id buy the Rush Hour for $250...

I got it at my local flea market believe it or not, which basically means it was stolen. Dude wanted 600 for it. I laughed and offered him 250 and he took it. I was happy to say the least.

I'll probably be upgrading the handlebars very soon along with some new toe clips. Anyone know where to get some decent double strap toe clips offline?

I got it at my local flea market believe it or not, which basically means it was stolen. Dude wanted 600 for it. I laughed and offered him 250 and he took it. I was happy to say the least.

I'll probably be upgrading the handlebars very soon along with some new toe clips. Anyone know where to get some decent double strap toe clips offline?

Stolen bike? OK thennnn...have fun with it.

Dont bother with double straps...it will end up with the dude who sold u the bike.

I have a lime green Frog on my tubing, and once its on, its on. It'll be a bitch to take off.

how do you change the battery then? :|

and do the knogs come in the same colored light? or can it change colors? uhhhh...

how much was it at freewheel, jan?

^I got mine at Freewheel on Valencia Ken.

Yea, theyre shits pretty ill. Im diggin how simple it is. Had a guy come in yesterday and pretty much get one of each, because of how refreshing their simple designs were. Which is wats needed with the streetwear today. Too bad out order got cut short with the fitteds and a few tees...

7cdd_1.JPG

These are the worst. I had these all last year, until I got hit by a car. Since I had this light, the police report favored the driver saying it wasnt BRIGHT enough or a big enough light.

Plus theyre not water resistent, so once you get a bit of water in it, its done for. Not sure how well the Frogs will hold up during the rain.

Seriously, I saw these for $20 for a pair at REI when the rest of the lights were way more expensive, and saw how bright they were, and gladly spent more on a set of cateyes.

Ride without a brake or a helmet if you want, how safe that is is up to you, but with lights you're affecting how well other people can see you, so it's definitely worth it to get something better than these.

Hell, I think this one (the one I got) actually looks pretty cool if you orient it vertically, so it's not like you're sacrificing style points here.

http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/267