Bicyclettes

canice

See, I always thought it looked dumb with just machined up front. To me, it just doesn't flow having one machined and one not. Maybe you should just get silver wheels. ;)

Get black rims at the rear and black/CARBON fibre rims at the front..so u sitll can use brake on carbon without machined sidewall. But very expensive........

Guys I need help..

I'm looking to start on a new project, but in my area it's really hard to find vintage frames. I need a 50 or 51cm....Something nicer than my Schwinn World Sport frame..

Can someone lend a hand? I don't want to spend more than $150 on the frame.

^ yup a while back i found a vintage fuji frame, picked up for $115 shipped cleaned it up, put my old bikesdirect fixed gear wheels onto it, bought new chain..

sold for 300 :]

but before i sold it i rode it awhile to make sure it was a smooth ride and nothing wrong etc.

after a few weeks, still solid ride, sweet conversion all that stuff.

Guys I need help..

I'm looking to start on a new project, but in my area it's really hard to find vintage frames. I need a 50 or 51cm....Something nicer than my Schwinn World Sport frame..

Can someone lend a hand? I don't want to spend more than $150 on the frame.

Why not get a MTB and turn it fixed...and ride it off road. How much fun would that be???

OMG I'M GOING TO DO THAT, TOO.

Hahahaaa I am currently building a MTB wheels ...both using front hubs with disc brake holder

but the rear gonna be respaced and flip to drive side. And screwing a cog matchs the screw pattern..(custom made cogs for $20 aussie). Now a crazy fixed MTB.

See, I always thought it looked dumb with just machined up front. To me, it just doesn't flow having one machined and one not. Maybe you should just get silver wheels. ;)

I had the same problem and bc i needed wheels asap i just got two machined, with all black tires the silver strip looks nice

I do live in the city, there just isn't much for sale round here. I even made a craigslist wanted post, but so far nothing...eBay is pretty shitty right now for 50 or 51cm frames. All the hipster wannabes are grabbing any and all frames w/ horizontal dropouts.

I do live in the city, there just isn't much for sale round here. I even made a craigslist wanted post, but so far nothing...eBay is pretty shitty right now for 50 or 51cm frames. All the hipster wannabes are grabbing any and all frames w/ horizontal dropouts.

i think the connotation would be the same if you used just 'hipster' instead of 'hipster wannabes'

Oven cleaner would do... it also removes anodizing though so... your rims migh tend up really shiny, but have nothing to protect them from scratches (so spray them with clear coat or something after).

and for what I was going to post,

Any Fixed gear riders or just knowledgable riders in Vancouver Canada willing to reccomend me a few bike shops to go to on my trip there in hopes of getting the rest of what I need for my bike to be done!...

The list

-Some threadless stem that doesn't look like a pile of shit (thinking Thomson or Nitto)

-Cranks... (I've recently heard the Sugino Messengers suck and they were my first option, courier I know has broken 3 sets so far but I am not sure if that was Messenger Zens or Messengers, the bolt spacing is probably not worth the hassle.. I just really don't want a 3 ring crank when I am only going to use 1)

-Bracket.. whatever fits the crank and gives me a straight chain line

-Wheelset... It would be good to know a store that has some nice fixed gear back wheels all built and true'd aswell as a good likelyhood of getting a front wheel to match (also already made up, I'm only there for 2 days tops) but I'd also be ok with just any Weinmann/Velocity retailer that could set me up with some black sealed Formulas.

-Soma doublestraps, and straps. (because I am crazy enough to get on a fixed gear, but too surviavalist to run single straps.

I just really want to get past the bullshit here in Vic.

I talk to much, me and Diamonds are probably in Vancouver this week(end) though if someone wants to be our guide or just have 'fun' with us. I'll feed you, probably, if you put up with me in Van and keep me alive.

Any Fixed gear riders or just knowledgable riders in Vancouver Canada willing to reccomend me a few bike shops to go to on my trip there in hopes of getting the rest of what I need for my bike to be done!...

Check out Super Champion, it was opened fairly recentely. It is a fixed gear specific shop, it's located at245 Main Street. I haven't been there but there are some pics here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9268913@N08/sets/72157600542119369/

Let me know what its like if you make it.

just got a new wheelset made b/c i've had to true the weimann's that came stock three times in 5 months. your standard hipster fare - white deep vs laced to formulas, radial front, 3cross rear, EAI cog.... blah blah blah

i know it's been posted here before and i tried to look but failed - what kinds of tires do ppl recommend? thanks

anyway, has anyone seen the new khs flite 100? dark grey with all black components and a brake

super champion looks cool, but when does a bike shop care about aesthetic details. more of a "lifestyle" store than a bike shop. i hope its a good quality shop in terms of pricing and mechanic work, otherwise it is just another hipster store. did i say the shop looks awesome, though.