Bicyclettes

canice

first of all, You can use flat bars for this "balance" if you want it to be parrallel with the headtube... And you won't have to pay for the expensive stem. (which is what I think the guy in the original post was talking about.)

second of all, you sound like a jerk.

really.

Have you ever riden with flat bars? They do not feel the same as if you were to ride riser bars, especially gold Pro-Taper's like mine. Flat bars are just... flat out straight. Riser bars are a little angled towards you, totally different. Plus the shit looks better. Dicknose.

I'm tired of all you fucking assholes critiquing other peoples bikes, if you don't like it just shut the fuck up.

I've got some questions re: trackstands.

1. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TRACKSTAND?

2. Is it easier to do fixie or freewheel?

3. If I'm going freewheel, does using my rear brake help or hurt my situation?

4. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TRACKSTAND?

Now, in all seriousness, I almost have it down, but I am currently riding on the freewheel side of my...wheel, so I've been having a bitch of a time stabilizing myself. I don't really get how you rock backwards because I'm spending too much of my time overcorrecting my front wheel for all the movement.

Any help is appreciated.

Actually, I've gotten all of that advice already. I suppose if that's all there is to it, my balance just fucking sucks. How far do you crank the front wheel? When I pass a certain angle, it prevents my back wheel from being able to move, so that's right around when I fall off. Is that the point that I want to be balancing or is it while I still have play in the back wheel?

Thanks for the response.

^^ That's actually kind of the point where you want it. But really it's where ever you're comfortable, I can trackstand by just cranking it a little, or even a lot. It's just something you're gonna have to get used to. I've got a friend who is really disoriented with himself and can't balance. After about a month he got it down. I learned it fairly quick, because before track I rode road bikes then bmx's. Holla.

holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla. holla.

i want to know who e***w is... he bids on EVERYTHING on ebay... last time i listed track shit he bid on all of my stuff, but didn't win any of it.

i ride a nitto drop with bullhorns and a nitto drop with risers on another serup. why? because its the parts i had and i didn't feel like buying a new one. and it looks good.

some dude who races in sweden.

Have you ever riden with flat bars? They do not feel the same as if you were to ride riser bars, especially gold Pro-Taper's like mine. Flat bars are just... flat out straight. Riser bars are a little angled towards you, totally different. Plus the shit looks better. Dicknose.

I'm tired of all you fucking assholes critiquing other peoples bikes, if you don't like it just shut the fuck up.

haha dicknose..

like the chick in deuce bigalow..

ew.

and yup.. i've ridden flatbars for like 5 months before i stumbled upon a set of risers.. first time out with risers, pretty different feeling.. better for shure.

You can but its tough as fuck. Theres vids of dudes track standing with MTB bikes.

You gotta play with the brakes and shit.

Yeah... it's just a different feel I think... I don't know how to do a trackstand on a cycling/track bike, but I assume you have to find a sweet spot for balancing/shifting weight?

Cause I used to ride a MTB, and you have to sort of rock back n forth and use your brakes in conjunction with your movements... only really useful for offroad stuff which I only did seldomly. Kind of stupid doing that on flat land with a MTB... though riding MTB is fun cause of the suspension.

I flipped my wheel over to fixie and I completely understand everything now. It feels so much easier right now, it's ridiculous. Only problem is, I'm not used to riding fixed yet, so this will probably set me back a bit. Interesting thing is that I almost had it worked out on freewheel. If you use the back break and move your weight back and then forward as you release the brake, rinse/repeat...it kind of works. Fixed is working great though.

trackstanding is easiest learned holding something with your hand. not your dick.

I learned in my kitchen, had one hand on the corner of the fridge, and tried to figure out the balance of the bike. it was so easy once I did that.

then again, some track bikes are imposssible to track stand no-handed, my soma was one of those, the headangle was just too steep, or something was off about it. It also helps if you don't have track drops when you are going for the no-handed.

edit -- ^ holy shit expensive niceness.

track stands are called track stands because you do them at the start of sprints on the track with track bikes! whoa! you can sort of do that same thing on other bikes, but its not the same. the proper way to do them is right foot forward with your wheel to the right as you would on the track.

the best way to learn is by picking something about 10 feet away and staring at it while concentrating on the micromovements in your feet. holding onto something will only get you used to that extra support. i've found them easier with shorter gear inches since your twitches don't affect the rear wheel as much.

cmyke- Wow.

Ml- I like the trackstand concept because I do a lot of stop and go while going to and from classes and it's more interesting than putting my foot down. I know it's kind of useless, but goddamnit, it's cool. :P

I'll try to add your method in to my "training." I'm gonna get this shit figured out by the end of the week.