Bicyclettes

canice

Hey just wondering if anyone rides with clips and shoes? I was thinking about getting toshi doubles, but thought of instead of spending the $100 on straps I could put it towards some shoes as they would last longer than straps. Thoughts? If anyone has clips and shoes, what would you recommend?

Thanks

Hey just wondering if anyone rides with clips and shoes? I was thinking about getting toshi doubles, but thought of instead of spending the $100 on straps I could put it towards some shoes as they would last longer than straps. Thoughts? If anyone has clips and shoes, what would you recommend?

Thanks

and they're actually called clipless pedals

i think it would be annoying to have to carry 2 pairs of shoes around.. and when you walk you have the clickety clack like the sound of high heels in a tunnel..

for whatever and commuting and daily ride shit - i'd say clips/straps

and if you're super serious.. clipless n crap, however you feel.

YOU sir should ride clipless, but also have clips and double straps..

call it a bear trap or something. ahh tell me how it goes! haha

ohh too bad the bf toshi group buy dint work out :[ but my somas are solid.. i notice no rubber-bandy-ness.

nice! still clean heh

i think since your tubing looks aero, the chrome gives it a good look, better than it does on the round tubing of.. say the bianchis etc.

hooly shit, i just put chain tensioners on my bike... and now my chain is helllla tight...

how tight is too tight? should i have a bit of flex?

i've seriously never seen any chain this tight, basically as tense as a spoke. can't bend it even if you push down on it..

im thinkin it's way too tight or something..

hmm i was just riding it a sec outside.. seems fine, pretty smooth..

i think another factor could be that the chain is pretty much brand new.. so maybe i just need to ride through it for a bit... it'll prolly loosen up after a while right?

and they're actually called cliplessbut my somas are solid.. i notice no rubber-bandy-ness.

I am going to have to counter-point the soma remark. I have had the soma's in the past, as have a few friends of mine. I found them very stretchy and did not secure my foot well at all, and eventually ripped through, having to be replaced by super-oldschool leather ones from back in the day (think alfredo binda). with leather straps, you get what you pay for.

I have toshi singles (doubles cut in half) and they are so insanely stiff and wonderful that I would never consider anything else. go in with a friend and buy a pair, then cut them into singles and viola, singles that same price as somas. (dont' get me wrong, i like soma, but their straps suck)

good luck.

I rode with clipin pedals and shoes for a long time. They were really nice and as far as riding goes there is nothing more secure bt while not riding they were a pain in the ass. I hated always having to switch shoes and to carry an extra pair with me. double straps for sure.

you want your chain to be a little shy of really tight. like somebody said before, it should be able to move 1-2 cms. if it is too tight the friction will cause you to lose momentum and wear out your chain faster.

Also I have been riding with soma doubles plus double cages for about 8 months now. I Have had no problems and no stretchy feel to them. also has anybody seen the cadence doublizers? turns singles into doubles. I think that those would be nice for a supper cheap alternative to toshis even if the quality is not as good. www.cadenceclothing.net

Oh, I'm starting to think of what to ask for the holidays..I'm thinking a new wheelset, Deep V's laced to some Formulas..(or some Dura-Ace or something else vintage if I can find it).

I want a strong wheel that can take jumping off curbs (and on once I can bunny hop)

Oh, I'm starting to think of what to ask for the holidays..I'm thinking a new wheelset, Deep V's laced to some Formulas..(or some Dura-Ace or something else vintage if I can find it).

I want a strong wheel that can take jumping off curbs (and on once I can bunny hop)

DEEP V/Formula good for jumping since you dont need to take care of it.

If u can find some vintage ie: 40holes now thats stiff as. My friend got one.

By the way, down in sydney you can custom made velocity deep Vs in 40 holes and PW in 40 holes....sooo i guess you could do that too.