Bicyclettes

canice

A friend of mine has/had the lance/tdf (?) one. Didn't realize they look so awesome in denim (sans the crazy tongue).

Blue, did you mean the clips break from wearing vans or the vans get destroyed when you ride w metal clips?

the vans gets destroyed

Patches are temp, you should swap tubes as soon as you can. They're prone to leaking since they're held with glue.

Been wearing chrome midtops ever since I got them last year. Someone told me they're pretty awesome as good as riding w clips gets. I respect his opinion as the cool cervelo racer guy. I like em. Prefer them over my John varvatos chucks (they suck!) and halfcabs.

as im laying on the ground

me: "FUCKING IDIOT"

her: "oh im an idiot?!"

yes, you are

I'm glad you're out there making us cyclist look good. Pure class.

cool, thanks for the responses guys. keep them coming if anyone has any other recommendations. what are those nikes?

also, does anyone use a patch kit on blown tubes? is it a temporary fix or can I patch tubes with tiny holes in them (from glass, etc) and use them long term?

tia.

patch kits with a tube of glue are definitely long term. the glue is actually a vulcanization compound and is the same way they attach the valve to the tube.

Most of my tubes have 1-3 patches on em.

I want some really powerful brakes. Currently I have Shimano BR550 brakes and I find them rather weak. Plus in wet conditions sometimes they create some vibrations which cause my fork to shake dangerously...

Suggestions? Strongest non-disc brakes?

I want some really powerful brakes. Currently I have Shimano BR550 brakes and I find them rather weak. Plus in wet conditions sometimes they create some vibrations which cause my fork to shake dangerously...

Suggestions? Strongest non-disc brakes?

You have one of the best performing canti brakes already! Sorry!

At your weight, shuddering is going to be very hard to avoid. I have found it very hard to avoid and I am 170 or so. This was covered in Velonews not too long ago (search "shuddering") and the best way to avoid it is a fork mounted cable straddle and the stiffest fork you can get.

The new Avid's are supposedly great, but the Shimano canti's are one of the stiffest brakes already. Green SwissStop or Salmon KoolStop pads will help in the wet, just keep in mind you'll use them up much quicker.

Alternatively, you might just love short arm v brakes, which work w/ regular levers. They don't have clearance for big, big tires or fenders, but strictly braking performance can be a bit stronger than cantis, once they are dialed in.

Way cool integrated handlebar/basket

www.origin-8.com/?p=314

Looking through their products, shit, I would build a whole Origin8 bike!

I have orgin8 cranks and If i knew what i was doing before I bought them I probably wouldnt have gone with them. They seem to be extremely popular among the neon/hyper colored, matching shemaugh wearing, budget bike crowd.

I have orgin8 cranks and If i knew what i was doing before I bought them I probably wouldnt have gone with them. They seem to be extremely popular among the neon/hyper colored, matching shemaugh wearing, budget bike crowd.

What's wrong with them? I have bought $50 vuelta cranks from bikeisland; for the price they did ther job but the quality is bad. I don't think the arms held the chainring perfectly in place so chain line was always bunk. I think most cranks under $120 price are all the same, just rebadged, This may even include some of sugino cranks :shrug:

Google reveals bikepartsusa has the basket for $61. Sick! Shits heavy at 1500g but running a brake with it would be cool

I don't know anything about lighting or composition, but that's a neat shot. I can imagine reaching for the lights and riding off as the sun disappears (it looks like a firestorm!) and there's a silence only interupted by water splashing. I'd like to go on a ride like that.

I don't know anything about lighting or composition, but that's a neat shot. I can imagine reaching for the lights and riding off as the sun disappears (it looks like a firestorm!) and there's a silence only interupted by water splashing. I'd like to go on a ride like that.

Stop posting while high.

just unloaded a old bike off my friend's hand. Since it is an old one I have to make sure I don't push it. Just got back from the bike shop around me and had them repair some minor annoyances.