Bicyclettes

canice

shut up nico i built ur motobecane. that bike had twice the steez as ur iro.

lulz

ur retarded. dont listen to this. ALL FIXED HUBS HAVE LEFT THREADED COGS!!!! and if they dont DONT FUCKING RIDE IT.

Huh? Riding up a hill, mashing down a hill...both tighten the cog dude.

Guest Goose25

At the moment I am riding a French mountain bike, suspension forks coil rear etc. It's a great bike and a pleasure to ride but I am looking to ride in triathlon and RAID-style competition and would like to know if anyone else has any experience with prepping a mountain bike for competitions where you are road and off-road oriented.

Also, if anyone is in France and wants to get in touch and maybe do a race PM me...

Here is my bicycle. Sorry dudes and dudettes, it's no fixie.

IMG_3737_vintage_small.jpg

I just bought a Peugeot. $85. However the replacement parts (wheelset, tires, handle bar, etc...) a bit more. I'm not hardcore into biking, but I wanted a road bike vs my current mtn bike. I'm sure it will be hated on...

the reason is the forward motion of pedaling is constant where as the reverse isnt. pedaling forward actually losens the cog and but revserse pressure tightens it.

if ur cog is right hand theaded then when u put reverse pressure on in it will losen. if this doesnt make sense to you, then go to a shop and dont fuck with you bike on your own.

You're a fucking idiot.

I just bought a Peugeot. $85. However the replacement parts (wheelset, tires, handle bar, etc...) a bit more. I'm not hardcore into biking, but I wanted a road bike vs my current mtn bike. I'm sure it will be hated on...

Mine is a 86' Peugeot, so it doesn't require french threaded parts. So NO it will not be hated on.... thank you very much.

the reason is the forward motion of pedaling is constant where as the reverse isnt. pedaling forward actually losens the cog and but revserse pressure tightens it.

if ur cog is right hand theaded then when u put reverse pressure on in it will losen. if this doesnt make sense to you, then go to a shop and dont fuck with you bike on your own.

I think you should just keep off your bike, dumbfuck.

titanium is the shit. go for it knucks, miyatas are soooolid. had a touring frame that had tight tight geo and rode so smooth.... when it was on smooth roads. for some reason miyata got it in their mind to make their touring frame out of thin tubed aluminum. felt like i was riding a vibrator after 20 or so miles.

nice peugot up there, 180 shipped is quite a good deal.

really diggin the soma corter. although i have a hard time seen how that would be one's "winter beater" but i can only guess that means you got something nicer up your sleeve for the spring weather.

and hamburglar, if you have that much faith in your stupidity, do us a favor and take off your lockring for us. then backpedal up a hill to "tighten" you own cog. or pull a "phat skid" over your handlebars and "tighten" up your cog with that backpressure.

some questions.

you guys do anything special to prevent/clean rust off? I took the long way home from the bar the other night which involved a ride on the beach. now i'm noticing some rust on the chain and a few other spots? should i really worry about this or is it just inevitable.

also,

i'm gonna be doing a triathlon in a few weeks. anyone here ever race and have any tips, this is actually gonna be my first race involving cycling and pretty anything will be helpful. I already know my bike ( fixed) is gonna look out of place.

thanks