Bicyclettes

canice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

my bike had an incorrect size seatpost (26.8 vs 27.2) and the previous owner cranked down the clamp bolt to make it fit.

any tips on expanding it?

take a flathead screwdriver, cover in electrical tape, and gently pry the seat lug open just enough for the correct sized post to fit.  be sure you're not trying to force a 27.2 into a 27.0.

this method, while crude, worked fine on one of my NJS frames.

9qcyp8woksycayd6g.jpg

One of mine

1Tl9YIh.jpg

Also just got a Pugsley Ops and built up a Velo Orange Campeur

Haha, you bought a Surly fatbike too? Really didn't have the budget, room or was planning on doing it, but I picked up a Surly ICT Ops as well. 

• 3 months later...

Finally close to buying my first road bike. Looking at a few options on craigslist and also an allez on eBay. Don't think I'll every want to race or anything and just want something I can ride pretty casually then build up to longer rides. Do these look decent?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bik/5522028440.html

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bik/5564313831.html

Know I'll also want to get shoes and pedals.  Anything else I should look for/know? A few years ago I was riding a fixed gear non-stop and doing a lot of rides around 40-50 miles so know a small amount about basic maintenance and such

Finally close to buying my first road bike. Looking at a few options on craigslist and also an allez on eBay. Don't think I'll every want to race or anything and just want something I can ride pretty casually then build up to longer rides. Do these look decent?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bik/5522028440.html

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bik/5564313831.html

Know I'll also want to get shoes and pedals.  Anything else I should look for/know? A few years ago I was riding a fixed gear non-stop and doing a lot of rides around 40-50 miles so know a small amount about basic maintenance and such

How tall are you? Because those bikes are two different sizes.

oof, thought the caad was a 56 for some reason. I'm about 5'10"

'

Personally I think a size 56 would be way too big for you. I think a 54 would fit you perfect. A 56 would be too long and tall, and you would have to ride with a short stem and almost no drop.

10 years after the fixed gear fad became a thing and I still sorta want a hed 3

They're still for sale on craigslist and ebay for 300 bucks if you really want one, but I always thought they looked kinda dumb with the typical Deep V rear or anything not another Hed 3/Disc.

• 4 months later...

EZuxuWU.jpg

My commuter bike got stolen, so I built this up out of craigslist/ebay finds. Yes, I know it's a relabled Collossi. Seat tube is a little bigger than I normally like, but the top tube length is right on.

Cheap H+Son wheels, Chinese frame (I named it Jin Ling because made in Shenzen), Nitto cockpit, Suntour Superbe cranks, old Dura Ace pedals, Selle Italia saddle.

Stiff enough to cat 6 race the new fixie kids on Throne/17Teeth/Aventon junk.

Edited by exhaust fumes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...