Bicyclettes

canice

I am yet to ride on this wheel.

I have used some similar to this build and found it a lot softer to ride on in the city.

Yet to try it at speed, will give it a good test over the next few weeks.

What are you thoughts on this kind of build?

anyone have an opinion on sks raceblade fenders?

Yeah, back one works okay at keeping your butt dry, front is pretty much useless.

Nowhere near as good as full fenders, not even close. Planet bike makes a pair of full, clip on fenders with the same kind of attachment that works AWESOME.

I have a pair, and they actually will keep you dry.

You get used to being a bit sweaty all the time, plus you can just go extra slow if you have to be somewhere important and not sweaty.

Definitely worth it to not drive all the time though.

Extra shirt at least is key.

m1sterko - if you can wait a couple of months you should get the kilo tt pro when it comes out, better wheelset, better cranks, better tubing, for an amazing price.

Does anyone know if there is any functional difference between a regular backpack and a messenger bag? I have been looking at the black bag for a long time, because hauling groceries in a backpack is so awkward, but I don't know if it will even make a difference.

Yeah, messenger backpacks can carry a lot more weight a with a lot better stability. Back is padded, and you won't be uncomfortable with bulk at all.

Downside (psychological) is that you'll physically be able to carry enough weight to really put a lot of strain on your back as you're riding!

Racks and baskets are a better option for most, though most people avoid them. A big sturdy $25 Wald basket and you don't have to carry your bag anymore, which is sweet!

someone just offered me the bianchi frame for 200 (i might be able to haggle for less)

if i want to build up a bike ASAP and upgrade parts from there how much more would i need for the necessary equipment?

frame and fork?

wheelsets range from 150-250 for ridable ones

cranksets like 100-200 for mediocre ones as well

stem+headset like 100 if lucky

seatpost+saddle like 100-150

all based off mediocre parts, but nonetheless will run fine

frame and fork?

wheelsets range from 150-250 for ridable ones

cranksets like 100-200 for mediocre ones as well

stem+headset like 100 if lucky

seatpost+saddle like 100-150

all based off mediocre parts, but nonetheless will run fine

you can get a formula to deep v set for like $150 shipped on ebay. these wheelsets are solid as fuck. they're not smooth ass campy, but you're not riding on the track either.

you can find a slightly used and sometimes new sugino 75's for around $150-200. definitely one of the best cranks around.

you can find a thomson stem for about $40-50 or a nitto steel used if you're threaded for about $75 (aluminum even cheaper). these are some of the best on the market.

most loose ball headsets are comparable in quality and you can nab one for under $30 used or even some new ones (although maybe not so attractive cosmetically) will cost around there.

regardless of what anyone tells you, as long as your seatpost has a decent clamp that doesn't slip, you can ride on something cheap as balls ($5 or for a beer) and it won't matter. saddles range from $10, but if you want to get some vintage shit, people will happily rape you for $100 up to $200, but you don't need that. i typically find concors and regals for around $50.

with that, i feel your estimate for "mediocre" parts can drop a few hundo. if you pay attention on craigslist and forums, all can be had even cheaper.

how much does the regal go for, my local shop that i get my parts from is charging 90-100. good buy or bad buy.

by the way, random question. if you can get any item (ANY ITEM) for 35% off, what would you get? my local shop is doing a one item sale for 35%. i'm looking for a nice headset or crankz

anyone have specs on this kilo tt pro? are the parts really going to be any better?

It comes with a front brake, sugino cranks, alex rims, and frames made out of some other material.

Think it's going to be 450?