Bicyclettes

canice

just ordered the kilo tt from bikesdirect.

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT! can't remember the last time i was this excited over a purchase.

ahhhh, just got my 53 black in the mail yesterday. the thing is SWEET. my intro to the whole biking world, so i'm pretty satisfied.

I love mine as well.

Can't ride it enough. :)

actually

8. Does having a tire inflated matter?

This is really a theoretical question, because no one rides without inflated tires. But I measured a few wheels with tires inflated and compared them to the deflection when completely deflated. An inflated tire increases stiffness by about 5 to 8% compared to a wheel with the tire deflated. But this effect is negligible compared to the effects of tire inflation pressure on other variables. Don't choose higer pressures to get stiffer wheels! Choose tire pressure for other reasons (comfort, traction, avoiding pinch flats and rim damage, rolling resistance, etc.)

I understand that it isnt necessary to do so. i like the high pressure, and i dont mind the stiff ride.

i never said bike stiffness. all i said was my front wheel was at 180psi and its stiff which i dont mind.

and they way it was explained to me by my boss is that after 140psi the % of stiffness form the tire grows exponentially (from like +1 up to +5)... or something. he had some equation. i was watching mash play on loop in the front.

Tyres pressure will affect the handling of the bike by stiff up the side wall hence less flex in corners. but It does not stiff up the bike itself, merely the tyres only. This is car talk not bike..oh well same theory I believe.

Lower profile tyres will have stiffer side-wall so if u want stiffer tyres..go for lower profile.

take it to a shop and get it cut so you only need 1 or 2 spacers...

i've never really went to a bike shop for "fittings" but are they cool with setting up and getting you properly fitted for bikes? (any idea how much it'll cost me to do all this)

i've never really went to a bike shop for "fittings" but are they cool with setting up and getting you properly fitted for bikes? (any idea how much it'll cost me to do all this)

properly fitted and cutting your steerer tube are two very different things.

getting your bike fit to you is usually pretty expensive. a road setup could cost you like $200-250. cutting a steer tube to fit your stem is about $15-20.

i think what i meant is getting the bike set up(since the bike is like 90% set up already). sorry im bike noob to the maxx

go buy an allen key set ($7), 15mm wrench ($8), tire levers ($2), phil grease ($6), dura ace lock ring ($8), 1/8" chian whip ($20), hozan lock ring wrench ($30), and rim velox rim tape ($8). being able to put it together and understand how to fix it yourself, priceless.

after you ride it a bit, you'll eventually need to tighten your cranks a bit more on teh spindle, tighten your cog and lock ring in case any play developed, and will eventually need to service the rest of the bike. keep your BB threads, seatpost, stem (everything BUT the wedge.. DO NOT grease the wedge), and pedal threads greased to avoid water in the frame and stuck parts.

i think what i meant is getting the bike set up(since the bike is like 90% set up already). sorry im bike noob to the maxx

I was a complete bike noob too, and still kinda am, but its REALLY simple to set up. It's just involves putting on a couple parts that are pretty obvious where they go and how they go on on the bike. I was anxious about putting it together myself, but I now feel much more comfortable swapping out parts and doing maintenance on my own.

the $200-250 i was referring to was a bike fit where they'll measure you and adjust your bike with you there to make it perfect for your body.

but yes, with a very small amount of research online you can learn how to repair and service your bike really easily.