FOUND from Cone Denim

pacioli

Thanks so much pacoli. It is a great story about denim, this guy was truely lucky to find such a gem and then talk to the right people before he made the lot into handicrafts.

Some of the colour falling is truely incredible on those jeans. The one thing I love is the honestly behind the fades. The sun bleaching on some of those shirts is just something that you can't fake. The scream truth about those farmer's lives.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the story about the bloke who found em wanting to make bags out of em was pretty sweet and romantic, for me im pretty glad cone mills got em, making bags out of antique jeans would have been sacrilage, just my opinion.

The reproductions of the nuances of hue and colour are amazing, its like a laminate print over the paper.

The jacket at the back is truely sick, id love to own a jacket like that with fades all up the arms.

The little note and the cone mills sticker round the brown bag is a nice touch.

Thanks Pacoili!

I totally aggree with you about that jacket.

it blew my mind when I looked at it. I cant even imagine what was going on in order for the wearer of that to get those kind of fades.

I think i looked at that jacket for a good 2 minutes straight the moment I turned the page.

Actually, it can be faked. I did it with several sweatshirts. Just put them over the back of your car seat for a whole summer and by winter...voila, very interesting sunbleaching. I guess it is not technically faking it though because it is done by the sun and it does take all summer (in Texas).

I totally aggree with you about that jacket.

it blew my mind when I looked at it. I cant even imagine what was going on in order for the wearer of that to get those kind of fades.

I think i looked at that jacket for a good 2 minutes straight the moment I turned the page.

That jacket was insane!!! When I turned the page to it both my wife and I gasped. I just stared at it. It was so beautiful. I began to wonder if the sleeves were really long for the guy that wore it and he had like supper stacked sleeves?

Hey guys, hope you've had a great Thanksgiving (USA folks). Sorry for the non-reply but been ultra busy lately. For those who received a copy- Happy Holidays! And you're very welcome. Again, much thanks to the Cone team for sharing their passion for denim.

For those who signed up late- you are on a list and I will see what I can work out. I will contact you individually.

numero- there's actually quite a number of SFers who received a copy. I hope once they get their copies there will be some super enlightening discussions about vintage denim in general and cone denim in particular.

And pls don't POST scans of the book on the net...copyrights and all that jazz...hope you understand?

just wanted to give a big thanks to pacioli for taking the time to come meet me at rpm's to give me the book. the book is amazing & I really appreciate getting one.

big thanks....