samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

i spent like 20 minutes tryin to decide if I liked HJJ's super high contrast or 386's lovely dirty fade, i went with HJJ, but i strongly believe there should be 1st/2nd/3rd prizes because there are some beautiful jeans in this contest.

i second this!

i was also deciding between 386's and HJJ's, but i went for 386 because of the nice ass fade and really washed out look... and no homo please and thank you.

Nah, didn't you hear? The Warehouse contest jeans are the most overrated pair of jeans, along with the samurai USA edition.

The denim is nice but not better(and of course not worse) than that of other Japanese jeans in the price range.

The hype here is almost completely uncalled for.

The same goes for the Warehouse jeans, they are nice but the hype is a joke.

Overhyped, not overrated.

Doesnt mean the same thing in my book...

Nah, didn't you hear? The Warehouse contest jeans are the most overrated pair of jeans, along with the samurai USA edition.

Like David already pointed out you're, meaningly, misinterpreting.

I've already said they are nice jeans and I like the texture of the denim more than that of the S0500XX, I have compared, but there is no way that the actual jeans match up to the hype here. They've been launched like one of the absolute best jeans from Japan and that's not right, they're entry-level Japanese jeans equivalent to sc1947, denime 66 etc.

They are plain good jeans, not the best jeans.

Feels a bit like Uniqlo all over again in the way that people are spewing unjustified superlatives over the jeans, both the warehouses and the Samurai USA model.

Thanks for brining up the topic again, I think you know how much people like to hear me say what I think.

My living style is that of someone who goes to school full time, works part time and rides the subway instead of a bike.

Not much hard wear.

I wish adsurgo would have posted earlier I would have voted for him.

Like David already pointed out you're, meaningly, misinterpreting.

I've already said they are nice jeans and I like the texture of the denim more than that of the S0500XX, I have compared, but there is no way that the actual jeans match up to the hype here. They've been launched like one of the absolute best jeans from Japan and that's not right, they're entry-level Japanese jeans equivalent to sc1947, denime 66 etc.

They are plain good jeans, not the best jeans.

Feels a bit like Uniqlo all over again in the way that people are spewing unjustified superlatives over the jeans, both the warehouses and the Samurai USA model.

Thanks for brining up the topic again, I think you know how much people like to hear me say what I think.

My living style is that of someone who goes to school full time, works part time and rides the subway instead of a bike.

Not much hard wear.

I was just kidding. I tend to agree the denim is not phenomenol on the 660, but for the price and the competition it felt like a good buy for me. The jeans definitely don't match up to the hype. But hype is what you get when everybody beasts over a pair of jeans.

Does everybody agree that the rules were clear - and pictures had to be posted untill November 15th ?

Please - post a short yes or no - so that we can go on knowing that whoever is still trying to post is not in the final poll....even if they get votes - these won't matter...

I would have assumed that people could still submit pictures, but they would know that they are at a disadvantage due to the fact that the poll had already opened and people had already voted. Adsurgo lost a vote by me, cuz I would have voted for him.

And - this is the first post on the winners poll

Samurai contest winner poll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 1st 2006 - October 31st 2007

This thread is open for all the participants - in order to upload their final pics.

Pics must be posted before November 15th

Minimum of 2 pictures - maximum of whatever

Please make sure to post at least 1 back and 1 front shot...and all the details that you want...

No comments are allowed in this thread - just look at the pics.

Voting poll will be open for 2 weeks, November 15th - November 30th

Does everybody agree that the rules were clear - and pictures had to be posted untill November 15th ?

Please - post a short yes or no - so that we can go on knowing that whoever is still trying to post is not in the final poll....even if they get votes - these won't matter...

Yes, i agree.