samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

all those who hasn't... check out 386's jeans in the poll thread...

thats godlike fading right there... that can only be achieved with a sandblaster..

intense..

ive seen three seperate pairs of the contest jeans being worn and they all had such different fades to them and looked good. poly's in person have more blue to them...but not much, they really look like good vintage levis now. adsurgo's look very good as well he went with less washes so ive def. seen both ways to go with these sammies in person and both results have been very good, hard to capture with a picture though.

Guest jeffvyain

actually, let me reiterate that... 386 came out with the best fade i've seen PERIOD since tony hige's sorahiko's, which are the ultimate pair of jeans, in my opinion

Guest jeffvyain

If he could wear a pair that held color a little bit more, we'd have a new ryu on our hands. I understand your opinion, and I can see what you mean. They're awfully light colored all around, but that's a sign of great wear, and it's LEGIT. You can't make a pair of jeans look like that without really putting in the time. I'm excited to see the others, but I doubt I'll see a pair that impress me more...but hey, we only got a few people showing pics yet.

How many do you all think are actually going to post them up? I'm going to go with about 15. We've only heard from a handful of people along the way.

I think 386 has probably one of the most impressives fades I've ever seen. Espcially the combs. But... I don't like washed out looking jeans. They just don't fit my style. I prefer to have some indigo.

Maybe its that dark jeans I can get away with at work because they can kind of look dressy, but light jeans would be impossible.

Lot 09 No 4 W31 L36 (unaltered)

3-5 Days a week first two months

2-3 Days a week except for June, July, and August

1-2 Days a week June and July, and August

one soak and five washes

Worn backpacking over the continental divide, climbing and canyoneering in Southern Utah, and climbing and hiking all over the Appalachians...

Although they look torn because of the effect of the flash, the rear heels are just faded and creased. Barring the really white areas, the color is pretty close to what it looks like in daylight.

One of the sturdiest pair of jeans I've ever owned, and I look forward to seeing what they look like next year around this time...

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

I can take fit pics if there is any real interest, but given how little I wore them, and the fades I've already seen, I don't expect too many kudos...