samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

well, i used to be one of those cats that was addicted to daily sufu surfing, until i realized that sitting in the plush computer chair is doing nothing for my wallet fades(:D i make funny!) actually, its Ramadaan, so ive been severely limiting my secular media exposure lately. plus i cant say anything abusive or quarelsome, especially during daylight hours. so i just respond to the banter when i get a chance. i still feed off of the hate of the ignorant, kind of like the Darkness on PS3. so let me go for now, and i must apologize for muddling up one of my favorite threads

(ps: if i spelled anything wrong, its just that ive been reading nothing but Classical Arabic for the past 18 days. english isnt on my priority list right now...)

oh yeah, i forgot to give e maze props, and to apologize to beatle for not posting the pics. i entrusted this to my little sister, and she claims she didn't figure out how to post pics...as soon as i get the method(not crystal) i promise to put them up...

you're a great guy, love your posts. just take it easy with the terrorism.

salaami are you the guy who planned the munich thingy that where you got your nickname right?? hehehe the mossad's still looking for you ill tell them your on sufu addicted to jeans hahaha... anyways nice one on those

It's October already..

Seeing that Almondcrush missed out 1 month since he was wearing the Evisu's - and hjj also started later - I would like to give these guys 4 extra weeks...

A new thread - probably Samurai contest - The winner poll - will be opened up on November 1st - and I would like everybody to post their pics in there...

Pics must be posted October 1st - 7th - 1 week should be enough..

The actual voting won't start untill December 1st - when Almond and HJJ also put their pics up...they will be putting up their pictures December 1st - 7th

This way only these 2 guys get to post their pics later - after finnishing the 12 month cycle.

I think that's the fairest way to do this....

Thanks, but I think a year is a year. I already knew I'd miss some time when I decided to get the jeans.

I think Nov 1st is great.

+1

i think the fairest way to do it is to have the comp end one year from when it started, not from one year when the last entrant started.

Emaze those are great. How did you get that yellowish hue?

farm & horse dirt, dirt, dirt, & New York City dirt...

I love these jeans but I'm ready to start wearing something else. I've been going back and forth between these and my pure blues 005's recently...

I must admit these jeans were the perfect 1year contest jeans due to the quick fading. But in reality I prefer my jeans to have a much slower fading process and retain a darker indigo look. The way my jeans look now it's as if I've been wearing them for years already...

I must admit these jeans were the perfect 1year contest jeans due to the quick fading. But in reality I prefer my jeans to have a much slower fading process and retain a darker indigo look. The way my jeans look now it's as if I've been wearing them for years already...

Agree 100%, the perfect fast fading jeans. I was looking at the rest of my beat up jeans and haven't seen a pair that's as beaten up as my samurais. All the washes have also made me lose a lot of indigo all around so that they look more like a pair from the 60's than the modern wash once every 6 months nudies..

i cannot fucking believe that i only washed my jeans 3 times in the last 11 months.

if you told me that a couple of years ago, i wouldve hung myself before trying it.

the only thing that saved me is the dryness of southern california. if i had to wear these in humidity, it's allllllllllllll over. my pants never smelled until i went to asia.

Ok, so I just spent the better part of the last 36 hours reading this entire thread from post 1. It's amazing, it's like a novel, but better and with better pictures.

Beatle: I love your jeans, the patches are awesome and unique

Emaze: Yours are one of my favorites after seeing everything in this thread. Truly beautiful.

Azn8oi: Haven't seen recent pics from you, but something about that waterfall has affected your jeans in an amazing way. I really like them. One of my favorites as well.

Cheep: This sounds gay, but I love your ass fades. Sorry, had to say it.

And to everyone else in the contest, Your jeans are awesome too, but these four just really stuck in my mind throughout the evolution of the thread.

Yeah, I'm a noob, I have very few posts, and I haven't been member for long, but I'm gettin there.

Oh My God azn8oi just brought his jeans into my shop to get repaired and they are truly an art piece. The are very amazing the hige is just so beutiful it inspirers me to try and get there some day with my Levis. I think one could really see the hard work that went into these jeans they are really amazing.

Madeline

This should be a superfuture quote... I also have hung around Azn8oi (ted) and his sammies. I have only touched them once and they were beautiful. The wear doesn't only show itself in how the indigo has faded but also how the cotton weave has smoothed out in many areas while still being slubby. I have only touched them once (or twice) but I have no pair of denim that feels or looks as good (fullcount, dior, RRL).

Now I'm not a homophobic man or anything, but it disturbs me how frequently the thought of wanting to feel his sammies comes to mind whenever we hang out.

For anyone in/near L.A. or Southern Cali, do yourself a favor and call up Ted for the privilage of hanging out with his sammies.