samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

Guest jeffvyain

those are lookin amazing, poly. glad to hear of your newfound faith in these, as i've seen what you can do to a pair of sd 103s in a short amount of time... i have the faith. from what i've seen so far, it's poly with the lead followed closely by dick danger. cheap's ass is going to rip off before the year is over, so i don't know if we'll be able to still consider them samurai jeans; hence, he will not be eligible

i was particularly talking to you thorns, cuz i know you said you hated the way these fit. They def tightened up EVERYWHERE, and it even feels like the rise is a bit lower now. it really rejumpstarted my love for these jeans.

Yeah. I've had a really weird relationship with these jeans. I love the denim and the construction. The indigo is really interesting. I've worn 'em hard everyday (frequent starching) since we started and every now and again I'll look in the mirror and like them. Normally however I end up thinking I have an oompa loompa effect. So I'm taking your advice and giving them their first wash. I'll get all the pics up tomorrow.

I guess this is the third time I've posted pics in this thread since soaking ??

I have other pics, but I just haven't logged into denimcontest.com to post them.

@ I miss Lily - I love your 0500's -- my fave by far.

@ Polyrock - I love your 0500's -- my second fave.

@ cheap - wow at your fade.

@ dirkdanger - I like your fades too

Everyone has completely different fades, I think it's interesting. I think my fades are the least crazy out of everyone. I have really clean lines that run out like a fan / \ rather than horizontal stripes on the top thigh like everyone else :( .

OH, btw, that IS holster-strap fade you will be seeing, boys and girls:p

Anyways, Day 107 pics -- fresh from the cam.

[No flash]

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

Holster abrasional friction.

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

The holster bag itself is making some interesting fade at that area..

IMG_1636.JPG

For more pics of the holster, go find me in the worst waywt thread. It's not too hard to find, I think that pic gets replicated on at least 4 or 5 pages of that thread.

AND FINALLY: 386, my login/pw doesnt work anymore. It USED to work, but not anymore (I'm sure). Please PM me about this?

Nice pictures Moz! They are so sharp!

I really want to take pictures of them under natural light, but the weathers been so crap lately. Overcast like everyday! I took a few the other day, but they were just shit. It made them look black. I tried messing with the settings, but Im really just waiting for some natural light.

However, they are still pretty unworn looking anyway. I have a lot of catching up to do!!

They're not contest jeans, but I just soaked a pair of SO500XX for the second time (this was a 2.5 hour hot soak, first time was 2 hour warm soak) and I'm much much happier with the fit, just figured I'd show you O500 crew ^^

They're still damp now so here is a quick preview picture, ignore the rest of what I'm wearing, they're just there to absorb the indigo :D

DSC01145.jpg

Whats interesting about the picture is that the shirt I'm wearing is actually black, and the jeans are indigo, but they look reversed :)

Sorry if this entire post has been completely irrelevant.

Hey everybody....

My laptop will be fixed by the end of the week - more pics coming soon...

Anyway - I´ve just realized that a lot of the contestents are missing... st199ml, yet fung, theswarm, horriblyjolly and so on - no posts so far...

Just wondering what´s up with that - maybe some guys gave up on the contest - or got lost in space....

Ive added pics for this month, but they arent too special. My jeans arent fading as fast as they initially did! I think I need to give em a hot wash soon, get the vertical fading going...

I wore them out last night, they got really smelly and I had a few people spilling drinks on me, so I think its about time for a wash. I dont know what detergent to use though... Ill go hunt for some natural stuff today...

My superdenimista in me feels its way too early though...

dunno what to doooooo!

Heres the pics I posted on the contest website:

SNC10617.jpg

SNC10616.jpg

SNC10624.jpg

SNC10629.jpg

SNC10626.jpg

Anyway - I´ve just realized that a lot of the contestents are missing... st199ml, yet fung, theswarm, horriblyjolly and so on - no posts so far...

Just wondering what´s up with that - maybe some guys gave up on the contest - or got lost in space....

Harumph, not true. There's pictures of mine on the contest website and just last week I posted about not having washed.

Mine might not win any prizes but I'm not giving up...yet.

Hey thorns any updates after the hot wash for your sammies? I'm interested cause my pair has a slight oompa loompa effect going on like you.

They fit a million times better and lost just the right amount of indigo (very little). I actually kind of like wearing them now.

what did i tell you!!!!??? hot wash makes all the difference.

any pics of wear from you yet?

Haha yeah yeah you were right, I admit it.

Here ya go... (these have one wash now)

My camera sucks, so I apologize for shitty quality

tour004-1.jpg

tour005.jpg

tour003-1.jpg

tour006.jpg

They fit a million times better and lost just the right amount of indigo (very little). I actually kind of like wearing them now.

wow thats good to know! can't wait till i wash mine......need a bit more wear before i'll wash mine.

also nice pics!