samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

yeah i was thinking that too. I find it hard to believe that all these people are truly beating the shit out of their jeans that would produce substantial fading in just two weeks. maybe i'm wrong though. They look sick, it just seems to be happening fast.

Actually, I would hardly say that I'm beating the shit out of my jeans. Yet, I have some fading already... granted not as much as people who actually do do things in their jeans other than just wearing them.

Somehow I know that I'm gonna sound like a dick typing this, but...

how come everybody refers to Beatle as a she? In all the pics I've seen Beatle looks like a guy. And besides that... Samurais are guys jeans.

I was thinking the same thing when i was looking at some of Beatle's pics....but didn't have the balls to actually post about it.

I hope Beatle doesn't get too angry. If you do i apologise in advance :).

Poly - great as well....And wtf - would u guys stop it already - Beatle´s a tough runner chick who teaches classes @ the gym - so if u were hoping 4 a sista in high heels wearing a Samurai Jeans - u´re simply foolish...now let´s move on - or I´ll post boob pics...

Just read this "..don't send me your e-mails for sign up ... Andreas is in charge of that, PM him with your e-mails" on www.denimcontest.com. Hmm, is there somthing i have missed here..? :confused:

Have to send the guy another email...all the email addresses went out like 10 days ago - don´t know what´s going on with the sign in stuff for the website...

The guy asked me to send him the email addresses of the contestents - so that he could set up the login deatils...

Have´nt heard from him since...

Always stuff to do...I`ll get back to you ...:)

Poly - great as well....And wtf - would u guys stop it already - Beatle´s a tough runner chick who teaches classes @ the gym - so if u were hoping 4 a sista in high heels wearing a Samurai Jeans - u´re simply foolish...now let´s move on - or I´ll post boob pics...

Haha, i'm rooting for ya Beatle. Cheers :)

Go gym teachers, haha

Have to send the guy another email...all the email addresses went out like 10 days ago - don´t know what´s going on with the sign in stuff for the website...

The guy asked me to send him the email addresses of the contestents - so that he could set up the login deatils...

Have´nt heard from him since...

Always stuff to do...I`ll get back to you ...:)

I think he's slow to reply because he's in Florida bringing back a plane... sorry about the delay

I'm not a contestant, but I was just reading the thread, and wanted to comment.

First of all, some nice jeans. Secondly, I've found that the thread on lots of Japanese jeans tend to bust pretty easily. Talked to Gordon at BIG about this at length, and his explanation is that authenticity does not always mean durability. A lot of the repro companies use cotton thread, which has a lot less elasticity and abrasion resistance than the coated thread used for the stitching in modern jeans. So, don't be surprised of the thread comes or busts at the crotch (especially for tighter jeans) on your expensive Japanese denim jeans. Also, really slubby jeans are going to wear more, again, especially around the crotch, because of the increased abrasion. If you don't want this, get a pair of SDAs or Fullcounts, which use a smoother denim.

I think that 5EP does a good job of combining classic style (the straight down is essentially a 47 repro), with modern construction techniques, but that is just me.

I'm pretty sure they purposely use a weaker thread on some parts. I know Fullcount uses 12 different types of cotton threads, some weaker and some stronger, depending on where the seam is located.

The stitching at the top of the backpockets has no effect on durability at all and it is either made to break, or constructed wrong. The thread does not flex and and there is no slack, so when your move or bend over, that thread will just break.

I have had one seam go after one month at the front pocket on my S0505XX after one month, no big deal. I'd prefer it if they didn't use a weak thread that would deconstruct, but I don't really care.

btw, there is a loose thread at the front pocket on my SDA's too, but that came after 4-5 months. The backpocket stitching also went after some wallet-ing.

does anyone really care about bits of thread busting? isn't that the whole purpose of wearing jeans and wearing them out? i mean to have a crotch blow out or another pocket rip is one thing, but the accurate fading off and the back stitch holding the pocket is no big deal in my opinion, just part of the breaking in process...how's the fit on your Horrible?

does anyone really care about bits of thread busting? isn't that the whole purpose of wearing jeans and wearing them out? i mean to have a crotch blow out or another pocket rip is one thing, but the accurate fading off and the back stitch holding the pocket is no big deal in my opinion, just part of the breaking in process...how's the fit on your Horrible?

it's pretty good, a little looser than on you though, since I'm a little slimmer. I've taken a bunch of detail pics of the jeans, I'm just to lazy to put them up. I'm going to do it someday soon. I'm going to take pics of the fit too but I need to clean my room before that, it would totally destroy the picture as it looks right now.

@Beatle - I apologize for opening up a pandoras box of comments. I saw some waist down pics of running in the woods in what are typically 'guy' jeans... and got confused. (I've seen you referred to as both he and she and I guess I was just confused.) Forgive me.

p.s. boob shots are always acceptable

I don't care so much about the stitching, except my the stitching holding on my back left pocket busted first day(pocket still very intact). I remember reading these were all texas cotton even down to the thread, whihc would explain why the thread in ours is less durable than the synthetics.

These jeans are sick, I'm getting some really blue spots peaking out in wierd places.

^ hahahahaha

My sammies are coming along slowly. Ive noticed some quick fading too, maybe the dye they use? Doesnt natural indigo bleed quicker? Ive never owned any natural indigo jeans, but I almost shelled out some extra cash to get RR Veggie Indigos, and did some research on them...

I wish I took part in more physical activities, but its so tiring!