Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Are the new leather items in store only?

I don't see them on the SE website

They're on the website, just not launched on our main shop page.

@PeterParker: The jeans look great. I'm glad that we made something that was worth wearing for close to three years.... if you see fit to give our new denim a try I'm sure you'll be even more pleased with the results.

For the self edge sf discount do we just have to mention the promo or print out the page to show in store?

You had to sign up for it on the day it was released or bring in an iPhone with the app loaded onto it.

I heard the IH 301s-07BK are shipping from Japan April 15, but what day will they be available online?

My friend's birthday is in a few weeks and I'd like to get him a pair.

Thanks!

They'll be available online May 1st.

TN_WALLET_01.jpg

When i was looking at this wallet in person one thing came to mind. IT IS THICK AS FUCK! dare i say this wallet is more dense than my Redmoon??? yes, i think i can say that confidently. It is truly an amazing piece to have and i encourage everyone in need of a wallet to get this thing and beat the hell out of it! Congrats on SE picking up another great brand.

what kind of wallet is that? and kiya, would you say this wallet is better in terms of quality and construction or the WC wallet?

what kind of wallet is that? and kiya, would you say this wallet is better in terms of quality and construction or the WC wallet?

Construction is on par with the WC wallet but the quality of the leather isn't really comparable because the WC wallet has a partial cordovan outer, pig skin liner, and a sterling silver ring. The WC wallet is also larger in size.

i have the app on my android phone, if i show that in store that works too right?

and any restock on the fh bsp's coming soon?

Please read the instructions on their site.

Next SE05BSP restock is May 1st.

Introducing Kawatako Leathers & Accessories from Japan

We've spent the past year searching Japan for a leather accessory company that would fit the mold of a company we'd like to work with over the long-term. We wanted products which were built well, designed for daily use, had soul, and were sold at a reasonable cost. We've found that company, they call themselves Kawatako.

After World War II the Japanese became infatuated with the thick and heavy wallet styles which American troops had on the bases in Japan. Following the war a Japanese man which was staying with American troops taught himself how to make wallets by hand. Within months he was making wallets and belts, trading them with American troops and receiving American whiskey in return. He was so talented at producing intricate stitches and patterns by hand the Japanese dubbed him "The Small Hand Kid".

This was the beginning of classic western style wallets in Japan.

The two men behind Kawatako respect these early Japanese techniques in dying, cutting, and sewing leathers and have devoted their lives to the craft of leather accessories. Dying each leather piece by hand using the finest quality vegetable based dyes their pieces show an attention to detail which reflects their years of studying early American-style Japanese leather craft from the 1940's to the 1960's.

In Japanese "kawa" means leather and "tako" means octopus. Embodying everything sturdy and versatile, Kawatako pieces are leather with soul.

We start this journey with Kawatako with six items which are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for specifics on each item along with hi-res photographs:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=91

Kawatako Leather Half-Fold Wallet - Black

BK_WALLET_01.jpg

BK_WALLET_01_04.jpg

Kawatako Leather Half-Fold Wallet - Tan

TN_WALLET_01.jpg

TN_WALLET_01_01.jpg

Kawatako Dual-Prong Leather Belt - Black

BK_BELT_01.jpg

BK_BELT_01_04.jpg

Kawatako Dual-Prong Leather Belt - Tan

TN_BELT_01.jpg

TN_BELT_01_04.jpg

Kawatako Brass Key Hook

KEYCHAIN_01.jpg

KEYCHAIN_01_01.jpg

Kawatako Indigo-Dyed Cotton Duck Camera Case

BLUE_POUCH_01.jpg

BLUE_POUCH_01_03.jpg

BLUE_POUCH_01_02.jpg

BLUE_POUCH_01_01.jpg

BLUE_POUCH_01_04.jpg

BLUE_POUCH_01_05.jpg

Iron Heart SEXIH07IIIBK = Type III Modified Jacket (Long)

We've done a very limited number of these SEXIH07IIIBK overdyed Modified Type III jackets. We had them cut 2" longer than the traditional fit for those that find denim jackets too short in the body length and we've also added hand pockets.

Only 40 total were made, they're available now in our online store and at all Self Edge stores.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=536

(We've also received a full restock of IH jeans/jackets/belts)

sexih_iii01_03.jpg