Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

hi kiya! came by your store on friday wishing you would be there with a taped together sufu map in hand. instead i got clay (which was great too!) and he suggested me a bunch of places to visit which were great! also he said that you should have 6x6 comming in which is a skinny japanese cut? i like skinnies, but japanense are repro crazy so it seems like the quality and the construction never get into the skinny cut. what are the 6x6's like? also wish you could have been there so i could have met you!

PG2G is correct... what you want is the Skull 5010, which we currently have in stock in all sizes. and if you dig those, then the new Flat Head F310 is not only Japanese but it's slim and made of some unbelievable denim.

I'm sorry, but the knock kneed photos are almost too much for me to really get a good feel for them. The detailling looks nice to me. There's a chance i could be out in the area by the end of summer and my girlfriend is interested but refuses to buy something she can't try on and with good reason. Are they reall 3" and 5" bigger in the waist than tagged? So a size 28 would measure almost 33" for the rachel?

Yup, the S&S really do measure between 3" and 5" above tagged size. Check the appropriate product page for how each model measures in the waist.

Flat Head belts and short sleeve shirts.. We waited quite a while for these belts, and it was well worth it.

Photos and info here:

http://www.selfedge.com/2007/06/flat-head-belts-and-selvedge-short.php

DSC05348-779481.JPG

DSC05352-756232.JPG

DSC05367-747597.JPG

Kiya, are the surfaces of those buckles suitable for engraving?

You can definitely engrave them if you find a person with a machine strong enough.. i'm sure it wouldn't be difficult.

The surface is beautiful once you see it in person, you might change your mind once you see it.

Guest Airjamie

Im at the families house at bass lake for the weekend but im going to try and get a ride to the city before i have to head back to the east coast on tuesday. I want to take a look at a belt and one of those shirts as i really want to see what the fuss is about but cant bring myself to drop that much unless i could see it in person. If not ill have to wait until christmas. Baah.

BTW, what material are the buckles, brass?

Kiya, just wanted to pass along some praise for Clay. Did a great job getting me set up in my black IH 1634's today. Nice to be able to try everything on and get some great advice along the way. Well done.

Im at the families house at bass lake for the weekend but im going to try and get a ride to the city before i have to head back to the east coast on tuesday. I want to take a look at a belt and one of those shirts as i really want to see what the fuss is about but cant bring myself to drop that much unless i could see it in person. If not ill have to wait until christmas. Baah.

BTW, what material are the buckles, brass?

The new Flat Head belts/buckles are made of nickle plated forged steel.

They'll be up in our online store later today..

kiya, i hope you still have size a size 38 in the FH houndstooth cause im going to hopefully purchase one when i go over there tomorrow.

We've got that size in at least one of the colors left..

hmm.. just wondering...

why is chuck's vintage sticked and not self-edge?

Because i chose to not have my thread stickied.. i figured there's no reason to have it at the top of the page if there isn't any new news contained in the thread.

Any 36s left for a desperate internet buyer? ... :P

Yup, we've got the black/red ones still in 36.. maybe even another color. call the store to find out exact stock or to order one..

That short-sleeve shirt looks awesome Kiya. I might just have to pick it up....and those belts looks very nice as well. Really enjoying my Houndstooth shirt btw : ). How much for short-sleeve shirt?

$140 for the short sleeves. (found in the comments below the Selfedge blog)