Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hey guys..

not sure if you noticed or maybe you've just lost the ability to read..

but Self Edge, BiG, and five japanese denim manufacturers have been sued this week. Therefore making it very risky, and a bad move on our part, to launch our store with the intended brands such as Flat Head and Iron Heart...

So therefore, deal with this for now, and shortly we'll be offering Iron Heart and Flat Head...

We might start selling Nudies next week too..

Not a huge deal for Superfuture heads, but a huge deal for the rest of the world that buys up Nudies like there's no tomorrow.

You could buy from Japan, but keep in mind that the general public appreciates that our site has things to offer that others don't. things such as..

-our site is in english

-we have measurements for every product in EVERY size the product is produced in

-you can pick up the phone and call us and have a real time conversation with a person that can answer all your questions and help you in choosing something you're really going to enjoy

-we allow exchanges

-we offer free shipping worldwide

-we will have exclusive jeans only available at Self Edge from Iron Heart, Imperial, and Sugarcane

-we're working day and night to make these products more accessible to the western world

Regardless, glad to see everybody is hating on us after all this.

Hey guys..

Probably shouldn't insult the people that are buying your shit.

Just saying...

Puh Leeze

I've ordered off of Rakuten, but since BiG and Self Edge opened up if I could get it in the US I have. Being able to exchange sizes is a comfort I'm willing to pay for. And I don't think he was insulting his customers, if he was insulting anyone it was the fuckers that will try shit on in his store then buy from Rakuten. Those people should die.

I purchased a pair of Iron Heart selvage from Kiya last Saturday. I received it on Wednesday, the day before all this mayhem with Levi's started. I'm very happy with their service and will definitely purchase from Self-Edge again in the future. I consider myself lucky for finding out about his company. I live here in L.A. and good luck finding the products that's available in Self-Edge. Just like the previous poster mentioned, it saves me a trip to Japan or order it directly from Japan. One more thing, I ordered a pair of 45rpm's Jomons from their store in NYC. They charged me three dollars extra for using my credit card. I'm sorry, but if I'm spending 754 USD for a pair of jomon, I wouldn't be that petty to my customers. I don't know if they're just being Japanese. My point is: Self-Edge ships it for free and does not surcharge for using credit cards as an option for payment.

what a nice webshop kiya...

i am so in love with all the stuff on there allready... really well-arranged, nice info on all models, sizing, fitting etc.... great work, and definetly the wait worth... now i'll just have to wait untill you stock some of the new japanese denims...

+1

Sorry, maybe i jumped the gun on that one..

but when you open up your online store and the first response is "why are you selling sugarcanes for 265?" when in reality every other store in the Western Hemisphere is selling them for the identical price, it can be a little frustrating.. all the while Levi's is trying to destroy my life. haha...

long story short, we're adding more products every few days or so.. we're going to stick to the free shipping worldwide thing, and eventually they'll be enough people that see the benefit from buying from Self Edge that everything will be dandy.

:)

superfuture meeting, in two hours, at Self Edge.

see you all then.

One more thing, I ordered a pair of 45rpm's Jomons from their store in NYC. They charged me three dollars extra for using my credit card. I'm sorry, but if I'm spending 754 USD for a pair of jomon, I wouldn't be that petty to my customers. I don't know if they're just being Japanese. My point is: Self-Edge ships it for free and does not surcharge for using credit cards as an option for payment.

Well, for the Jomons, you REALLY should've ordered from Japan through 2000dB... :D

wow kiya nice fucking online store. i love how you write next to each waist size how many are left in stock, thats just what i wish some online stores did.

Kiya will you be getting any buzz rickson stuff in? or any sugar cane clothing?

wow now i dont have to fly to san francisco just to buy jeans from you. but shit i'll still do it.

Hey guys..

but Self Edge, BiG, and five japanese denim manufacturers have been sued this week. Therefore making it very risky, and a bad move on our part, to launch our store with the intended brands such as Flat Head and Iron Heart...

how come BiG is still selling their Samurais?

and the free shipping worldwide is a ++

• 2 months later...
really dope Podoll tee.. i dont know why i didnt buy it while i was there, but now i gotta go back. looking forward to seeing whats going to come out of that collab...

Yes, we here at Self Edge are also very impressed by the Podoll line..

I've been a huge fan for many years and am happy to finally be able to bring his work into the store.

The T-Shirt we have and the button-down western shirt are both tops.

We've also got a really cool extra long tee made of bamboo for women with a real nice chandelier print on it that i'm also into..

• 3 weeks later...
They charged me three dollars extra for using my credit card. I'm sorry, but if I'm spending 754 USD for a pair of jomon, I wouldn't be that petty to my customers. I don't know if they're just being Japanese. My point is: Self-Edge ships it for free and does not surcharge for using credit cards as an option for payment.

credit card companies usually do this, not the stores themselves, for a currency conversion fee. I find Japanese people very honorable and thus I trust buying from them more than most American stores.

There are no smalls in most button-down sleeve japanese shirts.

The sizing is: 36 38 40 42 44 (and very rarely 46)

The size represents the chest measurement taken half an inch below where the armpits are.

Steve, we have the red version of that same shirt in short sleeve.

Just in at Self Edge are KC's wallets..

Took quite a bit of work to get this line into the country for the first time, but i think it's worth it, especially at the prices they're at..

img10201063048-708100.jpeg

img10201063178-754669.jpeg

img10201355293-758828.jpeg

img10202111376-778450.jpeg

img10202111379-737585.jpeg

More photos and info:

http://www.selfedge.com/2007/05/kcs-wallets-come-to-america-from-japan.php