gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

Does anyone have these yet...?

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7389&pid=445263

Tell me about them i'm curious...

I just got my pair. Definitely size down if you get them. I'm about a 31 1/2 waist and the 30 is still loose on me. I'm not sure what I think about the selvage color either. I notice the tag inside the pants says "dry clean only," which makes me curious if these shrink much. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep them and try to shrink them with a hot soak or just return them. If Gap would offer smaller waists with a 32 or 34 inseam I think these would fit fine. I'd have definitely gone for something around 27 or 28.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the straight selvage jeans shipment from the website. The details are simpler than the gough which I like, however they are a slightly lighter weight jean. The color is almost exactly the same as gough however indigo seems to be rubbing off more easily, so it is different fabric. The selvage is the same rainbow as on the morrisons, perhaps they are exactly the same material except this one is unwashed.

I think I will be returning the goughs and keeping these instead. I can't keep 2 pairs of gap, lest you guys will think I am a knob.

I'll put pics up later.

PS IMHO if regular levis 501s were available in similar quality for $50, it would probably be the toast of SF. In short, this is probably what a good $50 jean should be...

I had a pair of the Italian 1969's back in the day, and to be honest, I like the Goughs better. The only problem is that they dont have rear pocket rivets and plainer pockets like the originals.

Ive been in my Goughs over a month now, and they are starting to fade for sure, and I am getting some interesting vertical lines on the thighs.

5 more months...

if you want slimmer knees down, the Straight Rigid is the one you want.

baysickbeats, I think the denim material is the same as on Morrisons, except these are unwashed. In raw state, it looks similar to the Gough from a distance, but the Gough is slightly heavier from what I could tell/.

those were such shit. the indigo on the original 1969 ones was terrible. the 2nd batch were ok. i just picked up the gough for $40 last week so we'll see how those go once I slim up the legs.

stfu poly .. as I said they are NICE . they use the same denim Evisu used when they very first started doing jeans in Italy that weren't evisu EU shit .. same redline same denim

The cut is badass on the original 1969 also .. Mine have stretched nicely as I sized down .. chainstitch hems , real leather patch and coin pocket redline and those sexy shaped butt molding back pockets and also the real copper button flys with gap 1969 embossed onto them are excellent touches for Gap ..

suck me if you can't see these 69's are the truth beeches

40nma8h.jpg

48bw9hk.jpg

2r6pqtk.jpg

about 45 days one soak previous to wear and wore til dry

I found the last pair of them in a Gap in my local mall, at some extremely awkward size. I asked an attendant if she had anymore pairs at any stores in the area, she called them, told me no and reccommended I look for them online.

Of course you can't find them online, but she told me they would probably getting more of them in in the coming months. Not sure that I can trust her though.

stfu poly .. as I said they are NICE . they use the same denim Evisu used when they very first started doing jeans in Italy that weren't evisu EU shit .. same redline same denim

The cut is badass on the original 1969 also .. Mine have stretched nicely as I sized down .. chainstitch hems , real leather patch and coin pocket redline and those sexy shaped butt molding back pockets and also the real copper button flys with gap 1969 embossed onto them are excellent touches for Gap ..

suck me if you can't see these 69's are the truth beeches

wait 6 months till you wash em and i'm interested to see the color. the pair i had after being washed had the WORST color. I had the same ones. the 2nd generation had the crotch rivet. but yeah, i'd like to see these in 6 months.

I haven't seen anything about the Goughs being available at Gap stores in Canada (forgive me if I missed someone saying they saw them), but I saw some at the GAP in Metrotown today. They were tagged $98 and didn't seem to have been marked down. In fact, I'm pretty sure they weren't even there when I was at the same store 2 or 3 weeks ago, so they might have just got them. They'll get marked down eventually like everything else at the Gap, though.

Ok so I went to the Gap today and they had these raw selvedge Goughs. They were marked down to 20 fucking bucks, and I was already impressed with them so I hadda cop them. They have every single size basically. These are a 32x34 and are a bit big on me as I am a 31 usually. But I figured you all would apreciate pics. And if you are interested I would have no problem going to get more and shipping them anywhere in the USA for $35 shipped.

44rhgkh.jpg

40ksq4m.jpg

3ztgi87.jpg

2u6heo3.jpg

2yucytx.jpg