gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

Thank you LO ... I should have known that. I wasnt thinking. I wish I knew anything about sewing and hemming and the like... but I dont. I dont even know a good tailor. I am up a creek if I need an adjustment.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of these, they fit loose/straight leg.

i usually wear size 30's or 31's (i'll just belt it up), i went with a 31/32. I tried them on and I needed a belt for sure. if someone tugged on them they woulda fallen right off. I don't like to cuff my jeans, and the cuff was literally like 5.5 inches tall. They didnt have any 31/30's so I was just like "fuck it, im gonna get them hemmed anyways".

I went home the first thing I did was soak em in super hot water inside out. after they dried I put them on. They shrunk, they shrunk good. I don't need a belt anymore, and the cuff is about 2.5 inches now.

They're cheap for what you get. If you like your jeans a bit loose, and you're short on money, then these are for you.

I prefer them over the morrisons by far. No predistressing, and straight leg opposed to tapered.

The only things I see that they cut back on are, the back pockets arn't linned with fancy designs (infact they're not lined at all), and the front pockets arned linned with fancy designed fabric. just plain black. I got them for 85 bucks canadian. so I'm not complaining. I'm sure you guys down in the states can get em for even cheaper.

Ulic, it is not clear to me. So how much did they shrink in the length after your soak?

yeah they shrunk 2-3 inches in length and about 1 inch waist.

but I did really really hot water. scoulding hot haha. so they shrunk A LOT more than i expected. I also only half air dried them. I was lazy (and I don't really care) so I threw them in the dryer super hot while still very damp.

I am thinking about taking the white cloth 1969 tag off the back of my jeans. I think it will give them a much cleaner look. I am going to leave the large 1969 rivet however.

See the pictures at the top of this thread for details.

What do yall think?

Tonight I think I will take it off. I will try and post some pics on the jeans without the tag. I think I will be able to take it off without a problem using a seam ripper. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

these are on sale now... $69.

Does anyone know if these are morrisons?

they aren't the gough's.

http://www.gap.com:80/browse/product.do?cid=6998&pid=408895&vid=1

thanks

yes they're morrisons selvage 110% for sure.

Tonight I think I will take it off. I will try and post some pics on the jeans without the tag. I think I will be able to take it off without a problem using a seam ripper. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

i only foresee one problem: if they've been worn a lot, explosed to the sun, washed... basically if they've been moderately used, removing the white label may put a big rectangular dark spot on your jeans :P

kinda like when you move furnature that's been sitting on your carpet for 15 years, that area of the carpet is still like brandnew, whereas everything around it is worn and discolored.

to be honest, i dont think i have worn them outside enough to make a difference at this point. I also dont tuck my shirt in, so it has little exposure to sun. they also havent been washed, so I hope that the dark spot isnt there, o well - it will be less noticable than a huge white lable! thanks for the idea though - i didnt even think about that.

i just finished soaking my Gough's for a little over two hours in cold water, i put a hanger in the waist to try and control the shrinking because the waist was pretty alright. I was just looking for shrinkage in the length a little bit, and trying to get rid of as much bagginess as possible. I'll give you guys an update as soon as they finish drying...

i just finished soaking my Gough's for a little over two hours in cold water, i put a hanger in the waist to try and control the shrinking because the waist was pretty alright. I was just looking for shrinkage in the length a little bit, and trying to get rid of as much bagginess as possible. I'll give you guys an update as soon as they finish drying...

isnt it the hotter the water the more the shrinkage?

Here are the pictures of the Gap 1969 Gough Selvage that I have been wearing about a month. I got tired of the giant white cloth patch on the back, so I removed. These are before and after the modification. I really think it helps the look of the jean. goughbackwtagsbo7.jpggoughbacknotagskm3.jpggoughbacklegupfm7.jpggoughrearnotagzv8.jpg

I am not sure why these jeans aren't being received with more enthusiasm from us denim purists here. I think it is just because they are from the Gap. At a hundred bucks, and only eighty if you take out a credit card which you can dump later, they are a great bargain. The denim, construction, and fit are on par with many of the other jeans we are always talking about here.

the denim and construction are very nice on the gough but the fit is really blah. for another $40 you could just get some apc which has a much better selection of fits and even nicer denim.

just some sizing info on GOUGH's:

-im usually a size 34 but i fit into a size 31 in the Gough's, very tight at first but after 2 hours of wear and they've loosened up, now the waist feels normal and i got a good fit (the waist is currently 34 inches now). these arent too baggy if you size down, although they may be a little loose for some SFers.

-the inseam length they have on the tag is the length WHEN THERE IS A CUFF. meaning if the tag on the jeans say they are 31x32, its 32 inch inseam when cuffed, but actually its 34 inches when there is no cuff. Gap did it like this because they meant for these jeans to be worn with a cuff.

-my size 31 jeans has 18 inch knees and leg openings, 10.5 inch front rise and 14 inch back rise

i haven't tried it myself but i noticed all the gap F&F cards i picked up have unique codes this year. not sure if that matters for B&M stores.

they have unique online codes, but are all the same for in-store

I have like 17 more online codes if anyone wants

After a quick wear on tuesday, a long cold water soak on wednesday, ive been wearing these things like crazy ever since. This is my first pair of selvedge denim let alone Japanese denim, and im loving it. I went from regular everyday 501xx STFs to these and there is no comparison. These things feel like they are going to wear in a lot nicer than the STFs not to mention just plain FEEL nicer while wearing. I know these arent Samurais by any means, but id love to see people posting the progress of the wearing fo these jeans.