gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

anyone else here see the other pair of selvage that GAP now? Its a straighter slightly slimmer fit more reminiscent of a Levi 501. I tried on a 29 the other day (i'm a natural 30) and I must admit it was not a bad fit. 60 bucks i believe and im not entirely sure of the name. It does have pocket selvage which looks a bit awkward too.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone soak their jeans before they wear em? Even when they fit right.

cmf is right, in most cases you wouldn't need to (with sanforised denim).

however some like to soak it anyway, to remove some of the starch in the denim. both Paul T and Deus have mentioned that starched denim has a tendency, if worn hard, to crack or even rip. in less severe cases your fades might see some loose "threads" or breaks in the honeycombs and whiskers. but again most people just wear their APCs and nudies out of the bag, with no problems, so. it's a personal preference really...

For sure, take that damn white tag off. Find a razor blade or some small sharp sicssors and cut that crap out...

haha, im lazy to remove the tag..and mine has a nasty yellow/brown stain because of the starch when i was soaking it

Does anyone know what weight this denim is?

heres a project i'm considering. I wanna remove the ugly pockets on thes goughs and either put different ones on or cut em smaller and put em back on. Is this possible, and if it is, is it a bad idea? Considering they were only $20 i'm willing to take a little risk in order to get better looking jeans.

Does anyone know what weight this denim is?

heres a project i'm considering. I wanna remove the ugly pockets on thes goughs and either put different ones on or cut em smaller and put em back on. Is this possible, and if it is, is it a bad idea? Considering they were only $20 i'm willing to take a little risk in order to get better looking jeans.

Not only is it not a bad idea, it's also a good idea.

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone's local gap still have Morrisons in a 30 or 31 waist? If so, and if you would be interested in picking me up a pair, please pm.

More on topic, I got my pair of Goughs today. I actually really like the details, but they really fit like shit. Its too bad too. These could have been some really nice jeans. I'm reluctant to get them tailored, because I really don't know of a tailor that I'm confident would do a good job, but I am considering getting them tapered to improve the fit some. Anyone done this with theirs? pics?

Would anyone mind pm'ing me any Gap location in NYC that carries the goughs? I stopped in one store when I managed to get a bit of free time, but they didnt have it.

I got a pair of Goughs just under two weeks ago for like twenty bucks. Good deal.

But yeah, the only size they had them in that would fit me was 28, which I was not expecting to fit into but I did (I usually wear a 30 comfortably). It is a bit tight around the crotch, and I think the cut's a bit flattering, but other than that, they're a pretty good pair of jeans. One complaint though, and maybe this is just a personal case, there might be too many buttons on the fly, more than my Paper's in any case, and that causes them to kinda make the whole crotch section bulge out. It's just weird and slightly awkward.

After nearly weeks of wear, there's a bit of whisker and honeycomb folds, but no real fading yet, except in some spots. I can take some pics if people want?

Also, the inside tag says "rinsed selvage". Does that mean these aren't entirely dry?

Damn, these things have totally flown off the shelves. If you call the Gap 800 #, they can locate your size in any state, so then they will connect you to the store and you can have them ship them to you for $5. Most sizes are gone, and gone everywhere...so if you want some, call the number and get them, they are 15$ everywhere so for $20.00 your set. Oh, you also need the product ID # which is 445212-00-1, if you ask for Gough's, they will have no idea what the hell you are talking about. My a FYI.

Ive been wearing my Goughs since November 13th, has anyone had any since before then? If so, how are they looking? Has anyone washed after wearing?

Forget what I said about the 800 line(that said my local store had 2 pair and 2 pair only), I went to the store to pick some up I put on hold...they had like 25 pairs, in pretty much all sizes...$15 bucks. If you are having trouble finding these, just ask, Ill tell you where these are and you can call and have them shipped to you...

Can anyone confirm if Morrisons are slimmer in the thigh area? Also do these also measure two inches longer in the inseam than tagged? If anyone has the thigh measurements (right underneath the crotch, like this: http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/jeans/s5000bk/img/size.gif) for waists marked 30 or 31, it would be very much appreciated.