APC denim

Geowu

Recently bought a pair of rescues in 32W, the length seems a tad bit too long for me. They were hugging my thighs fairly tight, but was still able to button them up fairly easily. Wore them a week ago, one day for a couple of hours and again today for several hours, the waist and thigh area have already stretched to a comfortable fit.

Will they stretch below the knee, like the calf area? (Below the knee seems a bit too loose for me, and the leg opening seems a bit too wide, maybe I should've tried a pair of NS)

They won't stretch much, if at all, below the knee...but you will get a knee buldge which may effect the shape of the leg around that area...that can't be avoided though...so embrace it or find the best piece of footwear to make that shit look right (I like mid-tops for that...low top sneakers or whatever just leave the leg to drape more, which in turns causes less stacking and you get that weird side silohuette/shape cause the knee buldge...it can look sloppy if the jeans are too loose).

The NS's are much slimmer IMO. So you may want to triple check that fit in the store if possible. Totally different look.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the new standards. i like the width of the leg, i didnt try rescues or anything though. the ns i got are 29w--im usuall like a 31, 32--I wore them around and they're getting to be just right.

very happy with them

Those New Cures on you are just SEX. Perfect fit.

Just picked up a pair of New Cures last week. I'm 5'8", 120-125 lbs and I sized down one to a 29. I could do all the buttons on a 28 and could possibly squeeze into a 27 if I really wanted to, but not trying to go for the skin tight, denim leggings look. The 29s are perfect for the slight slouch, slim look I want. Fit is even better than Dior 19cms in a size 29 that I tried on.

newcure1.jpg

Well...yes...always wear a belt if you feel that works for your style. My personal opinion is why would you not wear a belt...it is one of the outfit completers.

But on the other hand, if you sag your jeans at all, or wear a belt that isn't super tight while your jeans are (super tight)...the waist will stretch regardless.

alright thanks

question: hows the APC store in new york on mercer? im gonna go into the city one of these weekends and i'm hitting up H&M and im contemplating APC if i can make it there and have the money - what say you on their stock and what i might look out for. if im nice enough maybe ill do a group buy or something for you nerds, if youre interested.

I'm pretty happy at the moment. Just found a pair of Cures at Value Village for $10. They're in wiked shape, still really dark and the fades have started in the right spots. Waist is slightly big as the tag size matches my actual waist but that'll work out. Who's gonna complain for $10. I'll post some pics in a bit.

Now I just have to wrestle with the washing dilemma. I figure they gotta go in. I mean, it was Value Village.

The pair of Cures you scored was brought in by a depressed mom, whom has just lost his young son. The Cures belonged to this young fellow who passed away horribly at an early age of 21. 2 weeks before his tragic death, he had anticipated the shipping of these jeans and couldn't wait to start breaking them in. But one week into them, he was stabbed 51 times all over his body except for his lower body (hence the "blood-less" jeans) by his alcoholic gf. It is now in your hands, which you have acquire through Value Village with $10. Don't wear them! His spirit still lurks within.

On the brighter side, I'll be a trooper and help steer you clear from haunted spirits. You can ship them to me and I'll take them off your hands at no cost. +rep me with your Paypal address and respond back with my Paypal w/ a verified address for you to ship to.

PS: this is not a scam.

The pair of Cures you scored was brought in by a depressed mom, whom has just lost his young son. The Cures belonged to this young fellow who passed away horribly at an early age of 21. 2 weeks before his tragic death, he had anticipated the shipping of these jeans and couldn't wait to start breaking them in. But one week into them, he was stabbed 51 times all over his body except for his lower body (hence the "blood-less" jeans) by his alcoholic gf. It is now in your hands, which you have acquire through Value Village with $10. Don't wear them! His spirit still lurks within.

On the brighter side, I'll be a trooper and help steer you clear from haunted spirits. You can ship them to me and I'll take them off your hands at no cost. +rep me with your Paypal address and respond back with my Paypal w/ a verified address for you to ship to.

Is the video of him gettin' stabbed 51 times on Youtube?

I love the APC store at mercer. Staff is really nice, and they always have the stock (on jeans) well at least my size like 25, 26.

So yeah, it's cool. defo a good place to go if youre looking for jeans

question: hows the APC store in new york on mercer? im gonna go into the city one of these weekends and i'm hitting up H&M and im contemplating APC if i can make it there and have the money - what say you on their stock and what i might look out for. if im nice enough maybe ill do a group buy or something for you nerds, if youre interested.

Ispy, congrats on the find! You could dry clean if you're worried about losing indigo.

Cheers. Thought about that but didn't have the patience. I'm wearing them today. I washed 'em and they came through fine. They have some wear over the thighs but the rest looks great. Just like someone did some of the work for me in starting them off. Still have a good sheen through some sections.

The Cure is definitely a thinner jean through the leg for me, usually wear them a bit looser as I don't have the required <30 waist on these boards (these babys are a 36!). Waist is loose but I have a belt for that. Proportionally they look good I think. Girlfriend didn't laugh at me anyway... :rolleyes:

I like the feel of them for sure. It's pretty cool to be able to try out the fit / style without having to drop the cash. -- Adding another option to the denim quiver!

lol. Nice.

hey guys,

as summer is starting to roll by, im wondering if i should wash these apcs... have been wearing them for 6 months or so. i didn't really pay that much attention to them while i wore them. im thinking about washing them just to see how they turn out, but should I just wait it out for 2 months or are my jeans faded enough that its "time" to wash it... i just want the fades and the unique combs and all that good stuff :)

and.... any specific tips about washing apcs? this is my first real raw denim, and i really have no idea how to go about it. cheers

heres pics:

253568648.jpg

253568652.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL451/2326783/16498867/253568656.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL451/2326783/16498867/253568666.jpg

(this hsould also be helpful to people who are thinking about buying these... very good beginning jeans to start with!)

yours is so not ready to wash

i got wears like those in like a month and a half, your honeycombs arent that pronouced have you been storing them? since it hasn't gotten any real fades, you will darken the denim by washing it and thats a no-no

^^ thanks for the quick reply

yeah so i wasn't really sure since these are my first raw... ive act. been weraing them pretty consistently

id rather start on new jeans (lookin at the imperial dukes) cause the knee bulges are killing me. and it just feels stuffy and nasty hahaha maybe im not made for raw

the fade though on the front and back are act. much lighter... maybe the cam didnt pick up

any advice once i do wash? and what would the effect be besides just getting darker if i wash it now? appreciate it

i think you should do a hot soak first, so it comes back in size "of you dont want the knee bulges" but they are mandatory for honeycombs, anyhow what is your inseam? i wouldnt reccomend a hot soak if your inseam is at least touching the groun cull it can shrink and inch or two from the ground. anyhow if you have already hemmed your jeans to a perfect size i wouldnt reccomend a hot soak but a cold one for jsut a wee shrink or use weights from trying to make it shrink in length, i wouldnt reccomend washing it though, say goodbye to fades after washing.

yours is so not ready to wash

i got wears like those in like a month and a half, your honeycombs arent that pronouced have you been storing them? since it hasn't gotten any real fades, you will darken the denim by washing it and thats a no-no

krn.nyc

what he means is that when you wash, the "memory" of where the creases used to be is lost. there is no darkening that takes place during or after the wash--if anything a wash causes the denim to lose indigo, making the jeans lighter. i wouldn't recommend a wash just yet, but just so you know, some jeans can hold their indigo very well through a wash, and others like APC go fairly quickly. what you should do is keep wearing these, then wash them nicely when they've become too dirty to wear with a clean conscience.

or, get a new pair if you really want to. but the knee bulges will happen with any pair of raw jeans.

I'm pretty happy at the moment. Just found a pair of Cures at Value Village for $10. They're in wiked shape, still really dark and the fades have started in the right spots. Waist is slightly big as the tag size matches my actual waist but that'll work out. Who's gonna complain for $10. I'll post some pics in a bit.

Now I just have to wrestle with the washing dilemma. I figure they gotta go in. I mean, it was Value Village.

i hate you so fucking much.

any other opinions on the APC store?

in manhatten? its pretty neat, nice inside, nice tasteful stuff, i was a bit surprised about how expensive their other stuff is in relation to how relatively cheap their denim is

True. Some shirts are the same price of their denim. APC is relatively cheap IMO.

Great store. Friendly staff. Definitely should go there when you go to NY

in manhatten? its pretty neat, nice inside, nice tasteful stuff, i was a bit surprised about how expensive their other stuff is in relation to how relatively cheap their denim is

first time supertalker...would like to ask where in the world is the cheapest way to come across a brand new pair of APC. i was recently in Indonesia and it was about $100...good thing or bad thing?

-concerned buyer