APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my New Standards in the mail today. I sized down 2 (normally 30, bought 28)

.. i'm about 5'10.5", 155 lbs.

newstandard.jpg

So far I love the fit, hoping it stretches out a bit to get that slouchy-yet-slim fit Dior jeans seem to get. Thanks for the replies to my sizing question, it can be hard to decide given the *very* wide range of opinions on how much you should downsize. Hope these turn out alright.

Washed my APC NS after 8 months of wear,

67xrceb.png

62du9w3.png

before/after

5ycylnl.jpg

6627skn.jpg

They turned out well and I'm in love with them. I folllowed the washing machine recipe. Delicate wash with some woolite(though I used like 3 cups of woolite). I wanted to wash it on the beach but that was too much effort, maybe I'll do it on my 2nd wash

Just got my New Standards in the mail today. I sized down 2 (normally 30, bought 28)

.. i'm about 5'10.5", 155 lbs.

So far I love the fit, hoping it stretches out a bit to get that slouchy-yet-slim fit Dior jeans seem to get. Thanks for the replies to my sizing question, it can be hard to decide given the *very* wide range of opinions on how much you should downsize. Hope these turn out alright.

High five! I'm the exact same height and weight as you. Good choice on sz28 New Standards. Exact same look and fit as me. Hoorah!

High five! I'm the exact same height and weight as you. Good choice on sz28 New Standards. Exact same look and fit as me. Hoorah!

How far along are you on yours? Any pictures? How much have they stretched out? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious to know how these will end up.

How far along are you on yours? Any pictures? How much have they stretched out? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious to know how these will end up.

Hah. Only had them for a week. I have faith that it'll turn out to be the fit we want. Its getting real hot these days, so I'm stick to my tapered RRDS that are 5 months in.

i'm looking to wash my apc soon.... it's getting pretty dirty... is there anything i should look out for while washing ? and show i turn it inside out while washing ???

There was a pamphlet that came with the APCs that contains "recipes" for ways to wash your jeans.

If you're going for the standard washing machine route, then yes, turn it inside out and put the machine on the lightest wash(mine says delicate). The recipe advises you to use Woolite black(scroll up to my post) but it should be okay with out. If you do use woolite, just follow the instructions on the back of the bottle.

hmmm but would u guys recommend washing the jeans (first time) in the washing machine ? or just give it a warm soak so that it'll shrink... because mine's getting a little big...

just wash them in the machine. soaking will not shrink them much at all cuz they are sanforized, so shrinkage is 1-2% i believe.

Look in female sizes. It's a unisex jean so just look in the women's section on the apc site

just wash them in the machine. soaking will not shrink them much at all cuz they are sanforized, so shrinkage is 1-2% i believe.

wait, if i give my New Standards a hot soak they won't srhink to the original factory size? i've had my new standards for about 3 months and they've gotten so baggy from stretch, even though i sized down 2. would it be a good idea to give it a hot soak? i do understand that it will stretch out again.

wait, if i give my New Standards a hot soak they won't srhink to the original factory size? i've had my new standards for about 3 months and they've gotten so baggy from stretch, even though i sized down 2. would it be a good idea to give it a hot soak? i do understand that it will stretch out again.

if you soak them they will shrink back, but they will just stretch out again within an hour or so.

anyone here tried the new cure jeans for men??

i have this one...it's has a low rise compared to the new standards...sizing is way off...got mine three sizes down...now it stretched out...but i love it..i've had mine since august of last year but it's not as beat up as i wanted to be...i don't wear mine all the time..that's the thing...i have yet to wash it though...maybe after a year...this coming august...!!!