Denim in Singapore

tweeds

lek, how about buying those Samurais from HK instead of online? Will like to try them on first before buying. Is it more expensive that way?

When I went to Take5 (XX-003) and Lane Crawford, they are more expensive, so, I didn't buy my XX-003 there. But HK has a common language/dialect advantage compare to Japan, so ...... :)

there's a thread which has the info to order from rakuten without having to understand japanese...also a list of stores that ship internationally: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11671

the first post has all you need to know :)

as for an assistant who can converse in english, i've really not much idea. my eternals were purchased purely through the help of this thread, even though the instructions can be a little confusing.

there's a thread which has the info to order from rakuten without having to understand japanese...also a list of stores that ship internationally: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11671

the first post has all you need to know :)

as for an assistant who can converse in english, i've really not much idea. my eternals were purchased purely through the help of this thread, even though the instructions can be a little confusing.

Thanks TIP.... I think at this point in time, I will just have to stick to Rakuten and Vpost then....... unless of course I manage to land an assignment in Japan.....

sweetmofo....... samurai s0500xx is a great choice but try not to get addicted to this shit heh hehe........ it kills the bank account :)

wow lek looks like you spent quite a fortune. haha

thanks for the insight!

yeah man skcusdog and lek, i drool just looking at pictures of the s0500XX.

beautiful!

this jeans thing already took a large hit at my bank account.

i only have a pair of dukes as of now, but i am hooked!

and i can predict more pairs coming. haha

its funny when we are talking about $350 jeans and there are some people bitching over a $150 levis.

dudes, pardon me for this, but superfuture is used by earthlings all round the world, please spell properly.

alright... so sorry about that... wow... imagine that... a forum that is informative AND makes you practice your English... hehee... awesome!!!

this may be totally off topic but i need to ask! Where else can i find a pair of True White Vans slip-ons in Singapore other than queensway and far east. tried finding them with no avail

hey test, I saw them a few months back at Leftfoot but haven't seen 'em again. I kinda regret not picking them up. I'm also looking for Vans Eras/Authentics in white, any chance you've seen them in Queensway?

I guess a possible alternative would be ordering from Zappos through vpost/ or if you have a friend in the US.

evanism: I don't think zappos ships to Singapore though

hey test, I saw them a few months back at Leftfoot but haven't seen 'em again. I kinda regret not picking them up. I'm also looking for Vans Eras/Authentics in white, any chance you've seen them in Queensway?

I guess a possible alternative would be ordering from Zappos through vpost/ or if you have a friend in the US.

evanism: I don't think zappos ships to Singapore though

eh bro, screw vans la..

i got some good stuff for sale.. better than vans!!

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=306171#post306171

hahaha

wow lek looks like you spent quite a fortune. haha

thanks for the insight!

yeah man skcusdog and lek, i drool just looking at pictures of the s0500XX.

beautiful!

this jeans thing already took a large hit at my bank account.

i only have a pair of dukes as of now, but i am hooked!

and i can predict more pairs coming. haha

its funny when we are talking about $350 jeans and there are some people bitching over a $150 levis.

hahahahahaaaa .... :D ..... they don't know what they're missing .... :P

S0500XX beautiful? Wait till you lay your hands on them ..... :)

I realised this after spending a fortune (29 pairs : 17 selvedges and 1 fake), stupid me, so, imo :

1. there's nothing more fun than just wear your jeans, 1 pair at a time, feel them, bash them, rock in them, rock with them ..... ;

2. you've got only 2 legs, and living in HOT Sg, so 1 pair at a time, my dear ....;

3. similar to high-thread-count bed sheets, selvedge denims are more comfortable! (this is definitely personal)

4. you're talking about fabrics that are pain-stakingly dyed blue, and if you don't wear them often (like me), they take centuries to fade!!! :o

So, imo, best is take a look around, buy 3-4 pairs (depending on your wearing frequencies) that are the best in your opinion and that's it (for the moment :rolleyes: ). Save the money and spend them wisely elsewhere.

My top 3 (+1):

1. Samurai S0500XX

2. Sugarcane SC40400N

3. Pure Blue Japan XX-003

4. Evisu Lot.2000 No.2

To me, they each features something that make them outstanding. make a guess and see if you agree ..... :)

Nice shoes submerged! but i'm kind of looking for slip ons with cloth material not leather.. The closest pair i've seen is at Heeren by Everlast.

Jsn you sure you saw a pair of plain white slip ons at Leftfoot? I thought they carry only nike and adidas sort of shoes(big and loud)

can't get any good stuff in sg. argh!

Nice shoes submerged! but i'm kind of looking for slip ons with cloth material not leather.. The closest pair i've seen is at Heeren by Everlast.

Jsn you sure you saw a pair of plain white slip ons at Leftfoot? I thought they carry only nike and adidas sort of shoes(big and loud)

thanks.. oh come on leather is good when you are wearing denims.. They won't stain those shoes, yea?

or just ask an american to buy it for you....$90sgd is ridiculous for a pair of vans, what are they? 40 free shipping to the USA then shipping to you is another $25...I buy and send to other countries from the USA if you're interested.

poly - 40 + 25 usd is about 100 sgd, so 90 isn't that bad, i think...

they have vsvm, so they must be something decent. :)

if i'm not wrong, i've also seen marc jacob X vans instore...i might be wrong.

test, yup Leftfoot sells a few vans and converse stuff, you just have to go all the way in as the shoes they showcase outside are mostly nikes and bapes. i've seen a couple of vans chukkas as well instore.

I think the distributor of Vans in Singapore is RSH but I don't know why they don't bring in more of the simpler colorways. Well if its any consolation at least they bring in the Vans Vault stuff, and the MJ ones(althou in very very very small quantity :/)

Nice Lek......... i have the s0500xx as a fave as well.........

I don't own 29 pairs of denim though...... u are set for life i guess..

I only wear jeans over the weekend so only the sammies are worn...... darn office garb..

the sd-103, evisu lot 2001 No 2 and paul smith red ear are hibernating in the closet without any wear...... collecting dust...

With this kind of wear frequency, I guess I don't really need another pair for a long time...

well unless somrthing really awesome surface.... (pls dun! not now.... my bank account is on life support........ arghhhh)