Please answer: Padded or Unpadded.

tootwoot

Hi. I'm debating whether I should get a padded or unpadded bikini top from J.Crew. I'm 5'7, 115lbs., but I don't care that I'm flat, so that's not why I'm asking if I should get a padded top. A padded top, however, will cover my nipples when I get cold. Hence, padded or unpadded? This is really embarassing to ask, so please just answer. I don't care if you're a guy or girl. Thanks.

hmmm...this is kind of strange to be offering my opinion on. i'd say probably don't go padded. it tends to look a bit strange, esp on slim girls with relatively modest chests. all of my exes have worn unpadded though, so i may be biased/under-educated on the issue. so yeah, unpadded. ok, i feel creepy getting into this too much. hopefully this helps some.

i suggest for you to go unpadded, it looks a lot more natural and you can tell when a bikini is padded or unpadded. It will obviously look like your trying to intend for a "bigger bust" even if your really not. People might think that. Also the nipples thing is not a bad thing. Hey you got nipples dont you? So i wouldnt worry about it. Go with an unpadded top unless you happen to be a very very conservative person or if you are discouraged and upset about the way you look.

so, i'll have to (as a guy) disagree with the breasts vs. ass issue but that's not really at stake here.

what i think is more important (as i've said and as had been said in general) is that if you have a pretty slender frame and small breasts, padding will likely make you look like you're trying to enhance your bust. and as that's obviously not your intention, you should probably go with an unpadded top or one that's lightly padded enough to guard against any nipplage but won't look too obvious. i'm sure they're out there, but it seems like you don't need to worry about support, and if jcrew doesn't have inconspicuous padding, don't go for pads, just go for something that's lined. that'll probably do the trick for hiding nipples in the cold.

so, i'll have to (as a guy) disagree with the breasts vs. ass issue but that's not really at stake here.

what i think is more important (as i've said and as had been said in general) is that if you have a pretty slender frame and small breasts, padding will likely make you look like you're trying to enhance your bust. and as that's obviously not your intention, you should probably go with an unpadded top or one that's lightly padded enough to guard against any nipplage but won't look too obvious. i'm sure they're out there, but it seems like you don't need to worry about support, and if jcrew doesn't have inconspicuous padding, don't go for pads.

Nipplage? Wow. I didn't expect this much discussion re a bikini top. Anyway, unpadded it is. Plus my size is on sale right now, so yay! Thanks everyone.

remember to post pictures in the pick-up post so we can comment on the fit!

I have unique insight into this..my ex wife had a small bust (albeit quite attractive) and wore padded tops. They looked ok though I did not prefer them. However, she like to swim and when they get wet...bad bad look. Many men, including myself like small busts on women and I think just go natural and be confident.

all my bikinis are triangle halter tops... no padding at all. if you go one size smaller you can tie it on behind the neck a bit tighter and that kind of discourages nipple showage when you're cold. it also keeps them in place.

I normally get the ones with a very thin liner inserted, about the same thickness as most t-shirt bras, it works nicel for keeping my nipples from showing, but doesn't look like it's there. Most of my suits I didn't notice the liner until it slipped out of the pocket in the wash.