Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

i don't want to contribute to the hype, but damn, quilted keifers are amazing. i've always really liked visvim, but haven't exactly been able to afford it. for those though i think i'd bite the price bullet. any updates on information about their release (esp. in the us) would be appreciated. hopefully they'll get em at union nyc while i'm up there, but that's doubtful, so if anyone could hook me up upon release that would be awesome

same here. i never owned a pair of visvim before but i think im going to purchase these in white. they look so nice.

contacted plainflour about them, waiting for a response.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have experience with both Logan Mids and Kiefers? I really like both models, but I was wondering if one was more comfortable than the other. I also have pretty wide feet, so what ones would you guys recommend? Also, does Union still have the Nez 20 backpacks? I need to replace my beat NF Recon that I have had forever. I want one so bad but $380 is a large chunk of money for a bag...Sorry for all the questions, I've been a fan of Visvim for a while, just never purchased anything because it is so expensive.

Does anybody have experience with both Logan Mids and Kiefers? I really like both models, but I was wondering if one was more comfortable than the other. I also have pretty wide feet, so what ones would you guys recommend? Also, does Union still have the Nez 20 backpacks? I need to replace my beat NF Recon that I have had forever. I want one so bad but $380 is a large chunk of money for a bag...Sorry for all the questions, I've been a fan of Visvim for a while, just never purchased anything because it is so expensive.

both are very comfortable. the leather on the kiefers is much more thin, they mimic the canvas on chucks but are a lot better on the feet. logans are like half-cabs, chunkier and slightly softer, but again a lot nicer then the ones they're based on. I couldn't say which are more comfortable though, both are amazing shoes. I have somewhat wide feet and have had no issues with either ones.

went to Union LA yesterday and wow! those visvim nez perce backpacks are really nice! the $436 price tag seems UNreasonable for the quality and material.

corrected for you

the selection of visvim at union la is really amazing. i hadn't been over there in a little while despite moving to the neighborhood because i thought they still mostly sold BBC and stuff like that...surprised to see wtaps, neighborhood, good enough, hp+, visvim, etc (still the top floor of BBC tho...)

logan mids are $323

fbt nez perce in 9.5 only $388

button up l/s shirts are around $428 short sleeve $390, l/s tees $150, mostly out of my price range. want those logans though...

i'll do pickups at union too if anyone wants (+ % of course check sig, will give % break for big purchases).

yeah, i realize $436 for a backpack is pretty steep and $200-$300 would probably be more reasonable. the bag does have alot of compartments and the leather on it is very soft, so you can tell alot of detail went into it. aren't head porter bags in the same price range?

you're also obviously paying for a lot of things other than the backpack when buying this kind of item anyway, mostly for the privilege of owning it. they are very nice, and i think they look like bags that might cost that much.

to each his own. i like visvim but it is way overpriced even with all the exclusive stigma involved.

they also sell visvim at lane crawford in HK. some sweaters, button ups and wallets/pouches. price is the same as FIL HK.

you're also obviously paying for a lot of things other than the backpack when buying this kind of item anyway, mostly for the privilege of owning it. they are very nice, and i think they look like bags that might cost that much.

at the end of the day its up to each person and their own justification whether or not it would be worth it. if I were to buy a backpack, I would surely look into Visvim ones.

a tip for anyone looking at the packs, buy the SS07 while you still can, you will be happy you did in the winter. thats all I'm gonna say.

Kiefers are toe-crushers.

skynards?222

at the end of the day its up to each person and their own justification whether or not it would be worth it. if I were to buy a backpack, I would surely look into Visvim ones.

a tip for anyone looking at the packs, buy the SS07 while you still can, you will be happy you did in the winter. thats all I'm gonna say.

haha true. cordu nezpearce, worth every fucking penny

the selection of visvim at union la is really amazing. i hadn't been over there in a little while despite moving to the neighborhood because i thought they still mostly sold BBC and stuff like that...surprised to see wtaps, neighborhood, good enough, hp+, visvim, etc (still the top floor of BBC tho...)

Funny you would say this. Union LA (Undefeated) was the first Western store to push Visvim. And they've been slingin all the other Japanese brands for years.

Union LA has a grip of great stuff. The downstairs is killer with Neighborhood, Maiden Noir, Visvim, PAM, HP etc etc. It's like a orgy of hard to find brands. Upstairs is not really my thing, but you got to give it to them for carrying a wide variety for different customers as well as being very forward thinking. Too bad the prices are steep, if I had a lot of disposable cash I would go buck wild in there. Union NY on the other hand is not as great imo.

Union LA has a grip of great stuff. The downstairs is killer with Neighborhood, Maiden Noir, Visvim, PAM, HP etc etc. It's like a orgy of hard to find brands. Upstairs is not really my thing, but you got to give it to them for carrying a wide variety for different customers as well as being very forward thinking. Too bad the prices are steep, if I had a lot of disposable cash I would go buck wild in there. Union NY on the other hand is not as great imo.

Their prices are steep because Japanese brands are expensive (mostly overpriced), but relatively speaking, I actually think Unions prices are better than reasonable. Visvim shoes are marked better than anywhere else I've seen (in other US stores or European online retailers). Other Japanese brands are priced equivelent to or better than prices available even via the most generous proxies.

For example, I bought a pair of Neighborhood Raws via 2000db (oh how I miss your proxyship, 2000...), and Union was offering them for only $2 more (never mind that they were late available on sale).