Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

where can i but dior 19cm japanesse in nyc? im visiting soon

also maybe im a total newb , but is there such thing as a 29 waist, cause well i havent seen one before.

thanks in advance

marc

29 waist is very very common and available in almost all brands of jeans.

I have not seen size 45 Italian though.

hope these don't stretch out exactly like the new standards..

what a bummer, if only i could try the 19 cm at the imaginary DH store in frisco

my NS sz = 28 fit, after stretch = too loose, after soak = still loose

So leads to my Dior 19cm dilemma, either sz 27 or 28.

My fears:

sz 27 = way too harsh for my somewhat muscular thighs/calves. track & football :mad:

sz 28 = will stretch out like the NS, and ends up sitting on my shelf for days

Any input ? And yes, I know it's annoying finding new members constantly questioning about their own size, but I find this forum incredibly trustworthy. So, thanks in advance.

400 $ cdn?

if it is then thats around the same if u buy it in us. 320 $ us then u gotta add shipping etc.

Shipping would be no more than $10. You'd be saving $60 USD. And as I said, I'm going tomorrow anyway.

Any input ? And yes, I know it's annoying finding new members constantly questioning about their own size, but I find this forum incredibly trustworthy. So, thanks in advance.

They will not stretch as much as APCs. 28's will be fine.

Is there a US online store that sells 19cm Raw Black Dior Homme Denim?

not black but dark grey? http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11346752&SectionID=7000

also got the black stretchy

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11346664&SectionID=7000

does anyone own the black stretchy or are they just glorified cheap mondays at 6X the cost? I was tempted to try them on in NYC but always hesitant of going into the fitting rooms for some reason when shopping... oh welll

saying the black stretch are just glorified cheap mondays is like saying a rolls royce is just a glorified honda accord. at least thats my take. personally i love my stretch 18cms, but i also love my cheap mondays, because they are very tight. no hate to either cheap monday or dior, but dior is certainly better quality and comfier fit

what a bummer, if only i could try the 19 cm at the imaginary DH store in frisco

my NS sz = 28 fit, after stretch = too loose, after soak = still loose

So leads to my Dior 19cm dilemma, either sz 27 or 28.

My fears:

sz 27 = way too harsh for my somewhat muscular thighs/calves. track & football :mad:

sz 28 = will stretch out like the NS, and ends up sitting on my shelf for days

I don't even live in SF and I know that Saks Fifth on Union Square carries Dior Homme on the fifth floor of the mens store, that's where I picked up mine.

^ I'll give them a call tommorow morning. btw i'm about 45 minutes away from sf :D

but i assume your even farther away.

In my recollection from previous posts in this thread, they carried only large sizes ?

I could be wrong, what size did you pick-up?

Options so far:

1. Saks Fifth

415-986-4758

384 Post Street

San Francisco , CA 94108

2. Dior Homme

LA - 310.247.8003

3. Luisaviaroma

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=45I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=132

In my recollection from previous posts in this thread, they carried only large sizes ?

I could be wrong, what size did you pick-up?

I'm about 8 hours away from SF or so, I was there looking at colleges. I missed the sale at The Archive by two days, so in my grief I bought a pair of Japanese-Raw-19cms in size 30. I saw a size 28 in the same fit. It sounded like they had a full size range in the back, since the two sizes (29,30) I asked for they had, and he said they had more in other sizes as well.

They do not stretch like APC NS at all. Also, take note that NS is not tapered like DH19cm--but regardless, the only area that is infamous for stretch is the waist. The rest of the jean does not stretch at all near the rate NS does.

For reference, I wear my NS in a 26, and my DH19cm (black) in 27, and the 27 are awfully tight, even at a few months of breaking in.

hey everyone

the first thing to note is the appropriate way Hedi Slimane likes the jeans to wear on the body. Believe it or not, Dior Homme raw denim is not designed to be extremely slim...even the 19cm model. The waist runs true to size, which some people mistake for being a little loose in the waist. The part that most guys find it difficult is in the thighs...big thighs will make these jeans feel super-tight. Anyway, the jeans are supposed to be hip-slung. The stacked effect that they achieve (which Hedi popularized, so DONT get them shortened) gives the appearance of a more relaxed, comfortable fit. And yes, the waist, seat, and thigh all stretch out about 1 size. This will probably take 2 weeks (or more?)of constant wearing, but all denim gurus must have some amount of patience.

I sell them on a regular basis, so these have been some of my observations. So buy them true to size, do some lunges, and let them hang off your hips. Oh, and get all the grit, sweat, and pizza grease you can into every nook and cranny...its always worth it.

And dont forget the freezer...its a life saver.

hey everyone

the first thing to note is the appropriate way Hedi Slimane likes the jeans to wear on the body. The waist runs true to size, which some people mistake for being a little loose in the waist. The part that most guys find it difficult is in the thighs...big thighs will make these jeans feel super-tight. Anyway, the jeans are supposed to be hip-slung. The stacked effect that they achieve (which Hedi popularized, so DONT get them shortened) gives the appearance of a more relaxed, comfortable fit. And yes, the waist, seat, and thigh all stretch out about 1 size. This will probably take 2 weeks (or more?)of constant wearing, but all denim gurus must have some amount of patience.

I sell them on a regular basis, so these have been some of my observations. So buy them true to size, do some lunges, and let them hang off your hips. Oh, and get all the grit, sweat, and pizza grease you can into every nook and cranny...its always worth it.

And dont forget the freezer...its a life saver.

ok..

1. how the hell can you say they run true to size? my waist measures 35-36" and I wear a size 31 in all of my diors! a size 31 measures close to 34" to begin with, thats not true to size.

2. yes Hedi popularized the stacking efect, for 185cm models. if you're 5'5 and wear your jeans low they will stack all the way to your balls. so in some cases it could be ok to actually hem them a bit. its all up to personal preference really.

3. re: "they will stretch one size", mine stretched about 2" in the waist.

^ backing lowrey on this. My size 28's measure 76cm around, which is... da-da-da-da: 30". Give them a month's wear and they'll stretch out another inch and a half at least; there's no way these true to tag size.

All of this has been well documented by enough people in this thread; and in the end, it's really a matter of personal taste for fit anyway. I wear a black pair higher up and tight through the legs, I wear a blue pair really low and on the baggier side, I like the fits on both.