Word of Mouth - Contest Feeler Thread

WoM - Contest duration  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which denim should we use?

• RS1950-ROW
    • RS501-UF

This poll is closed to new votes

Thank you everyone! Will also likely size up to 39" since it's an option. I can swing 38" as with most of the repro brands, but have a tendency for crotch blowouts at that size, so the extra space will be appreciated

It seems it will be the RS1950 denim. I will wash my pair in the next days again to show more of it's shrink potential. 

And, could everyone who is really interested DM me? Then I will start a list. If you are already sure which cut, I can add this as well.

4 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

I too am planning on trying something different this time around, going to wash once a week and probably dry in the dryer.

I have absolutely no choice in this. If I am to wear these as much as I plan to once this starts, they will undoubtedly need a weekly wash! The kids and the animals will see to that.

3 hours ago, Alec Leamas said:

I have absolutely no choice in this. If I am to wear these as much as I plan to once this starts, they will undoubtedly need a weekly wash! The kids and the animals will see to that.

Check out this pair of Boncouras, washed and dried every other day for a year or so.

I should add, I meant different as far as my washing schedule. 🤘🏻

Edited by reallypeacedoff

Those Boncouras look awful, imo. But if the wearer is happy with them, I love it! 

Anyway, based on Ooe shrink experience and what b_F reported for shrink on his 411, I think I'm eyeing a 36 in the 5150. 😬

On 8/30/2024 at 8:04 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

And, could everyone who is really interested DM me? Then I will start a list. If you are already sure which cut, I can add this as well.

Apologies only just seen this now, and have now DM'd!

Just thinking out loud here...Since we're going RS1950 I might switch up to a 1947 pair instead of WWII. Decisions, decisions! I'll also likely resume my typical washing routine given the 18 month timeline (3 months no wash, regular washing after that but no dryer this time around) instead of my last few pairs which I've been holding off on washes for, a la APC mid 2000's 😂 Sizing up to W39 and will probably get them hemmed real short like 24" inseam to float nice and high without cuffing 

Edited by aho

My first measurements might have been shit or the denim stabilised after stretching. Both washes at 30°C in the machine with a "jeans wash programme". Line dried. 

The denim has a more prominent red cast now, small veins and the puckering is...superb

2nd Wash
Waist: 33.5"
Front rise: 11.5"
Back rise: 15.5"
Thighs: 13"
Knee: 9.5"
Leg opening: 8.75"
Inseam: 30.75"

Adding the measurements so we can estimate the shrinkage...

Pre-wash         1st wash            2nd wash       ~shrinkage w/ wear                                        

Waist:                  36”                    33”                    33.5"              2.5"
Front rise:           12.5”                  11.5”                  11.5"               1"
Back rise:            17”                     15.5”                 15.5"               1.5"
Thighs:                13.5”                  12.5”                 13"                  0.5"
Knee:                   10.25”                9.25”                9.5"                0.75"
Leg opening:       9.25”                 8.75”                 8.75"              0.5"
Inseam:                34”                    31”                    30.75"            3.25"

Edited by reallypeacedoff

@efujobu1 No real cut off date as of yet but when the 25 spots are taken, they are taken.

With that said, 18 persons DM'd me so far which means there are still 7 spots open.
Not everybody who shown interest in the thread has DM'd me but also people who didn't voice the interest openly did write me.

Edit: 20 people now! ;)

Not yet. Simone has a small batch he needs to produce with priority but after that we mainly have to rely on the denim supply.
Once we have a clearer view on delivery dates for the denim we can manage the deadline for ordering/deposit and then we wil lalso decide until when we need the decision on cut and size.

14 minutes ago, Alec Leamas said:

@beautiful_FrEaK some may have missed the post requesting a DM like me! (though granted most are probably more competent and alert than I am!)

Probably :)

I think I counted 4 people on this thread that haven't DM'd me so far but they all wrote they will decide based on cut/price/details. So maybe they are not interested anymore.

!!!UPDATE!!!

We (or rather Simone) got an aswer from Collect about denim availability.

There are 2 rolls available right now of the RS1950-ROW of which Simone needs at least one for us. The R501-UF is not available and the production schedule has been postponed until March '25.
So we are glad the majority of people voted for the RS1950 (and honestly, we are happy that there is still stock...).

This brings us to the following situation:

• We can most likely start this whole thing earlier than "planned" (meaning before Christmas)
  • We would need the deposits earlier as well and I talked with Simone and we agreed on September 13th
    (the deposit would be 140 € payed either via PayPal [F&F preferred but not mandatory of course] or bank transfer)
    This is necessary so Simone can order the denim and is not left with fabric that he doesn't need.
    More info about how to pay will follow.
  • [email protected] for PayPal 

As for the 25 spots not taken until September 13th, we agreed that the last spots can also be filled later.

As for cut and sizing: this is not yet important for the deposit, this decision can made later (I will clarifiy this with Simone again until he needs a final cut and size decision).

Number Name
1 b_F
2 MJF9
3 JRendon02
4 UkeNo
5 JohnM
6 reallypeacedoff
7 nopal
8 Jared_Lee
9 fabes
10 vIGGiou_riou
11 81611
12 Alec Leamas
13 ashgiovanni
14 aho
15 srudy
16 Lazerr
17 bartlebyyphnics
18 frank
19 theguywhoknewthatguy
20 broark
21 julian_wolf

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@efujobu1 No real cut off date as of yet but when the 25 spots are taken, they are taken.

With that said, 18 persons DM'd me so far which means there are still 7 spots open.
Not everybody who shown interest in the thread has DM'd me but also people who didn't voice the interest openly did write me.

Edit: 20 people now! ;)

Thank you! I’ll be watching this contest for sure 😊

A 6-month fade drag race has potential to be quite the spectacle! Though would probably only encourage behaviour the likes of which we have documented and discussed recently on the blunders and general nonsense thread.

8 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

the deposit would be 140 €

Do we have confirmation on what the final price will be? Sorry if it was already stated and I missed it