superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

Windows

As far as the flooring, this was one thing I wavered on a bit. Quotes were coming back over $2k to polish and seal it. I sourced stuff to do it myself, but it was going to be a two part application, including a 10-day curing period where I wouldn't be able to be in the space. So I left it open; it's def. quirky, but growing on me.

may be worth it in the long run. id acid stain (in a non-gaudy color) and seal then find a place to kick it for 10 days. it will add another level of refinement to your place.

103879.JPG

as suggested earlier please post pics of your bathroom. interested to see what it looks like.

915OSBpod.jpg

I dig my little OSB storage pods. I made 3 small ones (2.5' cubes) and 1 big one (4'x2.5'x2.5') Everything is up on casters, so they're pretty easy to slide around and divvy up the space with.

915Shower.jpg

A quick shot of the ADA shower. The bench on the left flips out. You'll have to imagine the basin sink and toilet over to the right side of the frame.

Yardsale, I'd been thinking about dropping down a couple Nelson's from the celing, but I lean a bit more to the technical, and am trying to hunt down a large diameter circ. fluorescent tube light to suspend there. I think it could work with a warmer temp. light, we'll see.

I'll be sure to update as I go along.

Spec'ing the right color isn't hard. They're at a point these days where there's no flicker/refresh, etc. I just need to find a cool fixture. Not really looking forward to drilling more masonry, but whatever. Drilling 1 > drilling the 12 I had to do to install the metal halide track lights that're in there now.

As far as the flooring, this was one thing I wavered on a bit. Quotes were coming back over $2k to polish and seal it. I sourced stuff to do it myself, but it was going to be a two part application, including a 10-day curing period where I wouldn't be able to be in the space. So I left it open; it's def. quirky, but growing on me.

My loft came with bare concrete floors too. I ended up doing a black epoxy floor (also available in other colours). Came to about $2/sqft installed, taxes, etc. And this is in Vancouver, Canada, where Minimum wage is like what? $11/hr now? Anyhow, do a bit of research and look for something local with high solids and low/no gassing. It's out there.

Acid etching will take a few hours to apply, a day to blow out. Low VOC epoxy will take 24-48h to cure till you can walk on it (no heavy furniture though) and a couple more days for the heavy stuff.

Super easy to maintain.

Moved in here a few weeks ago. Renting 1100 sq ft by myself. The price was too good to pass up and I don't have to worry about annoying apartment neighbors. I need a roommate though--and the place obviously needs some fixing up (and new furniture).

House2-1.jpg

House1-3.jpg

House3-1.jpg

House4-1.jpg

Nice backyard area.

House2.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hey Mudered, where did you get those insect mounts? Those are dope, I would love to get some but have no idea where to get them.

the boxes i got from ikea. the insects inside where from the old days when i would go to the insect fair with my family..was a bit of a nature nerd then; i still kinda am lol.

the frame on the left are a bunch of different longhorn beetles. the one on the right are an assortment of goliath beetles and similar species.

the boxes i got from ikea. the insects inside where from the old days when i would go to the insect fair with my family..was a bit of a nature nerd then; i still kinda am lol.

the frame on the left are a bunch of different longhorn beetles. the one on the right are an assortment of goliath beetles and similar species.

you guys are awesome thanks :D

They are not really as expensive as I thought. I hope they ship well, they look delicate.

Not seeing a whole lot of stuff on the walls in the recent pages. I just moved into a new place with white walls and is boring as fuck. I've got a bunch of concert poster prints and prints from friends I'd like to hang up but what's the deal? Should I just go with that sticky putty crap I used in college (I really don't want to mess up the posters) or toss them in a plain frame and be careful with putting holes in the wall? Any other ideas? Looking to move past the dorm room aesthetic.

I just returned home from school and found out my parents (in b4 under-aged) have moved my bedroom. I have repainted the room but now I have barren walls and a lot of imperfections to cover up. Any ideas as far as posters or decor for the walls? I'm thinking an area rug and table in front of the couch.

dsc01547q.th.jpg

my small simple room

roomggx.jpg

do you have the dimensions for those selves. the size of the boxes that is. I would like to have the going on in the storage wall thing I have next to my door.

dsc01549g.th.jpg

I'm putting a dresser and a flat screen above it in the space to the right of that (if I make some money that is!!)

Not seeing a whole lot of stuff on the walls in the recent pages. I just moved into a new place with white walls and is boring as fuck. I've got a bunch of concert poster prints and prints from friends I'd like to hang up but what's the deal? Should I just go with that sticky putty crap I used in college (I really don't want to mess up the posters) or toss them in a plain frame and be careful with putting holes in the wall? Any other ideas? Looking to move past the dorm room aesthetic.

i like plain walls

but i also think that framed posters are pretty cool.

A picture ledge

IKEA: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30131410

is a nice alternative. Good horizontal lines that you can put stuff on. You'll have to put holes in the walls, but you can always patch it up later. And the nice thing is you can add or remove art on the ledge whenever.

That said, you can always just use a monkey hook for easy installation (no tools necessary) of traditional pictures-on-a-frame.

http://monkeyhook.com/