MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday, i feel the same way. i was thinking about unstitching the "m" design, and possible relocating the leather patch to the waist band. idk...

i think the leather patch on the back pocket looks ridiculous. I'm not getting a pair, but I'd definitely put that thing on the waist band. the first picture I saw was that one with all the leather patches and I thought "hey, thats a pretty cool looking waistband patch." Then I saw the pics of the back pockets and was immediately disappointed.

its just too big and fancy looking to be like that wrangler sort of leather thing.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but it seems as if some of you have been waiting to finally join the MF team without having to look like a crazy denim patchwork nerd.

Then when he doesn't do an exact copy of the standard 5 pocket set-up you all find something to start whining about.

I don't get it, isn't part of what makes what they do interesting the fact that MF doesn't do the exact same thing as everybody out there?

You want a regular 5 pocket, waistband patch, no backpocket stitching, go buy yourself a pair of jeans from any other brand...

/rant

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but it seems as if some of you have been waiting to finally join the MF team without having to look like a crazy denim patchwork nerd.

Then when he doesn't do an exact copy of the standard 5 pocket set-up you all find something to start whining about.

I don't get it, isn't part of what makes what they do interesting the fact that MF doesn't do the exact same thing as everybody out there?

You want a regular 5 pocket, waistband patch, no backpocket stitching, go buy yourself a pair of jeans from any other brand...

/rant

personally I'm all for pushing boundaries but the leather patch on the back pocket just seems like they're being different for the sake of being different. I think the shape and leather of the patch alone would have been a change enough to make it interesting. Not only does it look strange, but I bet it is uncomfortable especially with a wallet in the pocket.

edit: and I actually kinda like the M stitching.

picked up one of those mf gap shirts today(wednesday)...had a 40% off every wednesday coupon thing and thought why not. employee at the counter messed up, he took a 45% discount, then took another one, so I got the shirt for a total of....8 dollars! pretty pleased. I guess the shopping gods were looking over me today or something. too bad the apple store didn't have any ipads :\

I think that leather patch looks unbelievably creamy+sexy (hey its been awhile) but I would also remove it and stitch it to the usual position at the waistband (or even center back)

im very curious about the fit and price

chinos are also definitely in my watch list

+ N-1H Troy

+ vest

seriously, i need a second job

personally I'm all for pushing boundaries but the leather patch on the back pocket just seems like they're being different for the sake of being different. I think the shape and leather of the patch alone would have been a change enough to make it interesting. Not only does it look strange, but I bet it is uncomfortable especially with a wallet in the pocket.

edit: and I actually kinda like the M stitching.

not too different when you consider wrangler jeans do this.

picked up one of those mf gap shirts today(wednesday)...had a 40% off every wednesday coupon thing and thought why not. employee at the counter messed up, he took a 45% discount, then took another one, so I got the shirt for a total of....8 dollars! pretty pleased. I guess the shopping gods were looking over me today or something. too bad the apple store didn't have any ipads :\

I'm sure the Aids foundation thanks you...

I find the placement of the patch to be quite interesting; not sure if it's a repro of something that's been done, but I'd imagine that the patch would take a beating like the back pocket of any pair of jeans.

It will either make for some great wear on the leather, or a really early pocket repair.

To the layman, those jeans will look like some Wranglers, simple as that.

Wrangler has been doing a patch on that spot since forever and I've never heard anyone complain. Eventually it might fall off as the stitching wears through and you'd be left with a nice dark square on the pocket where the denim had previously been covered.

LEE also used to do a similar sized leather patch on the top edge of the left backpocket, kept blank so the wearer could brand it themselves.

It's a nod to the other two big "players" that shaped the "jeans world" as we know it today.

edit: Dead_wizard beat me to it...

its not that wranglers are "alien" to me, its that this patch seems larger and thicker than the wrangler patch and would be uncomfortable.

I've never liked wrangler anyways so maybe thats my problem. either way, I wont be buying anything from the new season so I should just butt out.

WranglerJeans.jpg

Californian_Back.jpg

leather patch looks great to me, and makes these jeans different enough from from standard 5 pockets to fit in the MF line. the patch looks great new and will probably look stunning after a couple years of being sat on and abused. however, i don't think the M stitching and patch look good together. we all know pocket stitching comes off though - with wear or a razor blade.

as HH said, congrats to everyone who scoured for coupon codes on a $25 t-shirt sold for charity...

for the record, the midnight p coat is probably the single best piece MF has ever made. that thing is mind blowing. i know a lot of people look at the denim p coat as a sort of definitive MF piece, and i think this one kills that. doubt i'll ever be able to afford it though (same old story)...

what's the inspiration for those vests? i don't understand them at all in an MF context.

interesting that MF melded biker and sailor lines rather than going a new direction. could've gone in a hunter's direction with those vests

/rant

I agree with Duck, MF has a style unto him self,THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

I own a pair of 7161 mds very funky but super fucking cool!

It doesn't seem like any one has seen these pictures thanks to Craft La's blog, via Hell's Kitchen

http://craftworkwear.blogspot.com/2010/07/mister-freedom-fall-oh-ten.html

Actually that is what has sprung up much of the conversation on the 5-pocket jeans. Cotton Duck posted a link to Hell's Kitchen.

after wearing the dungarees for about 7 months now, i can't wait for these!!

MFSC_Chinos4.jpg

i just hope they fit more less the same, or maybe even a little looser. i really like the trouser (whatever you call them) pockets. great for easy pocket-in/out access.

I got to buck the trend on here and say that I love the MF 5 pockets. If they have big sizes left next time I'm in Japan, I will be buying a pair.

desu

Either way, it is vastly cheaper from a japan proxy

Denim is made in the USA. The comment on the Craft blog about Jared hand stamping all the tags makes me wonder if it's an in-house project.

If retail is what Kiya said (~295) I can't imagine them selling for much cheaper in Japan.