MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those looks fantastic el topo, as always.

sidebar/question: you used dawn? I've never considered using dishwashing detergent before. Though it makes a bit of sense for getting the grease out, which is, now that I think about it, probably a lot of the grime. Human stink grease.

Anyhow- is this standard for you or a new experiment?

Yep I used Dawn, my mom suggested it so I so fuck it why not. I just figured it would be really gentle and clean the bacteria/grease out. This is the first time I have done this and I think I will probably continue doing it. Someone may tell you different but shit worked for me. Like I said I didn't notice much color loss at all. They feel like a glove again which is what I wanted and don't stink at all.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I'm selling my shore coat, and my chinos from the original naval line...check out the signature for details.

I'll get some pics of the progress on my shirts and 7161s up soon...they are all aging beautifully.

Just received the MF Peacoat - diggins it, just need to have the sleeves and length shortened and we're solid. Call me crazy but I'm towing around with the idea of having the white stitch restitched in dark blue. This jacket will surely get framed at some point in the future.

Eager for the winter

I hear ya Markmont. Some pics from about 6 weeks ago. Just getting around to posting them as I have been traveling all over. Picked it up from DinoMight for a great price. Unfortunately, only got to wear it one night, before the warm weather hit.

Pre-wash

DSC_1051.jpg

Post Wash Drying

DSC_1073-1.jpg

The super hot wash caused some clouding in the buttons (see lower button). Decided to take a black permanent marker and color it back in (upper button). Afterwards, took some Maas polish and cleaned up where I colored out of the lines. Can see the difference between the two.

DSC_1072-1.jpg

Love that Okinawa denim

DSC_1075-1.jpg

A couple fit pics with Buzz Rickson Chinos, and JCrew Chambray (for some reason, I like it better than my Buzz Rickson Chambray). Please excuse the scowl. Waiting for the taxi to my friend's bday party, and the camera kept tipping forward taking pics of the ground. Wasn't planning on taking pics of myself, so didn't bring the tripod. Probably should have hit the clothes with iron before heading out...

DSC_1083-2.jpg

DSC_1084-2.jpg

Bonus pics.

I traveled to Inner Mongolia last month for my engagement banquet. Found this pic in my camera. I think I laid on my camera when I spilled water on my bunk in the train. Space was tiny, and I couldn't sit up, so ended up laying in the water for 4 hours. However, on the plus side I actually got a decent close-up of my Rider Dungarees with a few weeks wear. Was the only pic I got of them during the trip. I love the texture.

DSC_1161-2.jpg

And some pics from the train for context.

DSC_1186-2.jpg

Pretty Isolated

DSC_1188-2.jpg

DSC_1190-2.jpg

DSC_1191-2.jpg

Nearing the station

DSC_1193-2.jpg

dude, i really want your jacket, new season cannot come fast enough...great fit btw

yeah, those are pretty much the coolest jackets ever. buzz rickson or mr.freedom.

unfortunately theres no way I can drop that much dough on a jacket.

Well not sure if anyone hasn't heard but the Giant Jesus (6 stories high) in Ohio was struck by Lightning Monday night and burned down. Full story click here. I thought I would post two photos in the MF deck jacket from about a year ago in front of the statue.

mfjesus1.png

mfjesus.png

Well not sure if anyone hasn't heard but the Giant Jesus (6 stories high) in Ohio was struck by Lightning Monday night and burned down. Full story click here. I thought I would post two photos in the MF deck jacket from about a year ago in front of the statue.

mfjesus1.png

mfjesus.png

Touchdown Jesus!

Yeah, I heard about that on the news this morning. They said it was often referred to as the "Touchdown Jesus". Pretty much the best thing I've ever heard.

Oh yeah, the deck jacket looks rad. Makes me eager to get mine out when summer abates.

Midnight Riders. Worn - maybe a dozen times since April? Shades of blue peeking through. These surprised me at first by how lightweight they are, but I'm appreciating them in the summer heat! :)

waywt1-55.jpg

detail2-3.jpg

detail1-4.jpg

coinpocket.jpg