I need a second opinion on my Samurais 0505xx...

rirawin

Arrived in the post today (Thanks to the guys at Blue in Green!)... tried them on and I'm not sure whether or not they actually suit me. Here are the photos...

samuraijeans01.jpg

samuraijeans02.jpg

samuraijeans03.jpg

They kinda look a tad ill fitting. My main gripe is the seating, alas it seems to puff out slightly, a problem I get with a lot of jeans. I know this is due to the fact I wear my jeans low, but in all fairness they're not that low. You'll probably say pull them up, but I think I'm at the stage of my life where I still want to be a kid and wear them a bit low.

Now, I'm intending to soak these in the bath, wearing them, as the waist is pretty tight as it is, I struggled to put them on! But they do do up (unlike my r45rpms) so I don't want them to shrink down any further. Can I expect shrinking on the seating area like the front and back rise? will this help with the puffyness?

Or am I looking to have to sell these on as they seemingly don't fit me very well...

i really like them, thats exactly how i rock my denims dude..but you seem in doubt, and i think you are of the tighter fitting persuasion, so maybe they are not the ideal denim model choice for you. you will find that the waist shrinks down but the seating area never does so i dont think you will ever be happy with these, but very good work and really nice fits tho imo man.

i think they look good...that 'ass problem' is something you always have with sammies because the cut is just like that...i think the 'distance' from backpocket to backpocket is bigger than nudies d. for example....i kind of have the problem myself..but it gets better when they loose their stiffness!

i would keep them!

excuse the bad english used for explaining the backpocket thing....

I was going to say the same thing. try wearing them for a couple weeks and the ass should settle down once gravity takes it's toll and the starch gets worked out a bit.

I'd like my jeans to fit like that, but I have thunder thighs and a most juicy rump from cycling.

Every pair of Levis repros I have ever bought had a "poofy" ass until a cold soak. Also, they are fresh out of the box. With a few days wear they alway settle down and the fit gets better. I say keep'em, they look awesome. Just remember, they are not girls jeans and are not meant to fit like skin.

Just remember, they are not girls jeans and are not meant to fit like skin.

yea because girls jeans are the only ones that are not baggy :rolleyes:

rirawin, since I know we wear our jeans in a pretty similar way, I see what you mean. I've had the same problem with some jeans and also why I've had problems deciding on which ones to get.

I dont think they look bad but you probably wanted them a bit skinnier.

I'd keep them though, wear them in a bit or soak them. if at the end youre not happy you can always considering tapering the crotch, that might take the seat in a bit? depending on the construction of course, but I think a tailor could do it just fine.

I'm trying SDA's next, some have said the seating is a bit weird but I hope it works better when sagging them a bit lower.

You wear them really low and that can be problem because of the cut in Samurai jeans. Wearing that low would need more boxy waist like for example APC ns. I wear my pants quite low myself (hips) but not that low -well, except sometimes when I'm really fucked up but thats another thing... :)

If you haven't washed/soaked those sammies yet, they will shrink dramatically and will look much better after two or three warm soak/wash. I'm a bit lazy but I just turn my raw jeans inside-out and wash them in quite hot 60C with NO detergents (if possible some gentle program like 'wool' or such) to get maximum shrinkage before wearing them.

^^ being a teenager in the mid 90s, and skateboarding, i thought i would never say this, but here it goes...

pull up your pants, and get some that fit.

tha ass looks like ass... because its not on your ass but on your thighs. buy some that fit your waist properly and you wont have that problem.

EDIT: sorry... didnt realize this was pre shrink. lets see them after a shrink.

they look fine, agree with cheap though, as someone who sagged my jeans most of the 90's there really isn't any reason to do it nowadays. i think that even with soaking them, you'll be ok, but the thing is, you bought smaller than you should have to have them sag i feel like. you should have STF for your hips and not your waist as your hips are bigger than your waist. but either way with STF, you have control over how the result is. good looking jeans.

I would do a full hot soak. This will shrink the legs as much as possible. It will also shrink the waist, but the waist will stretch back out to close to where it was prior to the wash.