Mid to late 90's emo saved my life

poly800rock

its called shitty pop-punk. this is NOT emo. notice how none of the bands mentioned yet have anything to do with this trash. not that i want to start an argument about this, it just seems pretty obvious that that picture and that website have VERY little to do with 'mid to late 90's emo' and more to do with being really cool via myspace and listening to legitimately whiney bitch music.

Um, dude; joke?.........they wouldn't get too far with you in the slammer.

this whole technical emo stuff killed emo in general. i include everything from portraits of past and anasarca to mineral in emo.

i see what you mean. for lack of better analogy: southern hiphop shouldn't be known as snap, gangster rap should just be called rap, and miami bootie base is just rap.

it shouldn't even be "emo." this music should just be "punkrock..." if what you're implying is accurate.

i don't see how a couple genre terminologies killed emo... i am of the opinion that emo was more of an attitude or community based on earlier labelling obviously called "emo" which spawned other types of music that wouldn't even have been thought to be your "emo" it they had been produced at the same time.

anyway it's actually a good thing that emo has been killed. popularity always takes the piss out of everything.

Co-sign on SOV. Seriously. But what about on the might of princes. Come on kids. You know you like it.

i was listening to where you are and where you want to be all fucking day man, that's weird that you said that

400 fucking years

sleepytime trio

holy shit i forgot how good sleepytime trio was. wow

hot water music. and that one side project... what was the name?

Rumbleseat? Wow, good band... but obviously not as good as HWM.

Listened to some Moss Icon and Indian Summer the other day. Yaphet Kotto anyone?

And someone mentioned Mohinder... wow, this thread is amazing. Anyone into Julia?

Listened to some Moss Icon and Indian Summer the other day. Yaphet Kotto anyone?

And someone mentioned Mohinder... wow, this thread is amazing. Anyone into Julia?

i liked julia at the time, but i don't think it holds up. props though for their "homosexuality is not a disease and i am not sick" stance. i would let go of all 3 of their river's edge 7"'s for curiousity seekers. (PM me)

Indian Summer is perfect. when i was in highschool, i drove four hours to see them, but they cancelled!

yaphet kotto was awesome....ebullition records....just listening to that lp xxx some ideas are poisonous.

got a mohinder discography cd on gsl? somewhere around here..

somebody scored an orignal moss icon shirt not too long ago off ebay that was in the recent purchases thread...good shit.