Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

so i just read through this whole thread and i have two questions:

-is evevry model year of the duckdiggers from the '20s to the '50s the same cut just with different details? or all different cuts/rises etc etc?

-what is the weight of the denim used in the '20s? is it 14oz like the others? BiG doesnt specify..

There are models from 1900 and a few from the 1800's as well. Not sure about denim weight...WH's website doesn't say anything either.

There are models from 1900 and a few from the 1800's as well. Not sure about denim weight...WH's website doesn't say anything either.

i know, but i figured being from that long ago theres a good chance they are in fact cut differently, that and those two just dont appeal to me. i like two back pockets and all my belt loops

i believe the diff years are cut differently. for example the 1920 seems to have a lower rise than the 1950. i believe the fabric used is the same on each model but dont know the weight.

obviously the best person to ask would be gordon at big.

i know, but i figured being from that long ago theres a good chance they are in fact cut differently, that and those two just dont appeal to me. i like two back pockets and all my belt loops

sorry, I misread the question. Yes, they'd be cut different, and cinchback/beltloops would vary depending on the year. Its typical that older model reproductions are usually more loose fitting the earlier they are.

• 2 weeks later...

here are a pair of 1950 duckdiggers i got last week. not very well lit pics but at least you can see the silhouette. they shrank a lot from raw after the hot soak, but i have noticed that this type of denim is fairly easy to stretch out again.

dscn0511mt7.jpg

dscn0507qd7.jpg

photo0199qx4.jpg

photo0200yr6.jpg

can't wait to see yours... might post some of mine later on. I haven't gotten too many chances to beat them into the ground, but I have gotten a lot of questions and compliments in person about them (i plugged BiG whenever I got the chance, holla).

The color is just starting to really fall on my 1920's, but they're still dark as shit after 3-4 hot washes and dryer cycles. They're really only getting better with time...

such teases, all of you :o

seriously!

Such are the ways of the Digger Appreciation Society, indept information seems to be difficult to get hold off and you'll need an "in" to fully understand the magnificense of these overalls.

But oh my, when you've obtained a pair!

You will be awed beyond belief by these jeans and they will exceed all expectations!!!

Such are the ways of the Digger Appreciation Society, indept information seems to be difficult to get hold off and you'll need an "in" to fully understand the magnificense of these overalls.

But oh my, when you've obtained a pair!

You will be awed beyond belief by these jeans and they will exceed all expectations!!!

Quoted for truth.

Hey, can we make one of those fun sig-banners that everyone else on the site has? I wonder how many people there are in the Digger Appreciation Society?

Once it gets sunny out again, I'll take some proper pics of my 1920's...they're beautiful, but I anticipate that their true beauty won't show for another half-year to a year or so...even after three or four hot washes, they're still darker than my once-soaked RRL Slim Fits(!)

i love mine. i think i could probably have got one size down as i believe the denim would stretch, but i find these very comfortable. my main problem is that since i stopped doing any sport i have a pot belly and no leg muscles!

the denim itself is awesome. very rugged but not coarse.. reminds me in texture of an old style potato sack. also if you like chainsticthing you would be in heaven with these, it seems every seem has a chain stich.

hmmm, can't really see the contrast (if there is any) maybe try outdoors?

Also, did you get your true size in the 1950's? I sized up 2 for my 1920's and they're a great "comfy" jean for just messing around in (I usually rock it more streetwear than vintage style)... I've being toying with the idea of getting the 1950 in my true size and wearing it around as sort of a more traditional jean

well, Duckdiggers are not the type of jean that you beat hard into the ground everyday (like APCs or Samurais)... I feel like they age very gracefully, like a fine oak cabinet. People who buy Duckdiggers probably prefer to patiently watch the indigo change hue on their long walks through a fine trail in the woods...

(i.e. I'm totally talking out of my ass and we're all lazy)

There's a pic in the Lightning Denim Guide Vol.2 that shows just how damn blue duckdiggers get after washing and wearing them for what I'd estimate is about 2 years... again, lazy / don't have a scanner at home so who knows when I'll post that up :P

well, Duckdiggers are not the type of jean that you beat hard into the ground everyday (like APCs or Samurais)... I feel like they age very gracefully, like a fine oak cabinet. People who buy Duckdiggers probably prefer to patiently watch the indigo change hue on their long walks through a fine trail in the woods...

(i.e. I'm totally talking out of my ass and we're all lazy)

There's a pic in the Lightning Denim Guide Vol.2 that shows just how damn blue duckdiggers get after washing and wearing them for what I'd estimate is about 2 years... again, lazy / don't have a scanner at home so who knows when I'll post that up :P

joobs, you hit the nail on the head. for us, it's all about the small details that make the double D's special.

How about the duck 20's?

Woooo!

those look fantastic, cotton! i bet i could wear those to work, too.

hmmm, can't really see the contrast (if there is any) maybe try outdoors?

Also, did you get your true size in the 1950's? I sized up 2 for my 1920's and they're a great "comfy" jean for just messing around in (I usually rock it more streetwear than vintage style)... I've being toying with the idea of getting the 1950 in my true size and wearing it around as sort of a more traditional jean

yeah, it was raining in seoul today. i'll try to get some outdoor pics once the sun comes out again.

i did get my true size in the 1950s, but i like your idea, too. the duckdiggers have such a unique design that a little deviation from sufu norms seems very much in the spirit of things