Supreme 2006 F/W

herpsky

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to pick up the supreme duffle coat and was turned off by the qualiy. it was totally not worth the $280+ they were asking.

A lot of people I know got didnt like the quality/styling of this years jackets. this years winter jacekts all have kinda a tacky feeling to me.

Does anyone else get the feeling that after 13 years or so of slow building, Supreme have decided to accelerate the growth of the brand lately. I havent followed the brand since the very begining, and I'm not judging either, it's their business to run how they want, but it seems that opening new stores in Japan, the website, claimed decreases in quality, for instance the jackets and t-shirt printing, all point to increased production and exposure.

What do you guys think? And if you agree do you reckon this will lead to the end, or just a new direction for supreme?

i was disappointed to find a "made in china" label in the back of my baseball jacket!

the sweats are still dope though.

Supreme have been making jackets (and many other items) in China for years and years. Some stuff's made in USA, some in Canada, some in China, some in other parts of the world. All of the longsleeve polos i have from various years are all made in China, and all of them are of good quality, including this season's...

Wouldn't you want to make more money?

Yeah definatley, as I said I'm not judging them, it sort of suprises me that they didn't expand earlier. I guess i shows how much they probably care about what they do, and what they stand for.

Wouldn't you want to make more money?

that's kind of a lame point and a stupid thing to say. the question he's asking is (more or less) whether or not there's a co-relation between the supposed dip in quality (i can say myself that i've seen a lot of threads and seems sticking out on the tee shirts) and their seemingly more aggressive business strategies.

whether anyone wants to judge or not, i'm gonna go ahead and say that, while this last season has had some great pieces and VERY interesting collabs (the timberlands especially), it seems like the 'key' pieces (tee shirts, for instance) seem to be lacking both originality and quality.

My Supreme Chinos from this season ripped in two spots after 1 day of wear on Thanksgiving.

The seam seperated both above and below the pocket...I was pretty pissed as I really love the weight and fit.

Returned them to Supreme for a new pair with no problems but it still has left a bad taste...

My Supreme Chinos from this season ripped in two spots after 1 day of wear on Thanksgiving.

The seam seperated both above and below the pocket...I was pretty pissed as I really love the weight and fit.

Returned them to Supreme for a new pair with no problems but it still has left a bad taste...

this has actually happened to me on a couple of pairs as well but it was real easy for my wife to mend since it was just the seam that ripped (and not the fabric). my wife said there's a lot of (thick) fabric coming together at those points and she can see why it happened, although yeah it'd be nice if they'd somehow reinforced those parts better... otherwise they're pretty much the thickest, sickest chinos i've ever come across....