UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Gave my pair their 3rd machine wash yesterday. 40 °C, no fancy detergent..I just don't care for this pair :D

Usually I like the rather simple jeans. Just "blue jeans" without much bling-bling. But these UES don't touch me emotional like Denime or Warehouse do (which are as bland in details and design as the UES). Although I'm still not convinced by my pair and still find them "boring/disappointing" as they lack that emotional connection as the former named brands...they are somehow my most worn pair in every week since the start of the contest...might be because of the contest spirit :) 

But I don't stand a change against Somar or geL- or MaxPower or ThinFinn :D

Same here. As we said yesterday - These have two crucial advantages, I have never come across in other brands.

1.) The fit. Perfect rise, enough room in the thighs, yet a strong taper, but somehow it doesn't end in a carrot fit. Good for us tall lean guys who suffer from too wide leg openings in size 32+ or too Slim thighs in slimfits. (Also good for the not-so-lean B_f and TF :P )

2.) The pocket bags. Sounds stupid, but the heavy selvage fabric and the length make every other pair inferior in that context. Something I immediately notice when I switch back.

The denim doesn't touch me that well neither. It's not bad, but just not that unique like for example WH. I prefer an unworn WH denim over the worn in UES denim and can't even directly put my finger on the reason.

Edited by Max Power

Just like you said: I can't put my finger exactly on what it is, that doesn't convince me too love them.

I'm with you on the pocket bags..best material I encountered in terms of sturdiness (although the SugarCane, Samurai or WW2-edition of other brands have more unique and better looking pocket bags).

Ok, one point I don't like about the denim: the brownish weft. From the right side you don't notice it but I "hate" it when I have to turn them inside out :D

But yet the denim is so soft/comfortable and combined with the generous fit in the top block, they are my most comfortable pair

I actually thought about rotating with my new Warehouse 800's now.... But.... Maybe next month. Don't want to risk it just yet haha  :D

I use a Canon 600D with the standard lens. For the macro shots I use this beauty HERE

Edited by Somar

And thanks for the compliment b_F. 

By the way I totally agree with you and Maxx about the pocket bags! This is not my first pair with tough pocket bags. My Livid Jeans pocket bags are made of a 8oz canvas. There is only one big difference, I can barely put my whole hand in them unlike the UES. Every time I wear another jeans I have to deal with this big lack of space in the pocket bags. 

Further, I have become very fond of my UES. They are extremely comfortable and they just look amazing. Every month that passes I get more compliments on my fades. I don't know what it is with this UES fabric but it works for me! I'm a huge fan and I would definitely love to own another pair (or two) in the future.

Awesome pair, Somar! I jut don't know how ou got them this light and marbled? I washed my pair as often as no pair before and they still look very dark.

Thanks max, I'm not a professor, but I think it's mostly because of the lighting and my camera. I really take some effort to choose the right time to make my photo's. I have tried making pictures inside, but I don't like the results I also tried direct sunlight (a few pages back I think) also not a great succes. I have seen your latest update, but you took them inside using a flash, right? If you would take yours outside and it would happened to be bright but also cloudy and you would choose the right angle you could probably amaze us all... because you have some great fades that I don't have!  ;)

P.S. I also wear them like hell!!! Every single day I'm working my ass of in them. Office job, on the construction site with my dad, chores around the house, heavy lifting, helping friends moving, etc. etc. etc. I think that is the biggest reason they got so light!

Edited by Somar

This is the antithesis to Somar's pair:

Not worn everyday, pictures taken on a cloudy day inside the house with a shitty cam... :D

"8 months"

Hahaha nice one! But they still look great though and I love the wallet fade you got. No matter how much I tried to have my wallet stay straight in the pocket, they always tipped a bit.

By the way, how many time have you washed them by now?

I love the wallet fade you got. No matter how much I tried to have my wallet stay straight in the pocket, they always tipped a bit.

b _F never removes his wallet, he simply puts it on his pocket every morning and takes it out again at night! ;)

They should have 3 machine washes and at least 1 or 2 soaks before I washed them (additional to the initial soak).

For the final pics I should send them to you for perfect pics :D

Would't mind helping the competition a hand  :D

Yep..as everything I buy is Japanese denim via PayPal, there is no reason for me to take my wallet out at all!

Then who buy's your lunch? 

Obbigood 400Z ordered (32) - Singapore
2. Somar 400T ordered (33) - The Netherlands
3. geL- 400T ordered (34) - France
4. marti-mar 400Z ordered (36) - USA
5. llvlagline 400T ordered (34) - USA
6. beautiful_FrEaK 400T ordered (34) - Germany
7. MaxPower 400T ordered (34) - Germany
8. ThinFinn 400T ordered (34) - Switzerland
9. frank 400R ordered (30) - USA
10. Peter 400S ordered (31) - Hong Kong
11. LC_Miey 400S ordered (29) -