Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

2831218054_0035e078b4_b.jpg

new stencil. no idea what i'll do the full-size one on, but i'll put what fits of it on a skate deck.

i'm really hoping to try and sell a deck. does anybody have any tips about the best place to do it and pricing and stuff like that? i've never sold any art before, so i'm all nervous and confused about it. and i probably won't make any money. but, you know, experience and all...

Holla if anybody has ridiculously tiny arms here. Like, RIDICULOUSLY thin arms. I altered this barneys house brand sweater and tried to taper the sleeves / turn it into a cardigan but one sleeve ended up simply too slim. This thing is a womens item now. I'd be willing to give it to somebody if they paid for shipping. BTW its kind of like fake yohji because i cut a big slanted seam down the center to turn it into a cardigan.

Oh and its hella slanted shoulder. Who am i kidding its bad but its cheap.

i probably wouldn't have gotten the 99 probs thing at first glance tbh, haven't had a 99 in a loooong time

nice work though as always..

Yeah, I'm trying to be more editorial in my work and the way I look at it is the illustration should be there to draw you in to the writing, not to tell the whole story itself.

In all honesty,

I liked that better before I scrolled down and read your explanantion.

Let the image speak for itself...

I guess if you can extract my intentions from that 'description,' you have masterful powers of inference. I'm usually pretty ambivalent about how much I reveal, generally favoring subtlety. In this case, I laid the foundation, but still left it up to the viewer to build the house. Regardless, if my presentation swayed you one way or another, and elicited an emotional response from you, then I have done my job. :)

quoted for truth. looks good as fuck, however weak concept.

I'm definitely not trying to reinvent the wheel. Just painting mirrors.

I definitely lol'd

Trust me, I do too. I have dreams about my paintings even before they get to canvas. Sometimes, I don't know where these ideas come from. But they do, and I roll with it.

I guess if you can extract my intentions from that 'description,' you have masterful powers of inference. I'm usually pretty ambivalent about how much I reveal, generally favoring subtlety. In this case, I laid the foundation, but still left it up to the viewer to build the house. Regardless, if my presentation swayed you one way or another, and elicited an emotional response from you, then I have done my job. :)

OK. that just made me dislike you even more.

If all you had posted was the image, title, and medium. I would have been +repping you. But instead you had to go off on this dumb new-age talking about the meaning of your work crap. And then think we're gonna bother to finish "build[ing] the house"? Nuh uh.

Good art stands on its own. Only bad art needs that kind of bullshit artschool justification.

Edit: this is not to say art can't have deeply personal meaning. Just learn when keep it to yourself sometimes.

that said, i think most artist statements are bullshit generated to appease the gallery set or blow-up an aura around an artist to sell art. i'm sure there are artists out there that take themselves serious in that way or find it a required part of their art to explain it in some vague, sensationalist, boring babble, but like me, i'm sure a lot are like "i wanted to experiment and work in (insert medium), so i made this because its fucking cool and interesting to look at. i also enjoyed the process."

i'm just going to edit after actually reading your post here: if you create art looking for other people to "build the house," you're looking for people to try to interpret your work, coming up with often irrational and assumed looks into your work. your painting isn't interactive, so what does this "building" do for you? it creates some bullshit story to support your painting, which it shouldn't need in the first place to be good art.

personally, i often find that offensive as most people are idiots and miss the point, then feel entitled to write their analysis with their head up their ass.

on the other hand, you'll still have people that will ask questions, research and discuss with you in order to provide a 3rd party's educated insight to how a work draws from and contributes to the culture around it and the art world around it. that's when the social aspects of art gets interesting, not when some lame gallerist is pumping air up your work's ass to sell to rich socialites.