Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kane..

Just out of curiosity..

I noticed my W+H hoodie from Rakuen's Explorer use lampo instead of riri. (It's exactly the same style as the riri zipper on the Spruce hoodies). I know lampo is used by high end designers (i.e. Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, etc.) but is there a particular reason why you guys made a shift in brands? I think the riri zipper is made better even though it's harder to attach the zippers.

There was a reply earlier in the thread made on the same observation that I made and Kane said that they made the switch to further distinguish between the w+h/w&h lines.

I was disappointed when I brought my black pinstripe hoodie home and found the zippers to be Lampos rather than Riris.

It's built to be roomy in the chest, with larger, baggy sleeves.

The name pretty much tells you all you need to know. "Classic fit," i.e. typical sweatshirt fit, not "tailored"/fitted.

This is a change from previous seasons, where the classic/slim fits were essentially the same, just sized differently. (M slim fit = S classic fit, etc.) now they're totally different cuts.

There was a reply earlier in the thread made on the same observation that I made and Kane said that they made the switch to further distinguish between the w+h/w&h lines.

I was disappointed when I brought my black pinstripe hoodie home and found the zippers to be Lampos rather than Riris.

Thanks yuljo. I must have missed that reply because I have been following this thread through all 16 pages. I'm kinda disappointed as well.

It's built to be roomy in the chest, with larger, baggy sleeves.

The name pretty much tells you all you need to know. "Classic fit," i.e. typical sweatshirt fit, not "tailored"/fitted.

This is a change from previous seasons, where the classic/slim fits were essentially the same, just sized differently. (M slim fit = S classic fit, etc.) now they're totally different cuts.

Actually, a little correction. The classic and slim fits from the previous seasons, and the previous F/W season in particular, were similar, but with some differences in desing as well. The most obvious difference was that the slim fit did not have the long cuffs. I also think that there was some change in the slim fit hoodies. My classic fit Spruce (medium) from last F/W and my W+H slim fit from this season are essentially the same, except that the chest and torso are very slightly more fitted. and the body slightly shorter) than the classic fit from last F/W season.

AFAIK, only available at Famous Friends.

Pricepoint is close to the M65s. And before anyone gripes about that, make note:

- Custom woven tartan

- 100% Merino wool shell, lined with sudeded fleece in the body, satin in the sleeves

- Grommet detail in the underarm, leather toggle with handmade glass beads (as per the rest of the line)

- Riri zippers in the chest pockets

Hey, NdG had the jacket. American Rag had the full run (except large) late last week, so they might have a medium still. They'll ship. Good luck getting this jacket. I had a helluva' time but Zeb from Nomad (an amazing guy) hooked me up (I got the last size large available, at least in North America).

By the way, if you guys can keep an eye out, I'm looking for the shawl-collar that Steven Alan had on the website, except in black, in a size medium. Thanks.

Anyone stopped by American Rag SF recently? Do they have any of the W+H and W&H shit left?

Was there yesterday. Didn't see any of the peacoats/duffles. They still had most of their stock of old/new hoodies (black, white), grey sleeveless hoodies, thermals, red hoodies, w&h hoodies (zipped black leather, no zip blacks with print on back, no zip white with print on back), w&h blazer/coat, and they also had the lumberjackets. I think they were brown and going for $550. They had at least 2-3 sizes of each on the racks.

Was there yesterday. Didn't see any of the peacoats/duffles. They still had most of their stock of old/new hoodies (black, white), grey sleeveless hoodies, thermals, red hoodies, w&h hoodies (zipped black leather, no zip blacks with print on back, no zip white with print on back), w&h blazer/coat, and they also had the lumberjackets. I think they were brown and going for $550. They had at least 2-3 sizes of each on the racks.

No shawl collars?

Thanks timpoblete! I guess I will be stopping by ARSF this weekend... I want a black zipup hoodie, I'll have to check out the fresh W+H/W&H stuff and decide if I want a LW or Wings&Horns one or both, lol...

Thanks timpoblete! I guess I will be stopping by ARSF this weekend... I want a black zipup hoodie, I'll have to check out the fresh W+H/W&H stuff and decide if I want a LW or Wings&Horns one or both, lol...

The thing with the black zip-up hoodies though are that they're "old/new", meaning one side is untouched, brand-new condition, the other is distressed, with rips at the edges, frays here and there, etc. I would've gotten one if the whole thing was just new, but the "old" was a turn off for me.