Inspiration LA 2013: Superdenim in Meatspace

Planetarium

So who's gonna be there?

I'll be posting my photos and trip report in this thread and I encourage others to do the same. Hopefully we can put a good document together for those who can't make it.

If you see a guy with an orange beard wearing Samurai and a lady with pink hair, come say hello.

Dress warm! Trust me its pretty cold in the dome. Swing by our booth and say hi at A21. We have stock with us for sale. Hope to see you guys there.

That stand with the Engineers might be ZIp Stevenson's. He had a whole bunch of them that he had studied while making his new Santa Rosa boots. I talked to him for quite awhile about the whole process. Some were just for style cues and others he took completely apart to check how they were constructed. One thing he has used on his boots is a triple ribbed shank that is riveted to the boot because he found a bunch of the old boots the shank had broken when it was only single or double ribbed. His is also galvanized so it won't rust.

Great stuff aho. Can you remember who had the stand with all of the engineer boots last but one pic.

Zip Stevenson from HTC.

• 10 months later...

2014: Who's going?!

I will be there, gonna be super heritage this year and ride a horse to the show.

Exhibitor map here:

http://inspirationla.com/exhibitors-guide#prettyPhoto

If you're interested in especially vintage or even just denim culture, it's certainly worth going considering it's not expensive, its downtown this year, the good deals (Real McCoys alone is worth it if they have the same pricing as last year), and seeing all of the geekery under one roof. Heck, I'm flying out from Chicago to go... ;)