I´m curios: are SLP shoes goodyear-welted? I might wanna keep em longer than a year or so if I buy some, especially considering the town I live in has many streets paved with cobblestone...

Do you know what goodyear welted means? Have you ever changed the leather soles of your shoes? If not you shouldn't care much, just vibram them and use conditioner and wax from time to time, put shoe trees in after each use and don't wear two days in a row if you can avoid it and they will last you a long time.

how do you vibram shoes? do most cobblers do it?

every cobbler can do this.  it's just slapping on a thin layer of rubber on the bottom (usually vibram brand) which prolongs the life of the shoe.  even if a shoe isn't welted, a cobbler basically just glues this on top of the leather sole (in lieu of a complete resole)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty remarkable price, but I don't know anything about the fabric/detail, or how many were produced.

That and the red blazer with leather lapel/spike detail were the two that stood out for me.

Not sure how the red blazer could be worn though- doesn't really work as formal wear due to the colour and lapel, what would you wear  it with?  White scoop neck t-shirt/white shirt, black jeans?

Pretty remarkable price, but I don't know anything about the fabric/detail, or how many were produced.

That and the red blazer with leather lapel/spike detail were the two that stood out for me.

Not sure how the red blazer could be worn though- doesn't really work as formal wear due to the colour and lapel, what would you wear  it with?  White scoop neck t-shirt/white shirt, black jeans?

Maybe a black button down? I know there is also an all black version, which seems easier to wear. 

tried it on in store, with plain black jeans and with the nappa leather pants. It looked pretty cool in the dressing room and the fit is really nice, but it's just too much to wear around for me. The black version mentioned above is better, it's still interesting but doesn't look ridiculous.

Any word on quality for the outerwear? Thinking of buying the duffle coat but hesitant if it's only gonna last me 2 seasons...

I tried on a bunch of outers including the down jkt, varsity, and etc. They def. don't warrant the 2k+ price tags. 

I haven't bought baller European imports recently but other lower priced maison labels like Givenchy or perhaps Burberry Prorsum (if you are really into the super tight look) have better looking stuff. 

If im correct the striped mohair scarf fit pretty long right ? was thinking about copping the stripped red/black one, but im like 5'10 , will it hit the ground lol ?

most scarves Hedi has designed are around the 275-325 cm mark so yea they are quite long. if you look at the runway styling, they are meant to be wrapped around the neck once and drop equidistant on both back and front. I am about 2 inches taller and they usually go to the knee on me

I tried on a bunch of outers including the down jkt, varsity, and etc. They def. don't warrant the 2k+ price tags. 

I haven't bought baller European imports recently but other lower priced maison labels like Givenchy or perhaps Burberry Prorsum (if you are really into the super tight look) have better looking stuff. 

Leathers don't feel cheap, some of the highest priced blazers do though, while the regular ones appear to be quite well made (of course Dior Homme was/is also quite good when it comes to manufacturing). None of it feels as luxurious as a good Lanvin jacket (i.e. the ones that were 2000-2200 euros at the start).