Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

The spinning cycle of a washing machine will definitely cause creases - the centrifugal action compresses the fabric as water is squeezed out. I've got vertical crease in some of my heavier jeans, but they come out with wear. I've always washed mine inside out so I haven't had any vertical fading along the creases. 

Top loading washing machines with a central agitator can cause damage to clothes (not just jeans). I have a front loading machine w/ no agitator, and I've still had creases. I use the minimum spin possible just to get some water out. Hate creases. 

I can see that in a top loading machine the agitator could cause abrasion on the vertical creases causing vertical fades. The way Fanya beats his jeans up, I curious to see how they look in a few months. Will be unique no doubt. 

I washed my jeans for what had to have been the 10th time.  Down sizing my jeans was a double-edged sword.

We just recently replaced our ancient top load machine with a new front load HE machine.  I washed my MBB's previous to the recent discussion and have some vertical lines now.  Luckily they are not brand new or there I would have shed some tears.   Definately glad I am aware of this now. 

This isn't the best shot of it but you can see the vertical line perpendicular to the whiskers. 

86D096CF-8ABB-41AD-A1EF-3A9E23F1B4D3_zps

Edited by Noodle36

And now for something completely different!

There is an extremely long post here worth of background information, historical significance, Advertisement/ Memorabilia etc etc ad nauseum.  I am not prepared on a Friday afternoon to type all of that. 

For those of you who know and maybe some who do not...these were just given to me by a friend.

1BD3DE43-0D37-4523-86F1-2E399F7C43BB_zps

E610C274-2869-4F82-8874-D757C5D0ECC5_zps

Sorry about the orientation of this last one.

That my friends is "the great one" in ads for GWG.  GWG was a truely Canadian company started in Edmonton, AB.

Since I got some pretty ugly tears on the knees of my jeans and the current challenge is to repair your denim, I thought I´d give it a try and fix them myself. As it turns out, this was one of the worst ideas I´ve ever had… But see for yourself:

01.JPG

^ So this is the bigger one of the holes. I figured I´d start fixing this one, just because it´s the oldest and it bugged me the most.

02.JPG

^ This is my wife´s sewing machine. I haven´t used one of those in over a decade, but I thought "how hard can it be – I´ll just wing it!"…

03.JPG

^ Had some leftover 21oz denim from having my Sammies hemmed (remember last HWDC anyone?). My idea was to sew a patch on the inside of the torn area.

04.JPG

^ ready, set, go!

05.JPG

^ at this stage I was quite surprised that things seemed to go pretty great! Although I was aware that the sewing machine was probably not the right size for the job, somehow I managed to reach the torn area and sew away. Little did I know…

06.JPG

^ and here´s the result: it actually didn´t go all THAT bad, apart from the fact that only after I was finished I saw that the denim had crumbled under the needle, and the area was what seemed like a big bulk of denim and thread. Obviosly I couldn´t just leave it like that, and so I removed the threads again, which took me more than half an hour. To make things worse, although I was REALLY careful, I only tore the denim even more:

07.JPG

So tomorrow, I´ll take my Iron Hearts to a local tailor and have them fixed professionally. Some smaller tears I´ll repair by hand, but I don´t think I´m touching that sewing machine again – at least not in combination with my jeans! :P

Bonus, part I:

A couple of days ago, to make up for me not posting picures on HWDC2-Day, I promised that I would post some pics I took during the last months which I hadn´t posted here. So here goes:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

These ones were taken at Open Flair Festival, a small but nice music festival in a town near the place I live.

Bonus Part II to follow…

Bonus Part II:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

As some of you may know, every now and then I like to visit one of the nice old castles which Germany has to offer. This one was particularly nice, since it is quite neat and small and still in good shape (it´s not from the medieval times, obviosly), and I kinda liked the artsy and sometimes quite sexual statues in it´s garden. I didn´t really understand the relation to the castle, they were probably some collaboration with a local artist, I guess.

Thank you Mega! Well, if I hadn´t torn the existing hole even wider in the process of removing the faulty patch, I might have even tried it a second time. But since there are other rips as well which I couldn´t reach with that tiny sewing machine anyway (crotch-area etc) I´ll have to take them to the tailor anyway.

I have been playing in a band for the last 10+ yrs.  We recently played a birthday party.  I asked a friend to take some pictures of me and the MBB's.  Not the best photos in the world but you get the idea.

34463899-B078-46D7-BBA5-CA8F21BEEB94_zps

Thats me in the back.

34BCB855-7D39-4489-B027-F2789F5A28D8_zps

You can just make out the selvedge line

D6179BC0-68AB-4ECD-96E2-5C8A66A8DBE2_zps

Edited by Noodle36

Did I miss anything - where did that Tee come from?

You need to check out the FB page for updates man.

https://www.facebook.com/denimworldchampionship

http://denimworldchampionship.com

HC-SF-91

-S610LX-

oct 2014

Got this condition.

Its been a couple weeks i dont wearing my samurai.

IMG_3764_zps50f69752.jpg

IMG_3768_zpsa9642e63.jpg

IMG_3774_zps32e3466b.jpg

IMG_3776_zpsdc8f8c9e.jpg

fellas, please any darn advice for this condition? 

while I was still searching for the darn technique, i found this:

check this out, the wizard's darn techniques http://indigoproof.com/ maybe it can be useful for you fellas.

I've never seen this beautiful techniques before in my country. 

*sorry for my poor or beginner english  :mellow:

Hey there Heavy Champs, HC-SF-40 here with a little eve update, its been an awfully long time hasn't it. The MBBs still have a way to go, I've not been wearing them a lot recently...primarily due to some Oni 511 HM that jumped into my arms in Hinoya. I suspect once the snows arrive the MBBs will regain their rightful place. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics.

tumblr_ndp17xHQ5n1r1lghso1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndp17xHQ5n1r1lghso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndp17xHQ5n1r1lghso4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndp17xHQ5n1r1lghso5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndp17xHQ5n1r1lghso6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndp17xHQ5n1r1lghso8_1280.jpg

OP - Great detail pics mate, some nice vintage style wear appearing on your lap.

Cheers dude, I really like the spots where the denim's wearing away like on the pockets. 

That blog Indigoproof is Rain from Self Edge's Darn-it if I am not mistaken.  That lady does some of the best repair jobs I have seen in my life.

I officially have a back pocket rivet exposed it feels good to finally have measurable damage done to these jeans.

Edited by FLDenim211