1886 green line

airfrogusmc

They look nice airfrog! The placement of the arcuate on the back pocket is very unusual. Are these from the 2005 European line of lvc, or were they available in the US?

I got these from this great e-bay dealer in Germany I think.

Heres the guy. Seems to have allot of denim. Some raw LVC stuff hes selling right now.

http://stores.ebay.com/xxxxxCULTIZM-COMxxxxx

They were here in the states in two days. Aero had these early last year raw and I waited to long to order them and they had sold out. These are the first one raw I've seen on e-bay. They weren't listed on the Levis site in he US that I can remember. This denim is just awesome. Can't wait to see how the wear in.

I gotta say those are beautiful. I particularly like the rivets. They have that "old time" look to them. Slight imperfections that would have been the case back in 1886. Great purchase. I always wanted to get a pair of these, but I am not a big fan of baggy jeans, and they don't have belt loops, so thems would be saggin on me three weeks into wearing them and I don't think I could pulls off the suspenders too well.

Well they do fit loose not hip hop but full cut. The buckle back does cinch it up in the waist or theres always braces. The buckle on these is the weekest point. Levis should find a better buckle for their 1901s 1890s and these. The metal they are made from sucks. Thats really the only negative. I actually have an original turn of the century buckle (steel) that I'll probably replace it with.

1901buckle.jpg

I didn't notice this thread ans posted this elsewhere...

Quote:

Originally Posted by airfrogusmc

"Paul Aero Scotland had these same 1886s/No pocket on the thigh. I never saw them in the US and this is the first pair I've seen on e-bay. I'll take some detailed shots when they arrive."

I've seen the Aero models, they were from 2005, but yours are different - patch in the middle of the cinch, and a different pocket shape, with a much wider hem on the top, also the stitching is different below the yoke (only a single line of stitching visiibe). It's a replica of the $45,000 Levi's, the Nevada jeans.

The weird thing is those are the one shape of Leiv's I would like to get in raw, yet I had no idea they ever produced them. Yours is very slightly different from the Nevada jean - arcuate higher, no pocket on the thigh, and I can't see if yours is the earlier style patch. If yours is otherwise the same, it should also have the high coin pocket, and a selvage waistband.

LOL, I know I am sounding like a true nerd here, but this Nevada design is the first pair of jeans EVER! So they're real interesting...

Edit: the first time Levi's did these, they used natural indigo denim from Kurabo. These replicas are completely new to me, can only guess where fabric is from maybe Kurabo or Kaihara, who did some of the 2005 range, almost certainly Japan. DOn't know why these have a green selvage line, tho, there shouldn't be one at all and shouldnt' have a 2-horse patch, and they should have the pliers pocket. They are beautiful jeans tho... very surprised to see them as I didn't realise there were any US-only LVC from the US in 2005.

I am very jealous, as these are my fave cinchback jeans. I only have this pair & altho theyt have the correct patch they're a little too small....

Levis1880jr.jpg

And here are some of the original Nevada, I think they were 2001. Photo courtesy Davie on this board.

img10280sw.jpg

I always thought that the 1886 were the ones with the little thigh pocket, and I know that they are not the 1890s cause the patch is in the middle. any way, great buy I hope you enjoy them.

I always thought that the 1886 were the ones with the little thigh pocket, and I know that they are not the 1890s cause the patch is in the middle. any way, great buy I hope you enjoy them.

what LVC are doing is filling in the gap between the old examples they have, with guesswork. They know the 1880 levi's have an old style patch in the middle, with the thigh pocket and the high watch pocket. And they know 1890 Leiv's have the twohorse patch on the right, no thigh pocket, and the familiar watch pocket style. But in between those two dates, I think they're guessing as to what changes when.

Back in 2001 or so they did what I think was an 1885ish replica in natural indigo. But they had the old style patch, on the right.new style watch pocket, no thigh pocket. It didn't look right (I had a pair and sold them). It would be way better if they stuck to what they knew was correct, rather than guessing for the in-between years. Either way, Allen's jeans are much nicer than their last effort, here...

butt.jpg

Well they do fit loose not hip hop but full cut. The buckle back does cinch it up in the waist or theres always braces. The buckle on these is the weekest point. Levis should find a better buckle for their 1901s 1890s and these. The metal they are made from sucks. Thats really the only negative. I actually have an original turn of the century buckle (steel) that I'll probably replace it with.

1901buckle.jpg

No kidding - the buckles are terrible. I had a pair when they came out back in 1999 or 2000 and the metal snapped after a week. With no belt loops to fall back on, I took them back and exchanged them for my first pair of snopants. Now I've got about 12 pairs in the cupboard!

BTW, hotwashed my other pair of 1920s 201s yesterday as they were a 36" waist and falling off me - the denim shrunk up beautifully and now I rest my other pair for a while. I still can't believe I snagged them on eBay for $60...

• 2 weeks later...

i was reading through David Little's Vintage Denim and he has a photo of what looks like the 1886 nevada jeans (or something similar), but the patch read model number 204. any idea whether it's just my eyes playing tricks on me? patch placement was in the centre below the buckle as well, same single needle arcuate as the 1886s.