lets talk watches

poopie boy

well since it was only about 120$ all in all it's not that expensive of a watch

it was just annoying that there was some problem with my shipping adress (my fault) and he had to send it again. for whatever reason that took almost 5 weeks. it wasn't stuck in customs or w/e :confused:

I did a lot of research on this a few months ago and concluded that it was basically impossible. The US retailers no longer carry them because the black PVD wears off. They're waiting for a tegiment model to come out, which apparently is in the works. they also wouldn't help me get one through an authorized dealer in the EU that had it in stock. I was about to proxy it, but DDML saved the day and sold me his. Good luck.

After debating on the watch, I ended up ordering a Planet Ocean on Tuesday. Thursday came around and my account hadn't been charged. Called the guy at Feldmar (friend of a friend) and he said it was being processed. So last Friday it ships. Told him I wanted it before this Thursday (leaving for a trip). Scheduled to arrive Tuesday. Perfect. He sends me an email today telling him to call. So I call him....

The FedEx truck that my watch was on was robbed. 3 packages were stolen, 1 being my watch.

I did a lot of research on this a few months ago and concluded that it was basically impossible. The US retailers no longer carry them because the black PVD wears off. They're waiting for a tegiment model to come out, which apparently is in the works. they also wouldn't help me get one through an authorized dealer in the EU that had it in stock. I was about to proxy it, but DDML saved the day and sold me his. Good luck.

Odd.. I kind of like the way it looks when it starts to fade/chip off.

I've seen a few sell on eBay, I just wanted to buy one new. Thanks for your help though.

After debating on the watch, I ended up ordering a Planet Ocean on Tuesday. Thursday came around and my account hadn't been charged. Called the guy at Feldmar (friend of a friend) and he said it was being processed. So last Friday it ships. Told him I wanted it before this Thursday (leaving for a trip). Scheduled to arrive Tuesday. Perfect. He sends me an email today telling him to call. So I call him....

The FedEx truck that my watch was on was robbed. 3 packages were stolen, 1 being my watch.

fuck! i guess they had insurance though?

1ot7g.jpg

Kind of want something like that Sinn 756. Currently wearing a Seiko SRP027, which is also similar. Anything in between the two in terms of price?

The 756S is pretty unique, with the black case and everything, and it's a pretty hefty watch; you could look at Fortis watches, which are cheaper than Sinns and they make some blacked out watches with ETA and Valjoux movements. They're all about $1000 i think. They have a black watch that looks kinda similar to the IWC Top Gun, stock ETA movement.

edit: nm, I had no idea some of these Fortis models got so expensive, they're priced like IWCs. Some are cheap though.