lets talk watches

poopie boy

SGD 300.

You could always rotate both, put the Ocean on a bracelet and the SK007 on a bond. Gives more options.

I need a dress watch now. Something like a day-just but friendlier-priced. Suggestions? Gold with white face preferred.

Not a fan of bracelets, prefer the natos and zulus, I have the skx007 on a bond zulu and my ocean on a red/white/blue nato.

I do have a bracelet for the skx007 though, so I could use that for formal occasions.

You can choose the acrylic over the sapphire if you prefer the vintage look, I just couldn't be bothered dealing with the scratches.

I'm no longer messing with acrylic, it's a nightmare to keep clear. My next watch is definitely going to be sapphire.

I would like my next daily/regular watch to have sapphire too, can be a Flieger-type watch again, but needs to have a sapphire crystal - IWC 3717 or the Glashutte Senator Navigator, I'm thinking.

Since acrylic comes in lighter--I always have polishing compound and jewelry tools handy--and the vintage aspect does it for me; I was thinking of doing one of those on a Nato as my 'light' watch, as the heavy dive on a bracelet bruises my wrist when cycling at high speeds!

Less $$ than a ti flieger, which would be the other option...

Since acrylic comes in lighter--I always have polishing compound and jewelry tools handy--and the vintage aspect does it for me; I was thinking of doing one of those on a Nato as my 'light' watch, as the heavy dive on a bracelet bruises my wrist when cycling at high speeds!

Less $$ than a ti flieger, which would be the other option...

I hit baseballs at this batting cage across the street from my house all the time - nice stress reliever - but I couldn't figure out why I kept waking up with big bruises on my wrist... took about 3 days and maybe one day off the sauce :o

I hit baseballs at this batting cage across the street from my house all the time - nice stress reliever - but I couldn't figure out why I kept waking up with big bruises on my wrist... took about 3 days and maybe one day off the sauce :o

Damn. You should prolly remove your watch when hitting balls. The shock is murder on the movement!